Another Aircon question

Destiny1990

What if the aircon in your room is too strong in a way that it becomes uncomfortable to stay because it too fast cools down your room.

Is there a way without changing it for a smaller aircon unit to reset the capacity of the aircon in a lower modus and or can a aircon technician do something about it?

Is always like that, too hot or too cold, specially if not under the blanket while sleeping.
For me the perfect comfortable temp. comes while wearing a sweater (I know this sounds crazy, to run AC and then dress up to be more warm) with 25-26 Celcius. 
Even better is leaving my door open half way, but that is very expensive (my bill is double in the past 6 months).

Maybe your got the dam thing blowing directly on you, if its the bedroom move the bed, any other room move the furniture around if you can, then the remote does have swing control either side by side and up and down you know plus a temp you can set too...

22 minutes ago, AlexRRR said:

Maybe your got the dam thing blowing directly on you, if its the bedroom move the bed, any other room move the furniture around if you can, then the remote does have swing control either side by side and up and down you know plus a temp you can set too...

Yes others have done that by making a shield near to area where the unit blows out the cooled air. This does somewhat prevents the cold air coming directly on them.but ideally I would like the aircon to be run less powerful it has now an overcapacity.

Yes others have done that by making a shield near to area where the unit blows out the cooled air. This does somewhat prevents the cold air coming directly on them.but ideally I would like the aircon to be run less powerful it has now an overcapacity.

Does the fan speed control work?

What is the size of the room?

What is the BTU capacity of the A/C?

Task 1) if the unit is faulty would be to get it fixed.

If the unit is oversize and is not an inverter type then the only fix is to replace it.

On 10/11/2019 at 12:09 AM, Crossy said:

What is the size of the room?

What is the BTU capacity of the A/C?

Task 1) if the unit is faulty would be to get it fixed.

If the unit is oversize and is not an inverter type then the only fix is to replace it.

BTU 24000 and the room size is 26 sqm. Its a split unit.

4 minutes ago, Destiny1990 said:

BTU 24000 and the room size is 26 sqm. Its a split unit.

Conventional Thai wisdom would size at  15,000-18,000 BTU (600-700BTU per m2) for that size room, and that would be somewhat over-size.

The problem with way oversize A/C is that they don't have chance to dry the air before getting the room down to temperature leaving it feeling damp and clammy. You could try running the A/C in "dry" mode. 

Assuming it's not an "inverter" type truly the only fix is to replace it.

18 minutes ago, Crossy said:

Conventional Thai wisdom would size at  15,000-18,000 BTU (600-700BTU per m2) for that size room, and that would be somewhat over-size.

The problem with way oversize A/C is that they don't have chance to dry the air before getting the room down to temperature leaving it feeling damp and clammy. You could try running the A/C in "dry" mode. 

Concur, running in "dry" which shows up as a teardrop symbol on my Hitachi inverter remote works for me.  I cool the room before going to be then set dry mode at 26.  Room stays constant and cool all night.

27 minutes ago, Crossy said:

Completely with you on that, our old bedroom with virtually no insulation was comfortable with a conventional AC and was about 500 BTU per mit was never stretched. 

Now we have great insulation and IGUs but also have inverters so although our bedroom AC is probably oversized even with the smallest we can get it still works well and is very quiet 

On 10/11/2019 at 1:35 AM, Destiny1990 said:

Seems the aircon sensor needs a replacement because it keeps running strong even if put it on 27 degree.

Slide the front cover of the remote control unit downwards and you will see a button called fan...press it several times until you get the fan apeed that suits you....

On 10/13/2019 at 11:56 AM, sometimewoodworker said:

Completely with you on that, our old bedroom with virtually no insulation was comfortable with a conventional AC and was about 500 BTU per mit was never stretched. 

Now we have great insulation and IGUs but also have inverters so although our bedroom AC is probably oversized even with the smallest we can get it still works well and is very quiet 

Are you saying that the AC in dry mode is less noisy?

because besides that my oversized A/C makes it to cold its also kinda noisy the A/C in the normal modus.

7 hours ago, Destiny1990 said:

because besides that my oversized A/C makes it to cold its also kinda noisy the A/C in the normal modus.

No. As far as I know the noise is related to fan speed and type so the mode will have little to no effect.

Our new ACs are inverters so the fans can run at many different speeds and being new the design has improved making less noise.

9 hours ago, Destiny1990 said:

Just can speak for my older Daikin. Yes in Dry Mode it is less noisy because the fan runs at a very low speed. By doing this the fins get very cold and so a lot of water can condense. Also the room temperature is not cooled down too much. 

11 minutes ago, Beggar said:

Just can speak for my older Daikin. Yes in Dry Mode it is less noisy because the fan runs at a very low speed. By doing this the fins get very cold and so a lot of water can condense. Also the room temperature is not cooled down too much. 

Useful to know. The big Mitsubishi cassette also has a temperature setting in dry mode (the little one doesn't) so I don't know the difference between that and normal AC mode.

Archived