Visa is 1900, not 2000 baht

Dear oh dear, why do you think the fee is set at 1900.- and not 2000? I am not a rich man but don't begrudge them ฿100, which they sometimes take and sometimes don't. 

I prefer that to Farangs that pay ฿1000 for a 90 days notice as I have observed a few times (last time the officer gave him 500 back).

Edited by cooked

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Actually a visa application done at immigration has a fee of 2000 baht. The fee for an extension of stay application is 1900 baht.

I have always gotten gotten the 100 baht back when I gave them 2000 baht at the office here when applying for an extension.

Me too ???? The question is, did you take it with you home?

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Puchaiyank said:

The officers I have dealt with expect the "tip"...will not give you back your change unless you ask...then your paperwork is looked at again to try and find something to cause you problems...

"Tip" of the day...don't ask for your change back if they do not voluntarily give it back to you...

Not worth having your stay in Thailand ruined over 100 baht.

WHAT ever the ammount is MONEY is better in ones own pocket...it can be costly enough in this country....umpteen photos required and copies of this and that...!!

• Thanks 1

in CM the 100 is always stapled to the receipt.

they made their 100 baht by making you get photos with a strange blue background useless for anything else.

that's fine i used every one of those 4 awful photos 

5555 another day, another thread, another clash for Mazzo again 

Can't keep any discussion for what it is without insulting people and showing them the door out ????

Like I said before, it's not 'what' you say, it's 'how' you say it

Edited by RedPill
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, jacko45k said:

In Jomtien, the 100 baht change seems to come automatically.

Hear hear.  Here, here. We are blessed with perhaps the best & most sensible Immigration office in the country.  15 years and ripped off only once.

• Like 1

I normally 'forget' to collect the change unless it is stuck in my hand with the receipt. Then M. Moon quietly steps in and drops 'a little for eat' as she calls it. So quant!

We never fail to get good service and we appreciate it, especially this year, our first using the self presented income method. (which worked)

5 hours ago, fishtank said:

I have had great friendly service at Khon Kaen over the years so why not leave the 100 Baht?

I've  also had friendly service after saying no to breaking the law.

I known some guys that constantly complain about corruption/bribery  yet when it comes to the police they lose all their integrity.

5 hours ago, Tayaout said:

If they expect tip then give them. Welcome to Thailand. If you don't like it then well you know about not slamming the door thing. 

They don't expect a tip. I guess you never watch the local news and talk to locals about what they think about poloce extortion.

5 hours ago, fishtank said:

I have had great friendly service at Khon Kaen over the years so why not leave the 100 Baht?

Because, the next poor schmuck, who doesn't have the money to spare, doesn't get service?

Where does this USA style obligatory tipping stop? I could soon run out of 100 baht notes after I have done the rounds of all the guys working security at the airport.

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, lamyai3 said:

Same at CW, the change comes back with the receipt, no indication that a tip would be appropriate or expected. 

Ditto for me at CW after doing 10 extensions of stay.  Never the smallest hint or indication of a tip would be nice.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Moonlover said:

I normally 'forget' to collect the change unless it is stuck in my hand with the receipt. Then M. Moon quietly steps in and drops 'a little for eat' as she calls it. So quant!

We never fail to get good service and we appreciate it, especially this year, our first using the self presented income method. (which worked)

I get good service at my dentist, yet always remember to get my change.

I'd tell my wife to use her own money if she wants to treat a cop to a meal.

Edited by Neeranam
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

I get good service at my dentist, yet always remember to get my change.

I'd tell my wife to use her own money if she wants to treat a cop to a meal.

My wife DOES use her own money!

38 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

They don't expect a tip. I guess you never watch the local news and talk to locals about what they think about poloce extortion.

They always give me my change back but if 100 baht make them feel better then good for them! I won't lose sleep over this. 

• Like 1