Life certificate (Sweden)

Kenth Nilsson

Hi

Im a Swedish citizen, and I moved to Chiang Rai a few months ago, and I wonder if someone on this forum maybe can help me with a question. 

As retired, I have to provide Sweden with a document that declare that Im still alive, every year, and I don't know where to torn to have this dune, here in CR?

I called the consulate in CM and they only answered me, "you have to drive here"! Sounds kind of stupid to drive 400 km for a sign and a stamp, so I wonder if there is anyone else on this forum that know how to solve this problem here in CR?

I am swedish too, easy peasy nowadays, since 2017..... You go in on Pensionsmyndigheten.se, log in and use your bank ID and sign that life certificate there... And you are good to go,,,,,

Plse come back if you dont get´s it...

good luck

glegolo

I'm afraid so, fly or drive to the CM Consulate or the Embassy in Bangkok.

If you have received a life certificate, you will need to visit a Swedish Embassy or a Consulate to get the certificate endorsed.

Applicants for life certificates/pension must come in person with the forms received from Sweden and a valid government issued ID (e.i. passport, driver´s license, unified ID and the like)

For life certificates, the Embassy will forward the completed and signed forms together with a copy of the applicant’s ID to the appropriate office in Sweden. You can read more about life certificates on the website of the Swedish Pension Agency. 

Relatives of pensioners may also receive the form "survivor's pension/survivor life annuity" which needs to be endorsed by the Embassy. The applicant is responsible to send these forms to their respective pension agency in Sweden.

Just now, Tanoshi said:

I'm afraid so, fly or drive to the CM Consulate or the Embassy in Bangkok.

If you have received a life certificate, you will need to visit a Swedish Embassy or a Consulate to get the certificate endorsed.

Applicants for life certificates/pension must come in person with the forms received from Sweden and a valid government issued ID (e.i. passport, driver´s license, unified ID and the like)

For life certificates, the Embassy will forward the completed and signed forms together with a copy of the applicant’s ID to the appropriate office in Sweden. You can read more about life certificates on the website of the Swedish Pension Agency. 

Relatives of pensioners may also receive the form "survivor's pension/survivor life annuity" which needs to be endorsed by the Embassy. The applicant is responsible to send these forms to their respective pension agency in Sweden.

I am sorry Tanoshi, you did miss out on the most IMPORTANT way to do this.... Read my above post plse.....

glegolo

Just now, Tanoshi said:

As your a Swedish national, I believe you.

Unfortunately your Embassy website doesn't give that information.

They are too lazy in some cases unfortunately.... But as a foreigner I think you did good giving that information, nothing faulty there... well done..

Thanks to both of you for your reply. However, I moved from Sweden already 15 years ago, so I don't have a bank ID. What I wanted to know is if there is any other a authority here in CR that would be willing to verify that Im alive. The document I received mention the following, social insurance institution, notary public, police authority or a population register agency, as institutions that should be able to verify my document. Not sure if this will work in Thailand?

26 minutes ago, Kenth Nilsson said:

Thanks to both of you for your reply. However, I moved from Sweden already 15 years ago, so I don't have a bank ID. What I wanted to know is if there is any other a authority here in CR that would be willing to verify that Im alive. The document I received mention the following, social insurance institution, notary public, police authority or a population register agency, as institutions that should be able to verify my document. Not sure if this will work in Thailand?

any consulate or police station are obligated to

sign and stamp it, after which you mail it.

if you still have a swedish bank account,

you can download the bank id app

16 minutes ago, Kenth Nilsson said:

OK I was in the very same position as you are now back before 2017..  So may I ask you. Do you have a swedish bankaccount at all???? I mean for your pension and so on??? I ask before if you have that you can easily log in into your bank and register a BankID, very easy...

So I presume you do NOT have any, and we take it from there.... It was hard here in Chaiyaphum because i have about 370 kilomters one way, so allmost same as you have, down to Swedish embassy in Bangkok which is the closest for me.... So of course I looked around for other options....

