Terminal 21 - A VERY cool looking Pattaya Mall!

WaveHunter

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, Chazar said:

Looks  like an appalling waste of  money to me, nothing more than shopping, could've  built    a nice  hospital instead.

There is one just down the road.

Somebody somewhere seems to think the investment has value. I also get an impression of a collection of struggling outlets and people getting out of the heat and entertaining their children on the cheap. Still,I would rather walk around there than say the Tukcom mall or the other cramped old places. (If I must).

18 hours ago, Max69xl said:

It's a nice looking mall,but also very empty. Many shops there will soon be out of business.

We were there the other day getting a present ,the managaress of the shop said business was very slow people just come in to walk around and take pictures etc , to be honest although it was busy ,nobody seemed to be shopping ,still the food court is good ,but its killed Tescos food court in N  Pattaya.

5 minutes ago, bert bloggs said:

still the food court is good ,but its killed Tescos food court in N  Pattaya.

You can only cut the Pattaya pie in so many slices.  One busy place means there will be other places that are empty. 

1 hour ago, Leaver said:

You can only cut the Pattaya pie in so many slices.  One busy place means there will be other places that are empty. 

In my opinion the location is a bit off. If I need to visit a mall it will normally be Central Festival. 

1 hour ago, Max69xl said:

In my opinion the location is a bit off. If I need to visit a mall it will normally be Central Festival. 

Why? You live in Jomtien?

From Klang to north Naklua there are many many hotels and 10's of thousands of residents.  T21 always has a fair crowd seems like an excellent and smart location to me.

6 hours ago, hyku1147 said:

Escalators, hot babes, and mini skirts are essential factors for success; however, the rise in painful strained neck episodes is alarming.

image.thumb.png.54c7b550736cc9c4c12bcec40fe56209.png

If you stand at the correct angle going up or down, no neck straining necessary. ????

28 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

Why? You live in Jomtien?

From Klang to north Naklua there are many many hotels and 10's of thousands of residents.  T21 always has a fair crowd seems like an excellent and smart location to me.

There's no fair crowd in T21. I was there the second week after the grand opening, and not many people, and they were just looking. 

They did not pick the location because it was the best, there was no other place to choose from. North Pattaya isn't exactly smack dab in the middle. Just wait and see when they start closing stores. You have exactly same brands at Central Festival. 

7 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

There's no fair crowd in T21. I was there the second week after the grand opening, and not many people, and they were just looking. 

They did not pick the location because it was the best, there was no other place to choose from. North Pattaya isn't exactly smack dab in the middle. Just wait and see when they start closing stores. You have exactly same brands at Central Festival. 

That's misleading.

I go quite often and the crowds are healthy. 

As far as business overlap yes there is some of that but there are also several stores and restaurants there that are totally unique in town. 

There is always some turnover in mall businesses but so far not very much at all at T21.

6 hours ago, Jingthing said:

That's misleading.

I go quite often and the crowds are healthy. 

As far as business overlap yes there is some of that but there are also several stores and restaurants there that are totally unique in town. 

There is always some turnover in mall businesses but so far not very much at all at T21.

You're kidding.  Misleading opinions from internet rando's just pull stuff out of their sphincters?  I don't believe it!  Can't be true!!!

I had to verify it for myself.  Yup, people just walking around.  Restaurants TOTALLY empty.  T21 totally dead, doomed, dooooooooooooooomeddddddd!  Only low end Chinese and Indian tourists.  You never see farangs anywhere, ever!  I know it's true because a few internet randos here said so.

doomed1.jpg

doomed5.jpg

doomed6.jpg

doomed12.jpg

doomed8.jpg

57 minutes ago, shdmn said:

You're kidding.  Misleading opinions from internet rando's just pull stuff out of their sphincters?  I don't believe it!  Can't be true!!!

I had to verify it for myself.  Yup, people just walking around.  Restaurants TOTALLY empty.  T21 totally dead, doomed, dooooooooooooooomeddddddd!  Only low end Chinese and Indian tourists.  You never see farangs anywhere, ever!  I know it's true because a few internet randos here said so.

doomed1.jpg

doomed5.jpg

doomed6.jpg

doomed12.jpg

doomed8.jpg

In the five photos you posted I can only see two westerners.  ????????

T21 main target are tourist, hence its pretty empty given low tourist arrivals recently. They draw in people with the cheap food court, its cheap because they cap the price of food in return they subsidize their rent for them. But their centre point hotel is actually pretty decent, given that its connected to T21 its convenient as well.

3 hours ago, mike324 said:

T21 main target are tourist, hence its pretty empty given low tourist arrivals recently. They draw in people with the cheap food court, its cheap because they cap the price of food in return they subsidize their rent for them. But their centre point hotel is actually pretty decent, given that its connected to T21 its convenient as well.

Lol.  It's packed with Thai's all the time all over the place.  No, not just the food court.  I already posted pictures but don't let that get in the way of your agenda.  You are probably not even in Thailand given your totally wrong opinion.

14 hours ago, shdmn said:

Lol.  It's packed with Thai's all the time all over the place.  No, not just the food court.  I already posted pictures but don't let that get in the way of your agenda.  You are probably not even in Thailand given your totally wrong opinion.

It can be packed with Thai's, westerners, Chinese , Indians, Martians. 

It all means nothing, unless they buy something in there, other than cheap food from the food court. 

How many people in your photos are carrying shopping bags from a store????

Its always been busy inside T21 , but not every weekday. The locals seem to visit during the weekends, most of the Asian restaurants are packed. 

Some of the shops do not have many customers but they will be replaced with something else.  High season or low season, the mall will survive.  

34 minutes ago, balo said:

Its always been busy inside T21 , but not every weekday. The locals seem to visit during the weekends, most of the Asian restaurants are packed. 

Some of the shops do not have many customers but they will be replaced with something else.  High season or low season, the mall will survive.  

Well as long as u believe your groundless statements yourself  then at least that’s one person !

7 hours ago, balo said:

It is a big thing to give up on..... 

I keep expecting The Avenue or Harbor to give up as they are saddening at many times of day. Just places to get out of the heat and humidity....(not even that at The Avenue), and do the weekly shop for residents. 

8 hours ago, Destiny1990 said:

Well as long as u believe your groundless statements yourself  then at least that’s one person !

No two. Based on my own observations since it opened, I agree with balo.

We live nearby and go there often for food.

19 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Who cares.

So what is your point and how do you know?

Maybe the Asian's are from the west.....

I don't care.

Point is, some photos of people having cheap eats does not indicate Pattaya is busy, and the mall is booming.

Maybe they are Asians from the west, then again, maybe they are not. 

Archived