Marriage and stay permit

Hello, 

I have a few questions and so far I couldn't find any good answers. so please help me.

I will go to Thailand end of this month or November and I'm planning to marry with my gf.

First question, which papers, documents or stuff do I need to marry in there or do I have to bring any documents from my home country (Turkey)? I saw there are some agencies to help for marriage but I don't want to risk it. 

Second question, after I finish the marriage and get the papers and everything, Can I stay in thailand longer than 30 days if yes how do I do that? I assume because of the marriage I should be able to stay but not allowed to work. So how long can I stay? and what do I need to do to stay, I mean to get stay permit?

Thankk you so much. 

Ps. I m not going to do any bad things in thailand. I just want to be with my gf. I was looking for a job more than a year but so far I got nothing so only option is marriage for us. 

Just bring gobs of money...the girl's friends and family will help you make all the proper arrangements.

Getting a job may be problematic...make sure you leave sufficient funds in your home bank to support your new family once you are required to return to your home country.

Enjoy your experience!  ????

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Like Puchaiyank post, you will need a truck load of money. After that it´s just to jump right in.

Your new family will tell you exactly what to do and how everything work regarding the money part.

However, they might not know so much about your options for stay and work. If you feel you get the love you deserve, and that they take care good about you and your money, then you have good choices.

Regarding your stay you will never have to live in fear on tourist visas no more. Here you get the great opportunity to smash another 400k baht into a thai bank account and live on yearly extension without the need to leave the country ever again. That means you can give all your attention to your new fantastic family.

The work situation is not so bad. You just have to be here, continue to apply for open positions. There will sooner or later, (read much later) be a position for you. Just have to hang in there.

I wish you all the best in your new life, and hope you will get many happy and wonderful years in Thailand. ???? 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Just ignore most of what was written in the two previous posts.

For info about what is required to register you marriage at an Amphoe see and ask you questions on the Marriage and divorce forum. Also look at the Turkish embassy in Bangkok website for info on what is required to the doucment they will do for you to register your marriage.

After getting married you can get non immigrant O (non--o) visas at Thai embassies or consulates that allow for a 90 day entry to the country. They are issued as single or multiple entry visas.

You can also get a one year extension of stay based upon marriage to a Thai at immigration or 60 day extension to visit your wife.

You can get a work permit and work with a non-o visa or extension of stay.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1