White House says it will refuse to cooperate with impeachment inquiry

webfact

1 minute ago, Sujo said:

Why? Dont u want an investigation to see if the president is a corrupt traitor? 

Wouldnt you want to know he is a fine upstandng man?

I do! I want a fair investigation that involves the whole House as prescribed by the constitution. Don't you?

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, rabas said:

I do! I want a fair investigation that involves the whole House as prescribed by the constitution. Don't you?

It will be. Once the investigation is complete and articles of impeachment considered by the whole house.

When this gets to the senate im sure you will be just as strong in your opinion to have the dems given more involvement. In fairness of course.

5 minutes ago, Sujo said:

Why? Dont u want an investigation to see if the president is a corrupt traitor? 

Wouldnt you want to know he is a fine upstandng man?

Pretty well done with the Democrat fake investigations. Had three years of them. I am quite happy to watch Trump do what ever he wants to fight back. There is nothing right or wrong anymore that I can see just a never ending political war. The Democrats know they will lose in 2020 and are quite willing to take the country down with them. Just utter scum.

1 minute ago, Sujo said:

Read the first paragraph. She already has the power so no vote needed.

In previous proceedings there was no such power so a vote was needed.

Thats why no vote is needed.

Read both paragraphs. All paragraphs apply, not just the one you like. CNN is tricking your mind.  This is like saying Nancy has the passcode to your front door so she can come in without asking. It does not mean she has your permission. Apples and peaches.

She has the power to subpoena. That change was in the last Republican controlled house (according to CNN) and thus unrelated to impeachment. It does however make muckraking a partisan impeachment show easier. I.e., she now has no problem breaking into your home. No need to ask. But she should.

From the.article.     In addition, Pelosi doesn't need the House vote authorizing an inquiry because her caucus already has extra legal authority compared to past inquiries.   During the Clinton and Nixon impeachment inquiries, the House passed their inquiry resolutions so they could gain tools like more subpoena power and depositions, and included in those resolutions were nods to bipartisanship that gave the minority party subpoena power, too.
Exactly but 45 fans choose believe the cynical blatant lies of the one who describes himself as having infinite wisdom.

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Democrat dirty laundry is coming out impeachment or not.
Sure as usual on 45 bubble conspiracy websites. Meanwhile in the facts based world a president is in the process of being impeached based on constitutionally based powers of congress. 45's own actions have made this inevitable.

Sorry that (the article) refers to a more recent rule change about subpoena powers, not the vote to initiate impeachment proceedings. In common parlance partisan muckraking becomes easier but no less so.
Uh huh. Well you can bring a horse to water but then it's up to him.

41 minutes ago, chokrai said:

Pretty well done with the Democrat fake investigations.

This has worn so thin, been debunked so many times, yet Trump supporters keep dragging this lie out. Mueller was quite clear, black and white - no grey, that the ONLY reason he didn't indict Trump was because of the opinion of the Trump-appointed Chief Justice that a sitting president can't be indicted. There is a MOUNTAIN of indictments waiting for him the instant his presidency is over.

52 minutes ago, chokrai said:

Pretty well done with the Democrat fake investigations. Had three years of them. I am quite happy to watch Trump do what ever he wants to fight back. There is nothing right or wrong anymore that I can see just a never ending political war. The Democrats know they will lose in 2020 and are quite willing to take the country down with them. Just utter scum.

Well, well, well whaddaya know! There seems to be a few TVF posters with massive amounts of egg on their faces:clap2:

Link: G.O.P.-Led Senate Panel Affirms Russia Attacked Election, and Urges Action

Link: Senate Intel's newest Russia report undermines pro-Trump conspiracy theories

Trump has good reason to refuse. He is more guilty of collusion with Ukraine, than Al Capone was guilty of tax evasion. The crime lord is going down. This is nearing the end. I predict he will resign within 6 months. More and more Republicans are going to start defecting. Their survival instincts will kick in, if nothing else. It will certainly not have anything to do with integrity. He may be left alone. Perhaps the same treatment Trump has shown people who have outlived their usefulness, will apply to Don Donald in the end. And the beautiful aspect of all this, is that he will return to a broken empire, nearly bankrupt, and a thoroughly broken man.

Then he will have to face the wrath of the SDNY. He could end up in prison, after all. Hooray. Perhaps there is some justice in the universe, after all. 

Amazing how the republicans screamed to follow the law, appear for subpoenas etc etc back in the Clinton and Obama years. Now, complete opposite. With Trent Gowdy now in the Trump team (the biggest backer of not ignoring congressional subpoenas) what will Trump do now?

3 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Trump has good reason to refuse. He is more guilty of collusion with Ukraine, than Al Capone was guilty of tax evasion. The crime lord is going down. This is nearing the end. I predict he will resign within 6 months. 

Amen! And you're not alone in predicting that:

Link: Former Trump Organization executive says she expects Trump will resign

1 minute ago, Somtamnication said:

Amazing how the republicans screamed to follow the law, appear for subpoenas etc etc back in the Clinton and Obama years. Now, complete opposite. With Trent Gowdy now in the Trump team (the biggest backer of not ignoring congressional subpoenas) what will Trump do now?

Didn't William Barr put Chelsea Manning in jail for ignoring a subpoena?