And I started with the Immigration, their response no way, I argued it is just a signature nd here is my passport. But they refused.....

I thought that a lawyer could do the trick, but that was not allowed by pensions-myndigheten. So that was a drag.....

I went to our big police-house central Chaiyaphum city, I talked to several officers and they refused to even look at the damn paper, I tried to argue, just a signeture..... But refusal. So my only option left was to go to Bangkok and our embassy.... <deleted>.....

THEN a neighbour, a friend to my wife heard the following day about my dilemma, and said, give me a minute, I talk to my brother, he is a police........

She came back within 5 minutes and told me to go down to Ban Khai about 10 kilometers away, her brother will gladly sign my paper.

So I went to Big C and bought 10 donouts and went these 10 kilometers and did ask for Rong Wichit..... It turned out that he was second in command at that police-station, and he smiled widely when I entered the room. I gave him donouts and he did sign my paper with two big fat stamps and his signing of course.....

So what can suit you in what I did, I hope something  can be worth it, maybe you have in the family or the neightbourhood a police-captain or something that can save the trip to your consulate.... Of course if you have a swedish bankaccount that really would save the day...

Good luck

glegolo

For the latest 3 years I have used  "Ampö" in my distrikt.Easy,quick and at no cost.  About bankID. My bank in Sweden,where i have some accounts since many years,told me,that I must come to their office in Sweden,in person,to get bank-id.Nobody mentioned anything about some app I could use.Intrested in more info regarding this,please!

18 minutes ago, Bosse137 said:

For the latest 3 years I have used  "Ampö" in my distrikt.Easy,quick and at no cost.  About bankID. My bank in Sweden,where i have some accounts since many years,told me,that I must come to their office in Sweden,in person,to get bank-id.Nobody mentioned anything about some app I could use.Intrested in more info regarding this,please!

What is the name of your bank????? In my bank NORDEA, I just log in, look at the settings, goes to GET BANKID and problem solved,,,,,,

i am 100% sure that there must be some kind of misunderstanding, all the banks do exactly the very same.. They all have access to BankID.

glegolo

glegolo.Thanks for your reply!  No,there is no mistake! I have written to them more than once on this subject and explained,that it is almost impossible for me to go to Sweden.I have also told them,that I have no other reason to go there,so it would be only for this matter! But they reply,that it is the only way for me to get the ID. The perculier thing is,that I have this numbercard,with witch I can log in and control my accounts or leave/recieve messiges on my "brevlåda" there! The bank is Handelsbanken.

Glegolo.OK,Ithink I now found out why I can`t get the ID.Has to do with the way I log in to the bank.I use,as I said,"användarbricka" (numbercard).This seems to be not enough;must have "kortläsare med sladd". which I probably can not get without bankID...Catch 22 situation...It's a new fascinating time we live in;all the wonderful electronics. There were a time,many years ago,when I just telephoned the office in Sweden,and they recogniced my voice,and sent money from my account there to my dito in Thailand...

57 minutes ago, Bosse137 said:

glegolo.Thanks for your reply!  No,there is no mistake! I have written to them more than once on this subject and explained,that it is almost impossible for me to go to Sweden.I have also told them,that I have no other reason to go there,so it would be only for this matter! But they reply,that it is the only way for me to get the ID. The perculier thing is,that I have this numbercard,with witch I can log in and control my accounts or leave/recieve messiges on my "brevlåda" there! The bank is Handelsbanken.

