New IoT devices considered to prevent crime, make roads safer

snoop1130

10 hours ago, Percy P said:

Ok but it would be suspicious if not working every time the device is corrected

You mean as suspicious as having middle level Thai Police Officers having multiple storey houses and  BMw's parked in front and are never bothered ?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a great idea! Let's monitor everyone same in China!

For these guys the technology is probably new... I have GPS trackers since 3 years in 2 motorbikes to can locate them in case of theft. to increase road safety it's not enough to have a GPS tracker and an internet connection. You need on the user side someone who actually pushes an SOS button after accident or a device detecting an accident. Then on the other side there actually has to be a responder who is actually working. Who goes out to find and help. Tell to these competent military guys that GPS is not doing all the work by itself !

But what it is doing is emptying your scooter battery while parking over many days... You wang to know my GPS position? I know how to prevent you from following me!

19 hours ago, thequietman said:

Are you suggesting the BIB wear them?? ????

The device can be minimized to a size that will fit into the paratrooper insignia they all wear.

Incorporate a motion detector too.

But then again. 

The smartphone that they all carry and play with has location,  gps, movement and tracking already built in...

Why haven't the "Smarts" already worked out that one...?

Thais and technology doesn't seem to compute.

More into creating big display banners and having photos taken. 

it is a symptom of police states to over-rely on technology to basically monitor citizens etc.  the reality is that this will have no significant effect on road safety, it just increases police powers unnecessarily.

little electronic gadgets will prove useless and there will be no real improvement in road safety until the country recognises and adopts a holistic approach, along with all the expense and reform of institutions this entails.

8 hours ago, Blue bruce said:

Why must Thai authorities always try to reinvent the wheel. Why dont they just buy proven techonology from another country. 

Iys the same with the ankle bracelets for criminals on peobation, they dont work . 

Thais are the worlds superior race, i thought Everybody knew that. ????

34 minutes ago, Airbagwill said:

it is a symptom of police states to over-rely on technology to basically monitor citizens etc.  the reality is that this will have no significant effect on road safety, it just increases police powers unnecessarily.

little electronic gadgets will prove useless and there will be no real improvement in road safety until the country recognises and adopts a holistic approach, along with all the expense and reform of institutions this entails.

agree wholeheartedly......

Archived