1 hour ago, rabas said:

Well well you have look back at 2015 when the Republicans has the majority of the 2 houses and they changed the rules to make them riding roughshod over the minority Dem by giving themselves subpoena powers. Rather than involving members of the Dem minority in the process at all, they simply authorized their own committee chairs to unilaterally issue subpoenas to anyone they wished. Now when the tide is turned, they like you are whining and bitching about giving them a fair voice. Cry me a river. 

4 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

whowww what a surprise !!!!   but they have nothing to hide hmmmmm

And for those who believe that I have several big, beautiful bridges for sale deep in the Mojave desert that Mexico has paid for.

1 hour ago, chokrai said:

So impeach him already.

What’s the rush, Schiff and Pelosi have both stated publicly that they have tasked each of several Congressional Committees to review the evidence they have for grounds of ‘articles of impeachment’.

So not all the articles of impeachment are in yet added to which Congress is still awaiting court rulings on witnesses who have refused to cooperate with Congressional subpoenas.

And all the while public support for impeachment is rising:

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-kpolitics/2019/10/8/20904953/impeachment-poll-today-civiqs-post-schar-trump-impeachment-inquiry

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/10/08/majority-supports-trump-impeachment-inquiry-nbcwsj-poll.html

https://theweek.com/speedreads/870332/brutal-new-poll-shows-3-10-republicans-support-trump-impeachment-push

The longer this goes on the worse it is for Trump and the GOP.

Trump needs to stop his habit of cowardly hiding and start cooperating.

Hiding from Congress reveals the coward he is and raises legitimate questions of why and what he’s hiding .

2 hours ago, chokrai said:

So impeach him already.

So now your against due process?

surely any sane person should support an investigation before impeachment.... an investigation before bringing a person to trial.... an investigation which is now in progress, such that there can be a trial. 

I mean, really? How often do courts sit and make judgement without an investigation... never, right?

10 minutes ago, natway09 said:

To put it in plain terms the US of A is so divided that even a civil war is possible 

& I blame Trump for this huge division

Rubbish!

right wing wackos sending pipe bombs, sure, but a civil war... lmao

There have been 3 prior instances where Presidents have been impeached.  Andrew Johnson, Richard Nixon and Bill Clinton.  In each of those instances the House voted to conduct an impeachment inquiry.  The Democrats refuse to vote on impeachment results in only the Democrats having the power to call witnesses, and present documentation.  It is a deliberate political ploy to get the media to cover the story that Trump is impeached  though it is not an impeachment proceeding.  The telephone call between Trump and Ukraine has already had the transcript released and the Department of Justice has already ruled that what was communicated was not a quid pro quo using the presidency to persecute a potential presidential contender.  Contrast Trumps telephone conversation to what the Democrats sent to Ukraine.  Who was exerting pressure on Ukraine to dig up dirt on a political opponent. 

download (2).jpg

5 minutes ago, Thomas J said:

There have been 3 prior instances where Presidents have been impeached.  Andrew Johnson, Richard Nixon and Bill Clinton.  In each of those instances the House voted to conduct an impeachment inquiry.  The Democrats refuse to vote on impeachment results in only the Democrats having the power to call witnesses, and present documentation.  It is a deliberate political ploy to get the media to cover the story that Trump is impeached  though it is not an impeachment proceeding.  The telephone call between Trump and Ukraine has already had the transcript released and the Department of Justice has already ruled that what was communicated was not a quid pro quo using the presidency to persecute a potential presidential contender.  Contrast Trumps telephone conversation to what the Democrats sent to Ukraine.  Who was exerting pressure on Ukraine to dig up dirt on a political opponent. 

download (2).jpg

No the transcript has not been released. Only a part of it. There are other things being investigated.

the dems requested info for an official investigation. Trump did not.

The impeachment rules were changed by republicans which allows the dems to do it this way

9 hours ago, Samui Bodoh said:

It is truly stunning to see the continual breaking of Democratic norms occurring in plain sight.

I agree. That the Dems have ignored all precedents set by the previous impeachment proceedings in the House is absolutely a disgrace.  All previous impeachment proceedings required a vote and the setting of the articles of impeachment.  This includes putting forward the evidence and timeframes and a framework for the investigations.  This is required to allow both the opposing Party to participate in the committee hearings and the POTUS to defend themselves. That the Demms have refused to vote or set the articles is an abolute disgrace and an insult to the Republic.  The White House and the GOP are rightly refusing to cooperate with a 'kangaroo court' witch hunt. 

2 minutes ago, AussieBob18 said:

I agree. That the Dems have ignored all precedents set by the previous impeachment proceedings in the House is absolutely a disgrace.  All previous impeachment proceedings required a vote and the setting of the articles of impeachment.  This includes putting forward the evidence and timeframes and a framework for the investigations.  This is required to allow both the opposing Party to participate in the committee hearings and the POTUS to defend themselves. That the Demms have refused to vote or set the articles is an abolute disgrace and an insult to the Republic.  The White House and the GOP are rightly refusing to cooperate with a 'kangaroo court' witch hunt. 

the republicans changed the rules, which is the disgrace... reap what you sow

4 minutes ago, AussieBob18 said:

The Dems are in the process of setting the articles.

Trump is on cowardly hiding.

26 minutes ago, Thomas J said:

download (2).jpg

Wrong. In the case of Nixon, the first resolution was voted 3 months after the House judiciary committee started its investigation.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Impeachment_process_against_Richard_Nixon

Clinton's case is a bit different, as there had been already an extensive official investigation before the vote, so there was no need to investigate more.

Archived