Mandatory health insurance for Non O-A visa effective from 31 October

webfact

Mandatory health insurance for Non O-A visa effective from 31 October

image.jpg.6bc2298095c0071b59075dbd2fa025c1.jpg

Foreigners applying for a Non O-A visa will be required to purchase health insurance from 31 October.

The requirements, which were first proposed back in May, have now been confirmed in a police order posted on the Immigration website.

Applicants are required to have 40,000 baht outpatient coverage and 400,000 baht inpatient coverage.

According to the order, health insurance is not required for those applying for an extension of stay based on retirement and only applies to Non O-A visas.

Non O-A visas are obtained from an embassy or consulate outside of Thailand.

Full details of the new requirements can be found here: https://www.immigration.go.th/read?content_id=5d9c3b074d8a8f318362a8aa&fbclid=IwAR39UI_zBxVLedZKgZeAeYnvb0yyyIsr6SHPhnq64ohzACO7VsLUU_LlGn0

As of yet, there is no information on the new insurance requirements on the Ministry of Foreign Affairs website and at the time of posting O-A visas are still being issued without insurance.

However, Thaivisa understands an official announcement is due to be made at a press conference in Bangkok later on Wednesday (9 October).

This is a developing news story. This post may be updated without warning.

RELATED: Health insurance for Non O-A is available here 

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-10-09

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, madmen said:

I just paid my premium for my new health insurance. Its Pacific Cross "long stay for retirement in Thailand" policy. Seriously no advertisement ....just happy to get that one out of the way. It is 40/400 and at 54 years old cost me $1000 USdollars????????(not sure any good ....555)

• Like 2
  • Sad 5

11 minutes ago, LukKrueng said:

why? Where you planning to go our of Thailand to apply for a new OA visa? Of not this new regulation has nothing to do with you. And if in the future they'll decide that insurance is required for extensions as well, you'll have all the time from the date of the announcement to the day you have to extend

do you plan to go to an embassy and apply for a new OA visa when you leave Thailand for the 90 days?

No, just get my passport stamped.