One thought that came to mind... May I ask you, do you have a BANKDOSA???? If you do not have that I can see that you have big problem....  So do you have a BANKDOSA???

glegolo

8 minutes ago, glegolo said:

One thought that came to mind... May I ask you, do you have a BANKDOSA???? If you do not have that I can see that you have big problem....  So do you have a BANKDOSA???

glegolo

I must PM; you, because I have information about this, and I like you to have it in swedish so it is chrystal clear.

glegolo

9 hours ago, Bosse137 said:

glegolo Thanks for your efforts to help me !!!! As you can read in my post above;I guess I found the answer

Continue to read the comments and answers in that facebook-thread I started for you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/392008487606858/?multi_permalinks=1563578493783179&notif_id=1570634502028925&notif_t=feedback_reaction_generic

They even suggested that you maybe can ask a friend with a NORDEA-"DOSA", put in your VISA-card and see how that works.... According to some, it is the very same DOSA for both banks......

Good luck

glegolo

21 hours ago, Kenth Nilsson said:

police authority

Not about Swedish, but a mate got his certificate for Germany stamped at the police station.

(a little donation is always welcome :whistling:)

Then send by postal mail directly to the pension office.

Swiss official site also mentions Amphoe (district office) as acceptable.

And they have it bilingual in English/Thai!

It might or might not happen that an official/officer wants to see a translation to Thai before stamping.

Glegolo,I just wrote to you and reminded you,that I did not ask for help to send the lifecertificat;my interest was how to get bankID. To use another persons "dosa" to get this ID,sounds not correct in any way!!!! If it is that easy,then there is some malfunction in the system.Thankyou but no thanks! BTW,I do not have a VISA  or any other card. Let this be the end of our "discussion"

Just now, Bosse137 said:

Glegolo,I just wrote to you and reminded you,that I did not ask for help to send the lifecertificat;my interest was how to get bankID. To use another persons "dosa" to get this ID,sounds not correct in any way!!!! If it is that easy,then there is some malfunction in the system.Thankyou but no thanks! BTW,I do not have a VISA  or any other card.

I am sorry you are completely toasted then.... 

glegolo

Hi again. Now I have tried to follow suggestions here, - it didn't work! Went to Ampur and they said "no, we cant do that unless you first go and get this document translated". I tried to explain that what it was about, and asked the lady if she could read english, and she said yes I can, I have dune this before, but only if you translate the document, so extremely stupid. I also went to immigration, sense its next door to Ampur, but they said "Ohhh no, only the embassy in BKK can do that" I will go to CM this time, and next year I will try again at Ampur. 

Again, thanks for all help.

7 hours ago, Kenth Nilsson said:

Hi again. Now I have tried to follow suggestions here, - it didn't work! Went to Ampur and they said "no, we cant do that unless you first go and get this document translated". I tried to explain that what it was about, and asked the lady if she could read english, and she said yes I can, I have dune this before, but only if you translate the document, so extremely stupid. I also went to immigration, sense its next door to Ampur, but they said "Ohhh no, only the embassy in BKK can do that" I will go to CM this time, and next year I will try again at Ampur. 

Again, thanks for all help.

So get it translated and you are good to go,, what is the problem..

glegolo

Kenth! I should have mention the need for translation in my post to you;sorry about that. It happened exactly like that for me also,but since this is "TIT",we have to forget everything that has to do with logic and common sense...I had my "document" translated and after that,no problem.I also make a copy every year of the (of the ampur) signed document and bring them all,together with the translation,to ampur when it`s time again. Sometimes they have a new boss,but when he sees what the former boss has done,he goes along with it (hopefully..) Good luck to you and let me know how it goes!

On 10/17/2019 at 7:00 PM, Bosse137 said:

Kenth! I should have mention the need for translation in my post to you;sorry about that. It happened exactly like that for me also,but since this is "TIT",we have to forget everything that has to do with logic and common sense...I had my "document" translated and after that,no problem.I also make a copy every year of the (of the ampur) signed document and bring them all,together with the translation,to ampur when it`s time again. Sometimes they have a new boss,but when he sees what the former boss has done,he goes along with it (hopefully..) Good luck to you and let me know how it goes!

Thanks Bosse, very good suggestion to copy the last years document.

Archived