Visa is 1900, not 2000 baht

9 hours ago, Puchaiyank said:

The officers I have dealt with expect the "tip"...will not give you back your change unless you ask...then your paperwork is looked at again to try and find something to cause you problems...

"Tip" of the day...don't ask for your change back if they do not voluntarily give it back to you...

Not worth having your stay in Thailand ruined over 100 baht.

I'd be far more worried that if I gave a tip to immigration, I'd be arrested for offering a bribe. My IO is Jomtien and suspect offering a tip would be frowned upon. Not that I've ever heard of anyone trying it.

Where is your IO?

Well I just done my non imm b extension today,I wish I could have got away with just paying the 1900 plus 100 bht tip .....cost me way way way more than that......things here are certainly getting a lot worse☹️☹️☹️☹️.

it is so obvious why they will not issue 1 year non b visa in your home country☹️☹️☹️

Edited by taninthai
  • Like 1

Last time I did an extension I reported on local board of my experience and rather than how easy and fast the transaction was, the entire conversation evolved into the 100 baht "tip."

My response then was confession I could never be a good expat.  Because I will always be impressed and appreciative of fast easy service rather than complain about $3 over charge. If a person, any person, feels need to lie, steal, or cheat me out of $3 I figure they need it more than I.  

And quite frankly, I hope I never change.  

YMMV

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, 86Tiger said:

Last time I did an extension I reported on local board of my experience and rather than how easy and fast the transaction was, the entire conversation evolved into the 100 baht "tip."

My response then was confession I could never be a good expat.  Because I will always be impressed and appreciative of fast easy service rather than complain about $3 over charge. If a person, any person, feels need to lie, steal, or cheat me out of $3 I figure they need it more than I.  

YMMV

Its interesting. I’m from the US where tipping is an ingrained part of the culture. But there are sharp lines prohibiting tipping to government officials. In the US I’d be concerned about being arrested for trying to bribe an officer. Even if it is more prevalent in Thailand I don’t understand why anyone would want to encourage it. It’s not good for Expats or Thais.

58 minutes ago, 86Tiger said:

YMMV

wurd. its less than $3. who freaks out over $3?

3 million maybe

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

I dont even use 20 bahts or 10 or 5 bahts any more, I just toss them in the drawer when I get home. anything below 5 baht belongs to the first vendor or security dude I see.

Do you hear sounds like "farang kiniow" when you do that?

20 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

No, its about the $3. If the Immis want to keep my $3 change, thats fine, even thinking about it isnt worth the $3.....because....

I won lifes Lottery. I have an American passport and enough money to live anywhere in the world. If I gave one of them my watch, merely my watch, to sell at the second hand store, he could get enough to live and support his family for several months.

You need $3? Well here ya go. Im not going to biatch about it on my fav Forum because...its only $3. I dont have principles over $3. Its small change

I dont even use 20 bahts or 10 or 5 bahts any more, I just toss them in the drawer when I get home. anything below 5 baht belongs to the first vendor or security dude I see.

I know YOU can surely afford it. You tip your caddy more, just for carrying your clubs, not even talking about......

Fair enough ????

16 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

You must have a very big drawer... Don't you never realize that you might insult some people if you give them money your way? 

27 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

I dont even use 20 bahts or 10 or 5 bahts any more,

Thinking about it, 20 Baht notes are the most notes or form of physical money I use here and see piling up in my wallet/hands ... on a daily base ????

They come in very handy ... don't disregard them 5555

And 5 baht coins are good for toilets, when you need one urgently! ????

Edited by RedPill
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Beggar said:

You must have a very big drawer... Don't you never realize that you might insult some people if you give them money your way? 

Ya mean those young security guys working 12 hour days at my condo are insulted when I hand them small change and tell them to go buy Coca Cola? Or my Chao Manao ladies feelings are hurt when at the end of a day or night I hand her 49 baht in coin on a 25 baht drink.

I dont like to offend anyone so I guess I wont give it to them anymore, Ill just drop it in a charity box at a Wat. Thanks for letting me know.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RedPill said:

Thinking about it, 20 Baht notes are the most notes or form of physical money I use here and see piling up in my wallet/hands ... on a daily base ????

They come in very handy ... don't disregard them 5555

And 5 baht coins are good for toilets, when you need one urgently! ????

