Comparing Philippines and Thailand

EricTh

Spent a lot of time in both countries over 30 years as a tourist , but 6 years , more recently , in Issan has given me a a different view of Thailand . I was seriously scammed twice and had a bad argument with a taxi driver in the Philies , but no such problems in Thai . I think Thai is  safer on a day to day basis . Safety is something he didn't address. In the Issan town I lived in , nothing happened at 6pm .

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mugged twice in Manila on short visits, never once anywhere in Thailand in over 30 years.
Can you share your experience of getting mugged and lessons learned?

Ill be in Manila for 10 days and quite worried about this.

1 hour ago, phungo said:

Don't take anything you cannot afford to lose ????

Thailand is very safe, even compared to EU countries. But I don't believe that the Philippines are so bad. I know several people who visited, and none of them got mugged. Just be careful.

On 10/16/2019 at 11:05 AM, yogavnture said:
On 10/15/2019 at 11:58 AM, donnacha said:

Given that you have now posted seven barely comprehensible posts complaining that the posts of others are "gibberish", perhaps deleting your account would be a more effective way to avoid more discussions that are beyond your reading level.

There are many online forums were the level of discourse would make you feel more included. For example, you might find the comments section of YouTube to be intellectually stimulating.

only reason i evenn posted here was due to the sexist comments. i have a zero tolerance for that  

perhaps you mistake this for the SJW forum?

9 hours ago, dimitriv said:
11 hours ago, phungo said:

Don't take anything you cannot afford to lose ????

Thailand is very safe, even compared to EU countries. But I don't believe that the Philippines are so bad. I know several people who visited, and none of them got mugged. Just be careful.

i was mugged in new york city along the east side of central park walking on super expensive street.

mugged once in saigon 15 years agao

still like both cities.

reality is in thailand chances of being crippled or killed in a road accident are significant and consequences more severe than losing money or a watch or phone.

Archived