Visa is 1900, not 2000 baht

Just now, Lacessit said:

There is something of a contradiction between his loaded wallet, and his posted preference of assignations behind dumpsters.

But only if you take it all too serious, and not as small talk  ????

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

There is something of a contradiction between his loaded wallet, and his posted preference of assignations behind dumpsters.

Absolutly not. Its the Nietchzeian dichotomy of Sexuality, the contrast of Romance and degredation, money and poverty....not even counting the warped aspects of my own depraved and ....shall we say it...ok we shall...probably abnormal psychology...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/9/2019 at 1:56 AM, chickenslegs said:

Me - 14 extensions at Jomtien. Maybe a couple of times I gave the exact amount but mostly I gave 2 x 1,000THB notes.

I have always been given my correct change and a receipt, together with my passport when it is returned to me.

Same goes for re-entry permit.

Also, at Jomtien, never been charged for transferring stamps into a new passport, or for residency papers (for driving licence, etc.).

Twice, in 14 years, I missed my 90-day reports by a few days. Once I was excused with no fine, the other time I paid (IIRC) 1,000THB fine and got a receipt.

I submitted a TM 30 in 2005 and never been asked for one since then, despite leaving thailand at least once each year (yes, it's over 1 year since I last left Thailand so I may be in breach of the new regulations when I go for my extension later this month).

When I read about the problems experienced at other Immi offices around the Kingdom I feel fortunate to be using Jomtien.

Regarding the OP question. No, never done it - but, honestly, for 100THB I would just take the easy option and let it go.

I have always gotten a receipt for my extensions,the 1900 baht at Jomtien Immigration. But I have, and others,too paid 300 baht for the Certificate of Residence. I don't have a clue if that's an official price or not. 

23 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

I have always gotten a receipt for my extensions,the 1900 baht at Jomtien Immigration. But I have, and others,too paid 300 baht for the Certificate of Residence. I don't have a clue if that's an official price or not. 

It's a long time since I needed one (I use my yellow book now). As I recall, there was no charge, maybe there's been a change.

This year 2019 is different.  I have been giving 2000 Baht to pay for retirement extension since 2004.  I have always been given my 100 baht change back which I took.  Same with multiple reentry desk (200  baht).

This year was different in both places.  Agents took the change and threw it

into a drawer without comment.  I said nothing.    Just observed.

I suggest taking the EXACT CHANGE if you don't want to leave a "tip".