BANGKOK
john west

Now UK coming out of EU with no deal. what is going to happen to sterling??

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, silver sea said:

“He’s lied his way through life, he’s lied his way through politics, he’s a huckster with a degree of charm to which I am immune. As well as being mendacious he’s incompetent.” 

Conservative former minister Chris Patten in May interview with Bloomberg

I have been saying it since the Tories placed him there, he's an arrogant no-brainer unfortunately nobody will listen to the truth

Edited by Mavideol
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, a10ams said:

As long as Glasgow Rangers win the league, everything else is immaterial. 🇬🇧

Longer odds on that than a no deal Brexit. Might as well give the Hoops the title now.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Can you list any for us? Or are you like the Brits who didn't want to be governed by unelected bureaucrats (while at the same not voting for their MEP), and who when asked could not actually name any laws imposed upon the UK by the EU?

Extra online banking security, middle of last month, which made it harder for all us expats to access our UK accounts.

Need UK SIM, Debit card and debit card security reader to get anywhere.

Annoying as heck.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

I have had a feeling for quite some time and I could be hopelessly wrong here but i reckon the powers that be aren't going to let us leave.They never thought the electorate would be stupid enough to vote leave and now it must be stopped at all costs.

• Like 1

I believe the next large wave of refugees to EU will come from UK.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, john west said:

What is going to happen to Sterling after the UK it seems crashing out of the EU without a deal

1397560944_bored2.jpg.8d25f1a5072fbdbd8c50b5861c550a24.jpg

• Like 1

On the upside, the UK printing presses might have more business with a no-deal credit..... who remembers ration cards...anyone..?

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Save £££ on your Mediterranean holiday next summer, experience the sweltering heat and collapsed economy of Greece in the comfort of your local soup kitchen.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Parsve said:

I believe the next large wave of refugees to EU will come from UK.

I'll be one of them, if Brexit doesn't remove my right to live in France.

Was just about to buy a place in central France, but stopped until after the October deadline.

No point in buying, if I can't live in it for more than the post Brexit 90 days/year currently floated by France.

Edited by BritManToo

8 hours ago, petermik said:

Any remainers unhappy about LOSING the vote can move to one of the countries still in the EU after we leave.....enjoy :thumbsup:

If the UK leaves the EU, the EU will be a far better place to live than Little England 

• Haha 1

what is going to happen to sterling?

Hopefully , 1 pound equal 10 baht then a lot of us who have worked here and are ready to retire can sell up and go home a lot wealthier than we had hoped.

4 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Extra online banking security, middle of last month, which made it harder for all us expats to access our UK accounts.

Need UK SIM, Debit card and debit card security reader to get anywhere.

Annoying as heck.

Yes Europe decided Strong Customer Authentication (SCA) rules for more security on online payments,

but No, SCA does not impose a SIM from your country, a card or a security reader.

These must be choices made by your UK bank.

For SCA with my French bank, all I need is my mobile phone 🙂