Drunk Chinese tourist shoots girlfriend dead after playing with Thai VP's gun

webfact

45 minutes ago, overherebc said:

I don't suppose that either because I wasn't there.

But I do know a guy, a senior expat manager, who made an extremely bad taste comment to girl in the office and he didn't know who her father was. He was on a plane home two days later.

Be careful out there.

My point exactly.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It doesn't appear to specify the make and model of the weapon, so judgement as to any safety features are superfluous. A weapon with a loaded magazine, and the magazine loaded to the weapon still normally needs the slide racking. Perhaps in this case there was a round chambered. I don't know. There are some pistols that have no safety feature after the round is chambered, thereafter the trigger just needs to be pulled. I am assured that the US Secret Service holster their service weapons loaded and safeties off. 

Suffice to say, the owner of the weapon probably did not intend the drunk to find it and play with it and the drunk probably didn't realise it was loaded. Such a sad outcome.

3 hours ago, overherebc said:

One of my mates in the unit got a 'clip' on the ear from the instructor for calling his magazine that. ????????

Yeah....a lot of people don’t know the difference. I always laugh when I hear people even on the news or in the movies who don’t know the difference,...and call a magazine a clip. 

No wonder the instructor gave that guy in your unit a ‘clip’ on the ear for calling his magazine a clip. ????????5555????????

2 minutes ago, Catoni said:

Yeah....a lot of people don’t know the difference. I always laugh when I hear people even on the news or in the movies who don’t know the difference calling a magazine a clip. 

No wonder the instructor gave that guy in your unit a ‘clip’ on the ear for calling his magazine a clip. ????????5555????????

I admit I get a bit pedantic on these things.

Things like a 'Gun' has wheels etc.

And someone hold his SLR one handed over his head and the other hand holding his willie shouting this is my rifle this is my gun this ones for shooting this ones for fun.  Way before the movie and before UK basic training came under the PC <deleted>.

9 hours ago, ezzra said:

So many things are so wrong with this story, Shark Fin soup, urinating in public, a gun in a car unsecured, people playing with guns, sad loss of an innocent life who was a victim of unfortunate and careless circumstances at the wrong time and with the wrong people...

So many things are so wrong with this story.  Yep totally agree. You forgot to mention "vice president of the Thai-Chinese trade and industry association" who appears to be Wichai Manekitikun, aged 44.

Pure speculation but was Wichai too eager to please the couple as part of his role as VP, or was he too eager to be pleased by the poor unfortunate 23 year old which may have sparked some jealousy from Seng W of who there seems to be very little reported on. 

"He offered to take the couple home to a condo in the Rama 3 area"? You would assume VP Wichai was entertaining some Chinese dignitary based on Wichai's title and it is rather unusual that they would need to be taken to a Condo. One would assume they were already staying a decent hotel being of such status. It would be interesting to learn more about this Seng W character. Hopefully the truth is sort and appropriate action taken for the loss of an unfortunate young life. Many similar stories like this already in Cambodia where Chinese are slowly taking over places such as Sihanoukville and getting swept under the carpet .

7 minutes ago, b2bme said:

So many things are so wrong with this story.  Yep totally agree. You forgot to mention "vice president of the Thai-Chinese trade and industry association" who appears to be Wichai Manekitikun, aged 44.

Pure speculation but was Wichai too eager to please the couple as part of his role as VP, or was he too eager to be pleased by the poor unfortunate 23 year old which may have sparked some jealousy from Seng W of who there seems to be very little reported on. 

"He offered to take the couple home to a condo in the Rama 3 area"? You would assume VP Wichai was entertaining some Chinese dignitary based on Wichai's title and it is rather unusual that they would need to be taken to a Condo. One would assume they were already staying a decent hotel being of such status. It would be interesting to learn more about this Seng W character. Hopefully the truth is sort and appropriate action taken for the loss of an unfortunate young life. Many similar stories like this already in Cambodia where Chinese are slowly taking over places such as Sihanoukville and getting swept under the carpet .

You may have missed a few more speculative points there. Think for a bit and add some more wild ideas.

9 hours ago, drbeach said:

Exactly. plenty of petrol/gas stations in Bangkok to stop off for a pee. Only a very uncultured "ban nok" person finds the need to urinate in some bushes in Bangkok, especially at 3am, when there is hardly any traffic and you can drive down sukhumvit road at 120km/h.

You can safely bet big money there was no cttv camera in that location. 

19 minutes ago, Gandtee said:

Not so wild maybe.

OK. How about a drunk digging around in someone elses car, which he shouldn't have been doing anyway, finds a pistol and being <drunk> manages to pull the trigger and shoots his wife dead. Forget all the should it have had one up the spout blah blah.

Better result would have been him shooting himself.

11 hours ago, webfact said:

Before commenting on this topic, please consider the subject matter and be respectful that someone has died.
Any off topic and/or insensitive posts will be removed without warning and could result in those who made the posts being banned from the site. 

/Admin

I pity the poor sharks who died just for their fins. Som nam na. 

