EU ready to make 'major concession' on Brexit deal: The Times newspaper

snoop1130

4 hours ago, Krataiboy said:

Not for much longer. Under proposed new UK "equality" legislation, gran will be able to declare herself a man - or any other one of more than 70 genders she fancies.

Anyone thereafter rash enough to "misgender" her (sorry, him!) will risk being hauled before a special tribunal with powers to fine and imprison offenders.

Hopefully, once he's delivered Brexit, Boris will deliver a death blow to this latest example of "progressive" lunacy.

Looking at him I'll say he already has:cheesy:

Talk that Johnson is floating the idea of second ref  -No Deal v Remain whereas Corbyn would be Deal v  Remain and by doing so hopes to kill Farage's fox....and then we will be remaining  - hurrah. 

https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/brexit-boris-johnson-cummings-referendum-final-say-vote-no-deal-a9148876.html

6 hours ago, el torro said:

"If you cant see you have been lied to then I cant help you."

And this is precisely why you misunderstand.

You believe everything you're told by the media you follow, whilst some of us are less easily manipulated by MSM.

Did you even watch the video?

7 hours ago, el torro said:

You believe everything you're told by the media you follow, whilst some of us are less easily manipulated by MSM.

Ah, the evil MSM made all those ardent leavers say that they wanted to stay in the single market, a la Finland 

So you would be happy to leave open a border into the proposed British single market that will be the UK after Brexit? No economic entity is going to be prepared to do that. So why would you expect the EU not to protect their single market?

It’s the EU lies that matter. They don’t care about the GFA, but are now spouting that as a reason for not agreeing Boris’s proposal.
Why don’t they ‘fess up? They are only interested in two things:
1) Keeping the UK shackled and paying
2) Their protectionist bloc border.

21 minutes ago, Loiner said:

It’s the EU lies that matter. They don’t care about the GFA, but are now spouting that as a reason for not agreeing Boris’s proposal.
Why don’t they ‘fess up? They are only interested in two things:
1) Keeping the UK shackled and paying
2) Their protectionist bloc border.

Wow. Ongoing regurgitated lines fed by the mothership. 

https://brexitcentral.com/heres-need-protectionist-racket-eus-customs-union/

Wow. Ongoing regurgitated lines fed by the mothership. 

https://brexitcentral.com/heres-need-protectionist-racket-eus-customs-union/

Wow, somebody else has seen through the EU too.
Do you have to find a link or source for everything you are told? Are you incapable of making your own analysis of any given situation? It appears most Remainers are, which is probably why they believe Leavers were advised or instructed by the preferred bogieman of the day. Whereas Leavers needed no coaching on the ills of the EU, because we’ve known it for years.

21 hours ago, Rookiescot said:

Staying in the single market was what the leave campaign was promising before the referendum.

Crashing out with no deal only became a thing because May was trying to hold the Conservative party together and the ERG and 1922 committee were demanding it.

Leaving the single market was not what people voted for. There is NO mandate for no deal Brexit.

So you mean the only intention of brexit was to remove all obligations to the EU, but keep all the benefits?

I think i need some further explanation as to how that is possible

6 minutes ago, inspire15 said:

So you mean the only intention of brexit was to remove all obligations to the EU, but keep all the benefits?

I think i need some further explanation as to how that is possible

You were given further explanation at the time but you all chose to ignore it.

On 10/10/2019 at 12:07 AM, Loiner said:

That’s what it’s all about for the EU. If they cannot force us into Remaining to protect their bloc, they want to close the border. Just think of all that free trade produce flowing freely into to EU bloc.

Their protectionist racket would have failed and the people of Ireland (plus further afield) would be able to enjoy some cheaper products without EU tariff. They could even be able to buy some of that chlorinated chicken that everybody talks about. If the EU banned it then it must be good, and why shouldn’t we and they be able to buy it if the price is right?

That nounou state gets into everything. Let’s Leave.

It is staggering almost beyond belief that Leavers use the term "project fear" when discussing the EU, when those same leavers continually use wholly inapropriate and unjust language in discussions around the EU and its relationship with the UK.

There is no "forcing" by the EU for the UK to either leave or remain, to suggest otherwise is nonsense.

"protectionist racket"? Nonsense, groundless, childish.

"nounou state"? There is no EU State, rather a collection of individual member States, as for the "nounou" or "nanny" nonsense I guess this is some absurd, twisted reference to the many positive contributions made by the EU to protect human rights, consumer rights and employment rights, which have benefited many millions of its citizens.

