Dressed for success

parafareno

Why don’t you tell us what kind of job, everything you suggest sounds inappropriate to me.

There are nice pants in the world that are not part of a suit, that are not jeans and not sweat pants either.  You can dress them up or down as you like.  

Also, will you be interviewing with Thais, or with what ...the culture of the people might matter?  

2 hours ago, parafareno said:

I guess I will have to go to china town where I will be raped with suit offer from Indian boys again...and try to get some cheap deal....then added a fake rolex and I am good to go

You asked for opinions , keep going on about heat, but talk about wearing jeans, much hotter than a pair of tailored suit trousers, especially if the suit trousers are half lined. 

Some good quality tailors around BKK. 

• Like 1

Get a good pair of light "linen" pants, something a drug dude from Miami Florida would wear.  They are light weight and breath and are soft and comfortable.  A polo shirt and a sports jacket would be a happy medium.  Frankly I hate to see Asians dress up in western style suits, especially in hot and humid weather.  I would have no problem at all if they wore more traditional regional clothing.  Now maybe not show up in simple Thai fisherman pants.

Go with most expensive Italian suit you can afford.  However throw a curve ball in by wearing flipflops or better yet crocs.  This will destabilize your opponents thinking and allow you to negotiate a better deal.  Right out of Sun Tzu,

“Be extremely subtle, even to the point of formlessness. Be extremely mysterious, even to the point of soundlessness. Thereby you can be the director of the opponent’s fate.”― Sun Tzu

• Thanks 1

I frequently have business meetings in Bangkok. I usually wear shoes, suit trousers and a long sleeved shirt. No tie and no jacket. That's for a formal meeting.

For less formal meetings you can get away with a short sleeved shirt and jeans.

Site meetings can be jeans and a smart polo neck neck t shirt.

The foreign people I see wearing jackets and ties tend to look very uncomfortable. They also look like it's their first time doing business.

Jackets and ties are for board meetings, formal company photographs, etc

• Like 1

18 hours ago, parafareno said:

yes the meeting is with falangs.....not thai....and it is outside...so I will burn from the heat.....I will go with jeans and white short sleeve shirt and nike.....

Jean are so hot, dress trousers, lighter and breathable materials

• Like 1

18 hours ago, parafareno said:

the meeting is with falangs.....not thai....and it is outside...so I will burn from the heat.....

Than why not  at the swimming pool's bar of a hotel. 

All kind of casual would be considered as common there.