1.7 million Chinese tourists visit Kingdom in 8 months, up 33 pct

geovalin

PHNOM PENH (Xinhua) – Cambodia attracted 1.7 million Chinese tourists during the first eight months of 2019, up 33 percent over the same period last year, said the Tourism Ministry’s latest report.

The report showed that China remained the largest source of foreign visitors to the Southeast Asian nation, accounting for 39 percent of the total foreign arrivals to the country during the January-August period this year. Cambodian Tourism Minister Thong Khon has said that China is a huge market for Cambodia’s tourism industry.

“We hope to attract about 2.6 million Chinese tourists in 2019, 3 million in 2020, 5 million in 2025 and up to 8 million in 2030,” he said. According to the report, a total of 4.36 million international tourists travelled to Cambodia during the first eight months of this year, up 10.4 percent over the same period last year. Tourism is one of the four sectors supporting the country’s economy.

read more https://www.khmertimeskh.com/50649196/1-7-million-chinese-tourists-visit-kingdom-in-8-months-up-33-pct/

This can't be correct ….  the usual TV farang keep telling everyone that tourism in Thailand and Cambodia is going down.

That no one is coming here or Cambodia anymore and all the farang are leaving because of the TM30 ….  LOL  ????

7 minutes ago, steven100 said:

This can't be correct ….  the usual TV farang keep telling everyone that tourism is going down.

That no one is coming anymore and all the farang are leaving because of the TM30 ….  LOL  ????

It does refer Cambodia?

8 minutes ago, steven100 said:

This can't be correct ….  the usual TV farang keep telling everyone that tourism is going down.

That no one is coming anymore and all the farang are leaving because of the TM30 ….  LOL  ????

This is the Cambodia forum....

Read it and weep Thailand, never mind, I'm sticking my usual 500,000bt a year into you, for now anyway. Won't miss that, will you? A drop in the ocean. Well, apart from a few soi dogs, my teerak, the credit company supporting her rather impecunious purchase of a pick-up, and numerous local traders and neighbours. Why I stay here is beyond me. I'm just lazy. There will reach a tipping point though - not quite there yet, but getting close.

Archived