Video: Family seek justice from director after 10 year old is severely burned at school in Kalasin

webfact

Video: Family seek justice from director after 10 year old is severely burned at school in Kalasin

8pm.jpg

The director of a school in Kalasin forced a young boy to carry molten asphalt to repair a road in the school, a family has claimed.

The ten year old carried the asphalt in a cut off container but it spilled onto his arm and hand leaving him with horrific injuries. 

He still faces the possibility of being permanently handicapped by what happened.

The director - now retired - has refused to accept responsibility for the incident. 

Now the family of Sorawit or Ton Nao have appealed to the Damrongdhama watchdog for justice in the case. 

They are a poor family and want compensation for what happened to the child. 

A video on TNA showed a reconstruction of the incident at Nongphokwittayayon School in Don Jan district of Kalasin in Thailand's north east. 

Mother Anong, 41, said her son, now on school holidays, was made to carry the asphalt by the director on July 24th. They were repairing cracks.

She showed a cub scout uniform still stained with the sticky substance.

Efforts to seek compensation failed and the director has now retired. 

Source: TNA/MCOT

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-10-09

If the director told him to do it then he and the school are responsible. His retirement shouldn't come into it. All schools should have a duty to protect their students against any foreseeable danger, not put them directly in harms way. 

43 minutes ago, webfact said:

The director - now retired - has refused to accept responsibility for the incident. 

Typical trait of every male in this country....The entire culture needs an adjustment!

The Director,a supposedly educated man,got the kid to

carry molten asphalt....then takes no responsibility when

a horrific accident occurs,he should be sued by the boys

parents, but the family been poor don't have the funds

to do that,and the Director knows that,which is why he

is not bothered.hope someone comes forward with funds

for the family to get the A/h into court.

regards Worgeordie

3 hours ago, Dmaxdan said:

If the director told him to do it then he and the school are responsible. His retirement shouldn't come into it. All schools should have a duty to protect their students against any foreseeable danger, not put them directly in harms way. 

In fact the director should not have been using any students (any age) to do this work, the director should have engaged adult labour staff (use the kids, no costs, more money left in the available trough).

3 hours ago, worgeordie said:

regards Worgeordie

And why no mention / comment from the police? And why no comment from a senior person in education? 

4 hours ago, bluesofa said:

That just about sums it up. In charge of a school, but not responsible when he directly causes an accident.

Is anyone here ever responsible and accountable for anything, ever?

Mrs BB let her sticky rice steamer burn today. All the water had boiled out. Too busy gabbing on the phone. When asked she claimed the "gas was too powerful today".

And she's a teacher with M.Ed and B.Ed degrees!

Face trumps everything. And ludicrous lengths are gone to to protect it, in their mind!

4 hours ago, worgeordie said:

regards Worgeordie

Wonder if the Paweena Foundation for Women n Children will help? 

1 hour ago, Con Peoples Fund said:

Wonder if the Paweena Foundation for Women n Children will help? 

Very good point however I suspect Khun Paneva doesn't search for situations like this but she does react strongly and quickly when she's alerted to such incidents. And to her credit the senior police listen to her (in fact I suspect the police are frightened of her). 

So why haven't the police come forward to investigate an act of this nature.. a lot is wrong in this country... the school refuses to take responsibility, the director has no morals & is now retired (which makes no difference) and the school education board is as ever very silent ?

7 hours ago, PatOngo said:

Typical trait of every male in this country....The entire culture needs an adjustment!

The Thai way is to blame everything on fate. It was meant to happen, the victim must have done something bad in a previous life (often the Thai attitude towards invalids). That way, no-one is to blame for anything, ever. The best cop-out possible.

1 hour ago, scorecard said:

Very good point however I suspect Khun Paneva doesn't search for situations like this but she does react strongly and quickly when she's alerted to such incidents. And to her credit the senior police listen to her (in fact I suspect the police are frightened of her). 

Why are they frightened of an apparent blind woman?

I say that because when she visited Pattaya nearly twenty years ago, she "saw no evidence of prostitution".

So 10 year old kids have to repair a road at school.
Wonder if this is part of their school education ...
Director is pissing off instead of showing responsibility. Why I am not surprised about ?
The family is asking for compensation of which the poor young boy will not see a single bath anyway.

NICE !
I hope young man, you will recover quite well without being handicapped and in pain for the rest of your life.

22 minutes ago, 0815 said:

So 10 year old kids have to repair a road at school.
Wonder if this is part of their school education ...
Director is pissing off instead of showing responsibility. Why I am not surprised about ?
The family is asking for compensation of which the poor young boy will not see a single bath anyway.

NICE !
I hope young man, you will recover quite well without being handicapped and in pain for the rest of your life.

Yes, I hope the boy recovers too...not only in body but in mind also. A school director, someone who the boy probably looked up to. I hope he doesn't grow up feeling the same way about youngsters as the director obviously does. Very sad.

8 hours ago, worgeordie said:

regards Worgeordie

If every TV subscriber contributes 10baht, what would that add up to..?

8 hours ago, Dmaxdan said:

You are of course correct but what's worse, look at the supposed re-enactment. The child is carrying the container over his shoulder with the spout in the horizontal position allowing for a spill if the cap was either not on the container, loose or came off. Surely lack of supervision is at fault here....He's 10!!!

8 minutes ago, armadillo215 said:

You are of course correct but what's worse, look at the supposed re-enactment. The child is carrying the container over his shoulder with the spout in the horizontal position allowing for a spill if the cap was either not on the container, loose or came off. Surely lack of supervision is at fault here....He's 10!!!

Why baffled me was a thin-ish plastic container with molten asphalt. I'm no expert, but would have thought the asphalt would melt the container?

Archived