1. Don't urinate in bushes with drunk Chinese in the car

2. Why don't you lock your firearm securely? Irresponsible!

3. The only place where you should take Chinese is to the country's border.

4. You will be surprised to hear that Chinese government will hold you responsible and will demand money from Thailand for death of one of their own citizens.

11 hours ago, from the home of CC said:

take the drug alcohol out of the equation and this does not occur..

Simply not true. 100s of gun related deaths happen where no drugs or alcohol is involved. Take the gun out of the situation and no gun deaths will occur. That is the fact of the matter.

2 hours ago, Scott Tracy said:

It doesn't appear to specify the make and model of the weapon, so judgement as to any safety features are superfluous. A weapon with a loaded magazine, and the magazine loaded to the weapon still normally needs the slide racking. Perhaps in this case there was a round chambered. I don't know. There are some pistols that have no safety feature after the round is chambered, thereafter the trigger just needs to be pulled. I am assured that the US Secret Service holster their service weapons loaded and safeties off. 

Suffice to say, the owner of the weapon probably did not intend the drunk to find it and play with it and the drunk probably didn't realise it was loaded. Such a sad outcome.

Over 20,000 gun shot murders a year, far more than USA per capita,  this is a non event, part of daily life in Thailand and rare in the deep South. 

7 minutes ago, sunnyboy2018 said:

Simply not true. 100s of gun related deaths happen where no drugs or alcohol is involved. Take the gun out of the situation and no gun deaths will occur. That is the fact of the matter.

Thais are very determined to kill. Let it be. Guns are the greatest blessing for Thailand. For a nation statistically one of the most murderous in the World, gun shot gives the least pain. Too painful if they were only given knives. Everyone here fails to look on the bright side of life 555

11 hours ago, Vacuum said:

Is it legal (even if had a license for it) to have the gun loaded in public?  Then again, he was vice president of the Thai-Chinese trade and industry association. Perhaps other rules for the 'influential' people

Probably some fine print somewhere.  Or he has a license and permit, but I suspect it was an improper one but still issued by the police or whoever.

11 minutes ago, Langkawee said:

Thais are very determined to kill. Let it be. Guns are the greatest blessing for Thailand. For a nation statistically one of the most murderous in the World, gun shot gives the least pain. Too painful if they were only given knives. Everyone here fails to look on the bright side of life 555

And that's not counting all the discreetely murdered farang husbands by poison on their somtam for their assets by the family, lol, 555

12 hours ago, jak2002003 said:

Is that legal to keep a loaded gun in your car?

Only if you have a Por 12 concealed carry permit for that particular gun.  These are difficult to get and have to be renewed annually but it is possible that someone like that had one.  The article says the gun was properly licensed but that could just mean a regular Por 4 permit that doesn't allow carrying the gun loaded in your car. 

Presumably the gun owner was driving under the influence, since he had to get out of the car and urinate in the bushes.  Perhaps he avoided being shot in the head by the drunken Chinese passenger as a result.  A sad story.

Glocks are very popular handguns in Thailand because they are relatively cheap and light and have a "cool" factor.  The design has no safety as it is supposed to a heavy enough trigger pull to prevent accidental discharges.  Of course it is not and there are many accidental discharges and accidental deaths as a result.  The trigger pull from the factory is about 5.5lbs which is a lot lighter than the average S&W revolver that is 11-12lbs from the factory.  Revolvers don't have safeties but the argument about the heavy trigger pull is more of valid there.  Thais also like to lighten their Glock triggers to about 3.5lbs with after market parts which makes them easy to fire accidentally. Even if it was a gun with a safety, it would no problem with most models for a drunk to slip it off without even realising it. 

Anyway I guess this case is going to go away quite quickly, unless the woman was someone important to the Chinese government.  Whether the owner had a proper carry permit or not, he is going to have to pay over some big bucks to quieten things down.

13 hours ago, from the home of CC said:

take the drug alcohol out of the equation and this does not occur..

Possibly in this case but certainly not in many other cases. 

Take the gun out of the equation is the only sensible way to stop this kind of tragedy.

5 hours ago, Dr No said:

Guns don't kill people....people do.

Why do some people still think this way? Would this girl be dead if there had not been a gun in the car?

Get it right - Guns don't kill people....people with guns do.

one time in cm with a friend a thai wanted to sell a 9 mm gun.knowing the dangers of a farang with a gun we refused and just looked at it.not loaded we broke it down  and put it back quickly. then he went off with someone to sell it  else where in town.why was the gun in the taxi where  a passenger could get hold of it and loaded. a gun is enough to scare anybody and not loaded  is the safe way.what did the taxi driver want  with a gun for.maybe the friends he kept or areas he travelled.question for him and a drunken chinese is not a good mix. a thai lady died because of something stupid.i know many thais have guns in the home and use them in shooting ranges.but alot of them  don,t talk about it like a few things to farangs

11 hours ago, Langkawee said:

Everyone here fails to look on the bright side of life 555

11 hours ago, Langkawee said:

And that's not counting all the discreetely murdered farang husbands by poison on their somtam for their assets by the family, lol, 555

555, you are so funny, 555, thanx for your intelligent comments, 555, ever thought of being a comedian 555....

Edit,

LOL, i forgot to add the LOL's, LOL

Archived