Bank certificate

Hi

Im doing a settlement visa for my wife and her son and have been told by a agent we are thinking of using that i need bank statements and a bank certificate

No problem with bank statements i have 12 months bank statements but i have never heard of a bank certificate.

I went to the bank to ask about a bank certificate and they were non the wiser either.

Can anyone help and tell me what a bank certificate is or have other people just handed in bank statements and got a visa

Thanks in advance

Sent from my SM-N950F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

You need to download the latest guidelines to check what is needed. I got my online bank statements stamped and dated by the bank. If you can't get that done a letter from the bank validating the statements is needed. If your bank statements are originals that were posted to you they should be fine. Some people don't bother and all is fine but I wouldn’t take the chance.

Following on from our PM exchange the specific guidlines are:

6.5.1 (a) To evidence property rental income:

(i) Confirmation that the person or the person and their partner jointly own the property for which the rental income is received, through:

(1) A copy of the title deeds of the property or of the title register from the Land Registry (or overseas equivalent); or

(2) A mortgage statement.

(ii) Personal bank statements for or from the 12-month period prior to the date of application showing the rental income relied upon was paid into an account in the name of the person or of the person and their partner jointly. The bank statements should cover the period for which the income is relied upon.

(iii) A rental agreement or contract.

Thanks rasg

You need to download the latest guidelines to check what is needed. I got my online bank statements stamped and dated by the bank. If you can't get that done a letter from the bank validating the statements is needed. If your bank statements are originals that were posted to you they should be fine. Some people don't bother and all is fine but I wouldn’t take the chance.

Thank you TOG you help alot and no doubt i will be asking you more questions before i submit the visa
Thanks for your help

Following on from our PM exchange the specific guidlines are:

6.5.1 (a) To evidence property rental income:
(i) Confirmation that the person or the person and their partner jointly own the property for which the rental income is received, through:
(1) A copy of the title deeds of the property or of the title register from the Land Registry (or overseas equivalent); or
(2) A mortgage statement.
(ii) Personal bank statements for or from the 12-month period prior to the date of application showing the rental income relied upon was paid into an account in the name of the person or of the person and their partner jointly. The bank statements should cover the period for which the income is relied upon.
(iii) A rental agreement or contract.

Archived