Terminal 21 - A VERY cool looking Pattaya Mall!

WaveHunter

1 minute ago, KhunBENQ said:

Recently I saw an article with photos of deserted/dying down malls in the US.

Will Amazon et.al. kill them too?

Maybe they are killing malls all over the world..

But thai  know nothing about what happen outside Thailand ;

they want to build more and more Malls ; malls which are 

maybe no Thai buys anything on Amazon or Lazada? 

They are for the most part empty of buyers;
90 to 100% of the people who come there , do so to visit, take a picture of themselves and incidentally come to eat at the food-court .

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

Recently I saw an article with photos of deserted/dying down malls in the US.

Will Amazon et.al. kill them too?

Amazon IS killing malls.  I'm sure that's a big reason Malls like Terminal 21 are going to extra lengths to make visits to their malls more FUN to visit. ????   I hate malls in general and almost never visit them to buy things, preferring the convenience and breadth of selection to order things online, but I really got a kick of my visit to Terminal 21.

They could make their motto "The most fun thing in Pattaya that doesn't require a condom!"

I rate malls by their food courts.  Good food court means good mall.  I think Tukcom is ok but their basement food court is terrible, but haven't been there in years; I was there once and saw a Thai lady who ordered fried rice take one bite of it then got up and left.  Tesco mall food courts are usually bad, even in Malaysia.  The one in Nong Khai has live roaches in the glass display cases.

52 minutes ago, sillyfool said:

people can't even let a guy enjoy a mall now. <deleted>

have fun my friend. 

You certainly have strong feeling in your post, but kind of hard to know what or who you are referring to without a "quote" in the header.

1 minute ago, DEKEM said:

It's a butt shower bro. No need for a spray. Just push a button and the water comes out. 

Yes, but how do you direct the spray where you want it, move your butt back and forth? I like the manual things....

Anyone mentioned the food court?   I go there to eat often as the prices are very reasonable - even more reasonable than street food in some cases!  And the food quality/taste/portions are excellent. 

Always bring my socks to stave off hypothermia, believe they keep the temp around 20 degrees C. :crazy:

8 minutes ago, DEKEM said:

It's a butt shower bro. No need for a spray. Just push a button and the water comes out. 

It is quite an experience, even has a hot air "dryer" if you want to forgo toilet paper all together 5555

2 hours ago, Jingthing said:

It's hardly deserted. Where did you get that silly idea?

We see on his photos only 3 people standing at that long escalator  probably on their way to that 0,50 bht foodcourt. I see lots of statues placed in that mall is this to make it appear busy?

When I lived there I only used the food court. 30-40 baht per dish.
And I watched a couple of movies.  

Yes the mall is nice but it lacks the hectic atmosphere of T21 in Bangkok. 

44 minutes ago, Vacuum said:

Yes, but how do you direct the spray where you want it, move your butt back and forth? I like the manual things....

There is a control button for moving the spray, water pressure, heat etc. After using a butt shower you won't want to go manual anymore.

butt shower.jpg

2 hours ago, WaveHunter said:

As a matter of fact I am American.  What does that have to do with anything?  Why have such a jaded view of things?  If a Mall has a unique character, which this mall obviously has, why not celebrate it instead of berating it.  "Fun" describes the place pretty well IMO. 

As I thought.

It is great.

Hit the food court very inexpensive and good food I think.  Can leave stuffed with a couple of different dishes for less then 100 b.

Then, walk to a movie around the corner in the new quality theatre.

Get a coffee do some girl watching.  Many pretty girls around.

So, this is all bad and negative to some I guess? 

I find it quite enjoyable.

1 hour ago, grifbel said:

You claim to be a fun guy, yet launch a vitriolic age-based attack on another?

Not funny at all!

First of all, I never claimed to be a "fun guy".  That would sound a little bit creepy to refer to one's self that way, don't you think?

My use of the term "Old Timer" has nothing to do with age in this context;  it simply means somebody who has been here a long time.  And I think you knew that perfectly well!.  Maybe you were just looking for an excuse to use the word "vitriolic" perhaps...LOL ????

Anyway, enough of this.  I'm going to do something productive with my time now and go the gym to lift dumbbells...instead of wasting my time talking to one.  Just kidding; you can take a joke, right? ????

17 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

It is great.

Hit the food court very inexpensive and good food I think.  Can leave stuffed with a couple of different dishes for less then 100 b.

Then, walk to a movie around the corner in the new quality theatre.

Get a coffee do some girl watching.  Many pretty girls around.

So, this is all bad and negative to some I guess? 

I find it quite enjoyable.

Better watch out, or one of the members on this thread will accuse you of being one of those "fun guys" LOL ????

Archived