VPN that works in Thailand paid for or free ??

Chivas

Plenty of search material I agree but up to date information greatly appreciated

VPN that allows general use as regards the user actually being sited "in the uk"....if it works for Itv and BBC players so much the better but thats a bonus and not strictly required

Paid or free. Not interested in Zenmate as such too many previous issues

Thanks....

Know little of nothing about these things but wondering why need a VPN for BBC or ITV...get them on my little TV Box thing...bought for around 2000 Bt. in Tuk-Com. I did buy a VPN from Google for 1000 Bt. yearly...have it on 3 devices.

I have been using Pure for the past three years, it fulfills my needs nicely and I have recommended it on TV not so long ago. However after evaluating Nord for the last couple of months I think I'll make the switch after my Pure subscription expires. Pricing being near identical, easier user interface better speed most of the time, connections seem to be more resilient too.

Before Pure I used Hidemyass; they suck and openly cooperate with the authorities.

2 hours ago, nonwanfai said:

Using windscribe since many years without a problem! 
https://windscribe.com

I have been using them for about a year. Just wondering if you notice any issues especially with regular disconnects when first connecting and or long connection times to sites on Saturday and Sunday pm? - UK access.

1 hour ago, J Town said:

I use NordVPN 24x7. VERY happy with it.

Me too.

There is no free lunch. Restrictions for free VPNs will not make you happy.

Bandwidth restrictions, waiting in queues for getting online.

Highest chance to be detected as VPN user as they use few servers for free VPN etc.pp.

Free VPNs have some use (browsing news, registering on sites) but limited.

18 hours ago, mikebike said:

Nord VPN was very bad in following up on problems I had in accessing BBC iPlayer. Once they had my money, they said they could not "guarantee" access.

Since then I have used PureVPN - not only do they provide a VPN for your laptop, their offer also includes embedding a VPN into a browser, such as Firefox. I find that this works very well because the embedded version has options for connecting to BBC, Channel 4, ITV etc. Their customer service is far far superior to NordVPN.

44 minutes ago, Proboscis said:

Nord VPN was very bad in following up on problems I had in accessing BBC iPlayer. Once they had my money, they said they could not "guarantee" access.

Yep that was the same issue I had with Zenmate previously

I have been using them for about a year. Just wondering if you notice any issues especially with regular disconnects when first connecting and or long connection times to sites on Saturday and Sunday pm? - UK access.

Are you using the free version or the paid version ? I am using the free version - mainly to check my gmail and read TV when in China - TV forum is blocked by the Great Wall

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

11 minutes ago, rvaviator said:

Are you using the free version or the paid version ? I am using the free version - mainly to check my gmail and read TV when in China - TV forum is blocked by the Great Wall

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Free - maybe it is just my True connection then. Interestingly it was not blocked just over 5 years ago when I was there but I hear they have tightened up.

4 hours ago, worgeordie said:

Browsec, free and paid, very easy to use,

regards worgeorie

Agreed and no constant nagging to upgrde other than a little reminder when using youtube, have been using it for about 4 years all told, easy to switch on or off when required or change countries!

I have just spent 6 weeks using BlackVPN in Thailand, Cambodia and Vietnam. I used it to hide my share trading activities and other things from prying eyes. I would recommend their service - you can access servers in multiple countries, no issues or delays accessing their servers. They aren't they cheapest, but they are the best I have used. 

3 hours ago, oznomad said:

Cyberghost.

Happy with it, for a few years now.

$2.75 pm on a 3 year plan.

I have cyberghost but I wouldn't recommend it. Quite often it shows as connected to the UK and then when trying to load a webpage get the message " No Internet".

Had to disable launch on start up because it was happening too often.

It works ok on my phone but not on my android box, support said it had not been passed for android boxes as the android has often been tailored.

Archived