Jump to content

Drunk Chinese tourist shoots girlfriend dead after playing with Thai VP's gun


webfact

Recommended Posts

Drunk Chinese tourist shoots girlfriend dead after playing with Thai VP's gun
 
2pm1.jpg
Picture: Daily News
 
The vice president of the Thai-Chinese trade and industry association told how he had taken a Chinese couple home after a party. 
 
While he had stopped to urinate by the side of the road he heard a shot ring out. 
 
He returned to the vehicle to find that a very drunk Chinese man called Seng W. had shot his girlfriend San A., 23, in the chest with a 9 mm gun. The bullet exited through her back.
 
He had taken the liberty of playing with the weapon which was kept in a compartment on the second row of seats in the vehicle, said Wichai Manekitikun, 44, the owner of the gun. 
 
Wichai said that he had been with the couple at the Ping sharkfin soup restaurant in a hotel in the Pathumwan area of central Bangkok. 
 
He offered to take the couple home to a condo in the Rama 3 area. When he reached Soi 43 he got out to urinate in some bushes. 
 
Rushing back to the vehicle he saw a large amount of blood and rushed the injured woman to Nakhon Thon hospital. 
 
She died there later. 
 
When Tha Kham police arrived they found Seng in floods of tears outside the emergency room. An interpreter was called from the Chinese embassy. Seng was very drunk, reported Daily News. 
 
Bang Pong Pang police are investigating as the shooting happened in their jurisdiction. 
 
The weapon was reportedly legally owned and licenced. 
 
Source: Daily News
 
 
thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-10-09
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Before commenting on this topic, please consider the subject matter and be respectful that someone has died.
Any off topic and/or insensitive posts will be removed without warning and could result in those who made the posts being banned from the site. 

 

/Admin

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, holy cow cm said:

You need to know how to handle a weapon. They are not toys and should not be touched if not yours.. Play with a gun and it will backfire on you. Sorry to hear this time it did exactly that. 

 

Not just that but the Thai Police are trained to keep their weapons loaded (or at least I'm told that), which lends to catastrophic consequences should an untrained person pick up the gun (it should still have a safety). 

 

 

Back story on the above: A number of years back holidaying with Thai friends, 4 of us were drinking late back in a friends room my friend had a 'gun' in his small satchel (bag). I asked to take a look but he said no, because it was loaded. A discussion then ensued about why he would keep his gun loaded, even when he was off duty, I explained that I thought it would be safer to keep the chamber empty, and the cartridge / clip removed. All of my friends were quite adamant that that was riskier for them because when they need a gun they don't have time to load it etc, I was told this is the way they were trained (they all went to Military College and now hold the rank of Pol. Colonel).

 

Thus: I suspect this tragedy could have easily been avoided had the most basic of gun safety standards we would follow in the west have been followed here. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

the gun owner should have had the weapon secured, while the drunk acted foolishly the owner is really the one at fault, the poor girl didnt deserve to die this way at the hands of an ignorant drunk, if the weapon had been secured properly in the first place  it would not have happened.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

 

Not just that but the Thai Police are trained to keep their weapons loaded (or at least I'm told that), which lends to catastrophic consequences should an untrained person pick up the gun (it should still have a safety). 

 

 

Back story on the above: A number of years back holidaying with Thai friends, 4 of us were drinking late back in a friends room my friend had a 'gun' in his small satchel (bag). I asked to take a look but he said no, because it was loaded. A discussion then ensued about why he would keep his gun loaded, even when he was off duty, I explained that I thought it would be safer to keep the chamber empty, and the cartridge / clip removed. All of my friends were quite adamant that that was riskier for them because when they need a gun they don't have time to load it etc, I was told this is the way they were trained (they all went to Military College and now hold the rank of Pol. Colonel).

 

Thus: I suspect this tragedy could have easily been avoided had the most basic of gun safety standards we would follow in the west have been followed here. 

Good story.

Yeah who knows. Years ago an off duty cop in a bar who was friends with let me hold and look at his loaded 9mm. But I have gun training and knew better, but honestly it was not a wise decision of him to pull it out and let me see. He actually wanted to sell me one. That is eons ago. 

 

For the gun having a loaded magazine in it, no problem as long as the chamber is empty and the safety is on, and best to be in a holster. But who knows, and who knows what the drunk China man did. Judging by Chinese being foregoing pushy characters, he probably initiated all the action and wrong moves of the weapon and the innocent girl paid the price with her life.. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

So many things are so wrong with this story, Shark Fin soup, urinating in public, a gun in a car unsecured, people playing with guns, sad loss of an innocent life who was a victim of unfortunate and careless circumstances at the wrong time and with the wrong people...

Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, webfact said:
While he had stopped to urinate by the side of the road he heard a shot ring out. 
 
He returned to the vehicle to find that a very drunk Chinese man called Seng W. had shot his girlfriend San A., 23

hmmmmm  …..  I have to question the events that took place.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ezzra said:

So many things are so wrong with this story, Shark Fin soup, urinating in public, a gun in a car unsecured, people playing with guns, sad loss of an innocent life who was a victim of unfortunate and careless circumstances at the wrong time and with the wrong people...

Exactly. plenty of petrol/gas stations in Bangkok to stop off for a pee. Only a very uncultured "ban nok" person finds the need to urinate in some bushes in Bangkok, especially at 3am, when there is hardly any traffic and you can drive down sukhumvit road at 120km/h.

Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, seajae said:

the gun owner should have had the weapon secured

Is it legal (even if had a license for it) to have the gun loaded in public?  Then again, he was vice president of the Thai-Chinese trade and industry association. Perhaps other rules for the 'influential' people

Link to post
Share on other sites

I've had to rewrite this post 5 times before posting bearing in mind the warning and whats left is below

"What sort of individual decides he's going to urinate in bushes doubtless drink driving himself and leaves a loaded gun in a glove box"......further words superfluous

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...