10 hours ago, Loiner said:

Wow, somebody else has seen through the EU too.
Do you have to find a link or source for everything you are told? Are you incapable of making your own analysis of any given situation? It appears most Remainers are, which is probably why they believe Leavers were advised or instructed by the preferred bogieman of the day. Whereas Leavers needed no coaching on the ills of the EU, because we’ve known it for years.

So, as you've known these ills for years, please share with us, which EU laws have caused you, personally any pain? After all these years I'm sure there must be dozens, scores or maybe even hundreds or thousands so rather than list them all perhaps you could share the top ten that have injured you so.

the EU have tried every underhand means to keep us in, this dictatorship, these clowns in charge are not ven heads of countries. there are many countries who share a border with a EU country with no problems at all, they are just making all this <deleted> up. but they answer to no one even to explain why this now seems to be a big issue, check out google and see. the border countries, you will be surprised.

10 hours ago, Loiner said:

Whereas Leavers needed no coaching on the ills of the EU, because we’ve known it for years.

Amazing that you come up with all the same lines with such regularity given you are such independent thinkers.

On 10/9/2019 at 5:25 PM, brucec64 said:

If the UK had gone with a "double majority" for the referendum, they wouldn't have gotten into this mess in the first place.

what the hell is a double majority, does that mean what i think it means, ie stack the odd of getting the result you want

34 minutes ago, mercman24 said:

the EU have tried every underhand means to keep us in, this dictatorship, these clowns in charge are not ven heads of countries. there are many countries who share a border with a EU country with no problems at all, they are just making all this <deleted> up. but they answer to no one even to explain why this now seems to be a big issue, check out google and see. the border countries, you will be surprised.

No, they haven't. They sat with the then PM and her negotiating team and agreed an exit deal. You may (no pun intended) be deluding yourself to the contrary but don't expect us to all fall in line behind you. 

There is no dictatorship, just an elected parliament, you seem to be unable or most likely unwilling to distinguish between the two. Stop it with your project fear language, it just shows that your argument has no substance.

Which of the bordering countries have a fairly recent history of decades of near civil war along the lines of Northern Ireland? If there are none then your point is moot as they could hardly be considered sensible or relevant comparisons.

10 hours ago, Blue Muton said:

It is staggering almost beyond belief that Leavers use the term "project fear" when discussing the EU, when those same leavers continually use wholly inapropriate and unjust language in discussions around the EU and its relationship with the UK.

There is no "forcing" by the EU for the UK to either leave or remain, to suggest otherwise is nonsense.

"protectionist racket"? Nonsense, groundless, childish.

"nounou state"? There is no EU State, rather a collection of individual member States, as for the "nounou" or "nanny" nonsense I guess this is some absurd, twisted reference to the many positive contributions made by the EU to protect human rights, consumer rights and employment rights, which have benefited many millions of its citizens.

Great post and ain't that the god given truth - Leavers Look on and Learn an adult is in the room. 

Amazing that you come up with all the same lines with such regularity given you are such independent thinkers.

We’ve been learning them for 40+ years through experience.
We didn’t need Remainer Central to tell us from the Project Fear play book and other assorted subversion manuals.

That's right. Lunatic websites much better.

Sent from my SM-N935F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

6 hours ago, Loiner said:

Unlike all you greedy and selfish Remainers, moaning and wailing about the exchange rate, it’s not personal for me at all. For myself and most other Leavers, it’s all about what’s best for the UK and 66million others for the future. That’s not to be found in continued EU membership.

And just who are you to decide that ?

Remainers will be happy that the eu is absolutely determined that they are not going to negotiate in the slightest degree ????.....

Of course they always were - and it was always obvious that it would be a slightly fudged version of the May/EU 'deal' - and at the last minute....

On 10/10/2019 at 4:09 PM, puipuitom said:

Then, 

5 June 1975
Results
  Votes %
14px-Yes_check.svg.png Yes 17,378,581 67.23%
14px-X_mark.svg.png No 8,470,073 32.77%
Valid votes 25,848,654 99.79%
Invalid or blank votes 54,540 0.21%
Total votes 25,903,194 100.00%
Registered voters/turnout 40,086,677 64.62%

Then most voted for longer holidays, what they eventually got was an anti democratic EU superstate interfering in every aspect of their lives. In 2016 we voted to get rid of that bureaucratic tyranny to get our country back and we still have the longer holidays!

Archived