Terminal 21 - A VERY cool looking Pattaya Mall!

WaveHunter

I'm not a huge fan of shopping malls but I was majorly impressed when some new (and very nice) friends I met here on ThaiVisa offered to help me with my trip to DLP for my drivers license (just in case I had translation issues), and then, as an added bonus, gave me a quick tour of this wild and crazy Pattaya mall on the way back home!  Here are a few pictures.  For anyone not familiar with this mall, it's well worth the trip!

snapshot_ 2019-10-09 at 11.26.00 AM.jpg

snapshot_ 2019-10-09 at 11.26.51 AM.jpg

388487732_snapshot_2019-10-09at11_52_31AM.jpg.b72785a9ed1f77beac8d5ad27cc07b8f.jpg

snapshot_ 2019-10-09 at 11.27.14 AM.jpg

snapshot_ 2019-10-09 at 11.28.22 AM.jpg

snapshot_ 2019-10-09 at 11.32.08 AM.jpg

snapshot_ 2019-10-09 at 11.31.40 AM.jpg

snapshot_ 2019-10-09 at 11.32.42 AM.jpg

snapshot_ 2019-10-09 at 11.33.10 AM.jpg

snapshot_ 2019-10-09 at 11.33.21 AM.jpg

snapshot_ 2019-10-09 at 11.42.29 AM.jpg

snapshot_ 2019-10-09 at 11.42.47 AM.jpg

snapshot_ 2019-10-09 at 11.43.23 AM.jpg

snapshot_ 2019-10-09 at 11.43.45 AM.jpg

snapshot_ 2019-10-09 at 11.45.00 AM.jpg

snapshot_ 2019-10-09 at 11.44.03 AM.jpg

snapshot_ 2019-10-09 at 11.46.01 AM.jpg

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Best are the stylish bathrooms.

I visited it two times but the attraction fades soon.

The only shop that really attracted me was Foodland :biggrin:

5 minutes ago, Denim said:

One man's wild and crazy is another man's tacky and kitsch .

You are so cruel :biggrin:

5 minutes ago, Denim said:

One man's wild and crazy is another man's tacky and kitsch .

I like that mall. I was there for several hours yesterday. It was exciting to discover all about it the first few times but I never felt that is was wild or crazy. 

6 minutes ago, rossd said:

In my mind it is nothing more than a deserted show piece. I live in Pats (dark side) and there is nothing in the world that would tempt me to enter this monolith.

It's hardly deserted. Where did you get that silly idea?

18 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I like that mall. I was there for several hours yesterday. It was exciting to discover all about it the first few times but I never felt that is was wild or crazy. 

C'mon!  This was meant to just be a fun, off-the-cuff, FRIENDLY post...wild and crazy just means I was impressed by the mall's creative and fun design.  No need to be so critical ???? 

Jees!  Sometimes people on this forum acts like they got a stick up their *ss.  Loosen up, enjoy life!  Not aimed at you specifically Jingthing, just those who seem to never have a positive thing to say about anything, of which there are many on this forum.  This is supposed to be a fun place.

18 minutes ago, Khon Kaen Jeff said:

A tour of a shopping mall eh..have you got over the excitement of it all yet?

Would've thought the excitement died off over one year ago as Terminal 21 has been there for over a year.

19 minutes ago, bbi1 said:

Would've thought the excitement died off over one year ago as Terminal 21 has been there for over a year.

Sorry, not everybody is an old timer to Pattaya like you.  My post was just a fun post intended to bring a smile, not negative reactions or critical reviews of the Mall. ????

32 minutes ago, Khon Kaen Jeff said:

A tour of a shopping mall eh..have you got over the excitement of it all yet?

Not quite ????  I'm going back another day with a better camera.  I know it might be "tacky and kitschy" to some, as one poster said.  What so bad about that?  I think the place is visually stimulating...and FUN!  

13 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

It's hardly deserted. Where did you get that silly idea?

When you consider the floor area against the number of people I would hazard a guess that for every 10 square meters of floor space you would be lucky to have one person in that area. Most people are not shopping they are "seeping" looking around except perhaps for those who visit Foodland, they have a purpose. Anyways, you have your opinion and I have mine.

40 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

Best are the stylish bathrooms.

I visited it two times but the attraction fades soon.

The only shop that really attracted me was Foodland :biggrin:

You are so cruel :biggrin:

I was impressed by the bathrooms too ????

56 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

No wonder the economy is bad - who comes to Thailand and goes into a shop selling Ultra Warm clothes ? 388487732_snapshot_2019-10-09at11_52_31AM.jpg.b72785a9ed1f77beac8d5ad27cc07b8f.jpg

Just an aside, Isn't the model dressed in a manner that most stylish and proper Thai women would normally dress here in Pattaya?  Not sure why you would refer to that as "ultra warm clothes"  Then again, maybe you were referring to the Ultra-Warm HeatTech clothing in the window?  Well, it is October now, and Thai people do buy clothes for travel to cold places, ya know?  Shopping Malls do cater to Thai people too, not just us Farangs.

2 minutes ago, WaveHunter said:

Just an aside, Isn't the model dressed in a manner that most stylish and proper Thai women would normally dress here in Pattaya?  Not sure why you would refer to that as "ultra warm clothes"

The Op is referring to the sign in the window behind and to the right of the model.

46 minutes ago, WaveHunter said:

Not quite ????  I'm going back another day with a better camera.  I know it might be "tacky and kitschy" to some, as one poster said.  What so bad about that?  I think the place is visually stimulating...and FUN!  

me too I did not time to visit ALL the floors...each one having a different theme. Next time I go I will do....

9 minutes ago, Khon Kaen Jeff said:

Why do you keep using the word 'fun' in describing a mall? Take it you are American?

Brick and mortar retail is struggling, so the only businesses that seem to survive and even thrive in shopping malls are coffee shops, restaurants, gyms and activity/entertainment such as multiplex cinemas. I guess that's where the 'fun' comes in. Also, Terminal 21 has spent a lot of money on Instagrammable installations and decorations. Which some people see as 'fun'. 

For me, the main draw is the Pier 21 food court. 'Funny' how they can serve such good food at such low prices with such a nice view. 

8 minutes ago, Khon Kaen Jeff said:

Why do you keep using the word 'fun' in describing a mall? Take it you are American?

Recently I saw an article with photos of deserted/dying down malls in the US.

Will Amazon et.al. kill them too?

12 minutes ago, Khon Kaen Jeff said:

As a matter of fact I am American.  What does that have to do with anything?  Why have such a jaded view of things?  If a Mall has a unique character, which this mall obviously has, why not celebrate it instead of berating it.  "Fun" describes the place pretty well IMO. 

Archived