Oh trust me, when I am out I always manage to have coins in my pocket by the end og the night.

And, beleive it or not, I keep a 10 bahter in my wallet just for those urgent needs. Some places may want a whole ten, although in most areas I frequent its 3.

I find the 20 bahters a great way to save. 99% of the time I never use them. I just use 100s or bigger, and the 20 bahters get folded up and tossed in the drawer to be rubber banded up in 1000 baht lots for those sleepy mornings when Im stoned and waiting for Fox News TV to load. Then when Im super bored, Ill do something with them. Like grab maybe 20 or 30 and go to a GoGo and stick them in every bikini bottom. Its an easy way to make friends. Not like going to a place in Vegas and having to dump 5 spots on the dancers. Or maybe I will just save them all up and put them in the bank before I leave. If I could I would just swipe for everything like I do at home with the exception of weed and hookers.

• Haha 1

Dear oh dear, why do you think the fee is set at 1900.- and not 2000? I am not a rich man but don't begrudge them ฿100, which they sometimes take and sometimes don't. 
I prefer that to Farangs that pay ฿1000 for a 90 days notice as I have observed a few times (last time the officer gave him 500 back).
What the fxxx?

At CW they probably process 400 visa extensions a day.
Do they really deserve 40,000 baht a day?
Get real!

Sent from my SM-C710F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

I've only dealt with 2 immigration offices,  Nakhon Pathom and Ratchaburi.  I have never been asked for extra money.  I have never had to ask for my change back.  Service has always been straightforward and the officers helpful.

13 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

Oh trust me, when I am out I always manage to have coins in my pocket by the end og the night.

And, beleive it or not, I keep a 10 bahter in my wallet just for those urgent needs. Some places may want a whole ten, although in most areas I frequent its 3.

I find the 20 bahters a great way to save. 99% of the time I never use them. I just use 100s or bigger, and the 20 bahters get folded up and tossed in the drawer to be rubber banded up in 1000 baht lots for those sleepy mornings when Im stoned and waiting for Fox News TV to load. Then when Im super bored, Ill do something with them. Like grab maybe 20 or 30 and go to a GoGo and stick them in every bikini bottom. Its an easy way to make friends. Not like going to a place in Vegas and having to dump 5 spots on the dancers. Or maybe I will just save them all up and put them in the bank before I leave. If I could I would just swipe for everything like I do at home with the exception of weed and hookers.

lol ... yes, that's true. I also believe, Money Management is everything ????

15 hours ago, chickenslegs said:

Me - 14 extensions at Jomtien. Maybe a couple of times I gave the exact amount but mostly I gave 2 x 1,000THB notes.

I have always been given my correct change and a receipt, together with my passport when it is returned to me.

Same goes for re-entry permit.

Likewise. Years ago I read somewhere that you should bring the exact amount, so I always have Baht 1900 exactly.  No officer at Jomtien has asked for more or even acted as if more would be expected/appreciated. Just a quick glance at the notes to check they add up to 1900 and that was it. And watching the people before me the queue, many were handed back change ( presumably B100 from B 2000) without hesitation.

Similarly no charge for stamps in new passport.

36 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

whats that mean Me speak nitnoy Thai, 

Stingy farang. You really should learn to speak more Thai, I've found it enhances female co-operation. Khun na rak always goes down well.

10 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Stingy farang. You really should learn to speak more Thai, I've found it enhances female co-operation. Khun na rak always goes down well.

Thai doesnt work good in my mouth, its too wierd of a language, like Aussie English.

I never get called cheap charlie. Kwai and pumpwii but never keeno.

I dont need to speak Thai to make it with the ladies. My loaded wallet translates.

Edited by Nyezhov
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Nyezhov said:

Thai doesnt work good in my mouth, its too wierd of a language, like Aussie English.

I never get called cheap charlie. Kwai and pumpwii but never keeno.

I dont need to speak Thai to make it with the ladies. My loaded wallet translates.

I'm shocked. You mean your charisma, good looks and intelligence have no effect?

Aussie English can be comprehended by most other nationalities, unless we take refuge in our argot. American English, spoken through the nose, is more problematical for many.

Possibly you get uan as well as pumpwii.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, RedPill said:

Well, common sense or not, there is not much to argue against this ... ????

There is something of a contradiction between his loaded wallet, and his posted preference of assignations behind dumpsters.