Drunk Chinese tourist shoots girlfriend dead after playing with Thai VP's gun

webfact

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, ezzra said:

So many things are so wrong with this story, Shark Fin soup, urinating in public, a gun in a car unsecured, people playing with guns, sad loss of an innocent life who was a victim of unfortunate and careless circumstances at the wrong time and with the wrong people...

Lets included drunk driving.

1 minute ago, richard_smith237 said:

I dunno... say, just incase someone picks it up and accidentally kills their girlfriend... ????

Why would someone have access to your loaded gun?  You people don't ask the right questions.

4 hours ago, holy cow cm said:

You need to know how to handle a weapon. They are not toys and should not be touched if not yours.. Play with a gun and it will backfire on you. Sorry to hear this time it did exactly that. 

It's the responsibility of the Gun owner to put it in a place non accessible by anybody else !!!

It seems the loaded pistol had one up the spout in case the "owner" had someone cut him up on the road. I reckon the "owner" even bragged about the pistol, as I doubt tipsy folk would go rummaging down seat pockets...????

The "owner" should be dragged over the coals...

3 hours ago, Chivas said:

I've had to rewrite this post 5 times before posting bearing in mind the warning and whats left is below

"What sort of individual decides he's going to urinate in bushes doubtless drink driving himself and leaves a loaded gun in a glove box"......further words superfluous

"What sort of individual .... ?"

The sort who makes sure everyone knows he's the VP of the Thai Chamber of Trade.

Strange how that's the first piece of information provided in this tragic tale.

Basic safety is hammer down on empty chamber, no matter the weapon..

There is NO legitimate call for 'a chambered round for an officers safety.' 

He, or others, can be injured just drawing the weapon in this situation. 

And automatice you can load in a second.

With a revolver just a pull to cock-it should rotate a round to fire.

This is just bad, bad, bad gun safety.

4 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Not just that but the Thai Police are trained to keep their weapons loaded (or at least I'm told that), which lends to catastrophic consequences should an untrained person pick up the gun (it should still have a safety). 

Back story on the above: A number of years back holidaying with Thai friends, 4 of us were drinking late back in a friends room my friend had a 'gun' in his small satchel (bag). I asked to take a look but he said no, because it was loaded. A discussion then ensued about why he would keep his gun loaded, even when he was off duty, I explained that I thought it would be safer to keep the chamber empty, and the cartridge / clip removed. All of my friends were quite adamant that that was riskier for them because when they need a gun they don't have time to load it etc, I was told this is the way they were trained (they all went to Military College and now hold the rank of Pol. Colonel).

Thus: I suspect this tragedy could have easily been avoided had the most basic of gun safety standards we would follow in the west have been followed here. 

Do you know what a “clip” is? 

How about a “magazine”? 

1 hour ago, lust said:

All police keep a round in the chamber.

In a semi-auto pistol, have the magazine loaded. Sure. But apparently in this case it appears the was a round also in the chamber all ready to go. That’s my guess. 

The chamber should not have had a round in it. 

I never had a round up the spout in my guns. 

No reason for that. It doesn’t take all day to rack the slide to chamber a round if you suddenly have need to use your weapon in self defense.

5 hours ago, holy cow cm said:

You need to know how to handle a weapon. They are not toys and should not be touched if not yours.. Play with a gun and it will backfire on you. Sorry to hear this time it did exactly that. 

Best not handled when roaring drunk either.  Seems like a recipe for disaster, poor girl.

4 hours ago, Chivas said:

I've had to rewrite this post 5 times before posting bearing in mind the warning and whats left is below

"What sort of individual decides he's going to urinate in bushes doubtless drink driving himself and leaves a loaded gun in a glove box"......further words superfluous

A Darwin Award roulette individual?

RIP lady.

Archived