Compulsory Health insurance for 0-A visa applicants effective 31st October

46 minutes ago, Martyp said:

By not retroactive I'm saying (or suggesting) that I don't buy the argument that if you came on an O-A visa 10 years ago and you are now on 1-year extensions that these new regulations have any application to you. Not now. Not in the future.

They could have simply said... all O-A visas issued from Oct. 31 onward, and the subsequent entries associated with those visas, will require insurance.

But for whatever reason, they chose NOT to word their regulation that way, and instead, focused on the date of entry, not the date of visa issuance, as being the controlling detail.  As you said, we'll soon see.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Like 1

It definitely says Type O and not OA

But it will come to all of us soon .

Now, what would be acceptable as health insurance? That's the question

Thanks

The current police order does not apply to non O visa only to Non O-A. But check carefully that what you have is O and not O-A.

Sent from my SM-J701F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Sent from my SM-G965F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

16 hours ago, Lovethailandelite said:

Remember that only last month it was reported all this Health Insurance suggestion had gone away and been put to bed?

Perhaps it would have slept on if people had not made such a nuisance of themselves over the TM30 requirements?

• Haha 1

On 10/13/2019 at 4:00 PM, Tuvoc said:

Did you watch the video ? And did you read the original Thai language Order as they have done ?

I did watch the video. Alas, the person speaking was not very clear. He stumbled over words and phrases and had difficulty expressing himself. Apparently, he doesn't speak or read Thai either, as he kept saying he had to consult with the Thai lawyers on his staff to determine meaning. This all sounds very muddy. And quite frankly this fellow does not project an image of someone whose advice I would feel comfortable placing my future plans on.

Edited by zydeco