Jump to content
BANGKOK
john west

Now UK coming out of EU with no deal. what is going to happen to sterling??

Recommended Posts

32 minutes ago, yodsak said:

Going up.

1099764634_ScreenShot2019-10-17at10_21_56.png.0f7bdfee84fddec488f3a7db8fb50d01.png349737449_ScreenShot2019-10-17at10_22_57.png.45e21557c1ffec994062f0cb3e9d4f8d.png

AND SLIDING DOWN AGAIN ….17 OCT  10.56

2019-10-17_105734.png

Share this post


Link to post
20 minutes ago, david555 said:

AND SLIDING DOWN AGAIN ….17 OCT  10.56

 

38.92 at the moment, best it's been since July.

Not including minor hourly fluctuations.

 

I've been expecting it to drop and keep dropping as the 31st approaches.

But instead it rises, I'll never understand the money markets.

Edited by BritManToo

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, BritManToo said:

38.92 at the moment, best it's been for a long time (over 3 months).

Not including minor hourly fluctuations.

wHERE YOUR 38.92 As that chart is from all major banks and exchangers …. but in Thailand … as different with Europe or U.K.

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, david555 said:

wHERE YOUR 38.92 As that chart is from all major banks and exchangers …. but in Thailand … as different with Europe or U.K.

XE.com, their mid rate is the price I buy my Baht through Transferwise.

Screenshot_20191017_112153_com.xe.currency.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, BritManToo said:

XE.com, their mid rate is the price I buy my Baht through Transferwise.

Screenshot_20191017_112153_com.xe.currency.jpg

O.K. I see …. I keep up with the official Thai street & Thai bank rates , as those online changers are different , even TT exchange has some differences booth by booth

 

That is what I take as the official one , but individual some speculator ones can give different rate 

Share this post


Link to post

Here same one I have as reserve one besides home country bank  ,those  but all for online , not the cash exchange on street or bank 

2019-10-17_113058.png

Share this post


Link to post

The 38.91 is based on the Uk getting a deal this week. When the UK Parliament vote it down on Saturday it will plummet again. Transfer now.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, Henryford said:

The 38.91 is based on the Uk getting a deal this week. When the UK Parliament vote it down on Saturday it will plummet again. Transfer now.

Which they will.

Worse than Teresa May's deal.

Edited by fishtank

Share this post


Link to post

DUP now on board. 39.23 showing. Now needs the EU (should be a slamdunk) and the HoC (remainers last stand) and 40 should be breached. :burp:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Seems to me that anyone with large amounts of THB should be draining SuperRich of all the smaller pounds/sterling they can get and sitting on them. Then, when it turns the other way (as it surely will) fly over to the UK for a visit and buy the large bills for and even exchange. Then when you return to Thailand descend on SuperRich once more and change it back and the better rate.

 

On the Brexit thing I have a question based purely out of curiosity; Why is England apparently afraid of ruling itself again? I'm not from there so am asking as an outsider looking in and not trying to start a fight. Just really want to know. You guys were "The Empire" for centuries so what is so worrisome over being that again? Are you just out of practice? Has not being in charge for so long taken the wild out of the lion? Are your politicians so incredibly inept that they can't make deals on the world market alone?

There's a story in American newspapers that England can't accept the deal President Trump offered while still in the EU. It seems you guys could lead the revolution as it were and be the beginning of the end of EU rule throughout Europe.

Again, not trying to touch nerves, just really curious as a non-englishman. :wai:

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, mrwebb8825 said:

Seems to me that anyone with large amounts of THB should be draining SuperRich of all the smaller pounds/sterling they can get and sitting on them. Then, when it turns the other way (as it surely will) fly over to the UK for a visit and buy the large bills for and even exchange. Then when you return to Thailand descend on SuperRich once more and change it back and the better rate.

 

On the Brexit thing I have a question based purely out of curiosity; Why is England apparently afraid of ruling itself again? I'm not from there so am asking as an outsider looking in and not trying to start a fight. Just really want to know. You guys were "The Empire" for centuries so what is so worrisome over being that again? Are you just out of practice? Has not being in charge for so long taken the wild out of the lion? Are your politicians so incredibly inept that they can't make deals on the world market alone?

There's a story in American newspapers that England can't accept the deal President Trump offered while still in the EU. It seems you guys could lead the revolution as it were and be the beginning of the end of EU rule throughout Europe.

Again, not trying to touch nerves, just really curious as a non-englishman. :wai:

52% are not afraid of ruling for itself, you should have specified that it was for the 48% to answer !

Share this post


Link to post
On 10/9/2019 at 12:43 PM, petermik said:

I asked this same question to a fortune teller in soi Bukhaow (Pattaya) market the other day and she said (pigeon english of course) initially it will sink to 35 baht but late december will bounce to 40 and continue rising during the course of next year to a high of 54.......with this news I happily gave her a 20 baht tip :clap2:

A bar girl said exactly the same to me.

 

This soi Bukhaow lass hasn't got a beauty spot on ner left cheek by any chance? I handed over 200 baht.

Share this post


Link to post
24 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

52% are not afraid of ruling for itself, you should have specified that it was for the 48% to answer !

The British people are happy to rule themselves but the 0.001% politicians get so many kickbacks from the EUSSR they don't want to leave it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...