Change coolant in radiator

toast1

Sorry, but that is just rubbish. Particularly in Asia where antifreeze is not even necessary and rarely used. Maybe you are confusing antifreeze with coolant?

In fact, the Thais are so stingy they often just use plain water, with eventual disastrous results being corrosion, blocked waterways and overheating.

Why is it necessary to divulge you know only poor Thais.?. Sure the Trailer Trash of every Nation cuts corners , but to assume middle class Thais are any different to us is a tad obnoxious.They do tend to bump into things a bit more often I will admit.!.????[emoji85]

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

from what I have learnt in the past; any AntiFreeze/Coolant product can effectively become a corrosion inducer; if it exceeds the 50/50 also can be if diluted below about 20%... 

With that always in mind, one needs to be aware that even if you remove all bungs, all hoses etc - that there will always be quite a quzantity of fluid left in the system aftere you thing it has been drained. 

So; one needs to know the actual capacity of the system, overflows included. 

If you use that 50/50 struff to refill the system; you can be assured the final percentage has been diluted somewhat from your expected 50/50. 

My own system works out to be about 7 L including overflows.

To Initially refill, I simply decant all 2.5L of the Undiluted Concentrate, then complete the Refill, using Distilled/DeMioneralised water only.  

Awaiting the expected bubbles and levelling... I then later complete the Refill process; using same brand stuff, using the 50/50 premixed 

(I buy 2 bottles; one Concentrate, one 50/50) 

later topups with the 50/50

11 hours ago, DaRoadrunner said:

Sorry, but that is just rubbish. Particularly in Asia where antifreeze is not even necessary and rarely used. Maybe you are confusing antifreeze with coolant?

In fact, the Thais are so stingy they often just use plain water, with eventual disastrous results being corrosion, blocked waterways and overheating.

Rubbish....555555

In the UK, UK, UK, every car I have owned or worked on had anti-freeze in it from new or otherwise....And they all fell apart.......????

>Awaiting the expected bubbles and levelling

How do you do this?

One mechanic said just idle it 20min with the radiator cap off
Another said just leave the cap off overnight and the bubbles will come out.

Its an '03 Nissan 1.4 petrol.

Thanks

On 10/15/2019 at 8:22 PM, DaRoadrunner said:

Just for you. Our lad has a 10 year old Honda Civic, his chum works at a Honda dealer and services his car. They topped the coolant up and gave him the half full can for top ups. Two photos of the can below, on the back is in Thai, the front is in English. Read the front carefully....????

anti-freeze2.jpg.8522ea00eb6b94ca889271a7fbc4e222.jpganti-freeze.jpg.f23e571555f052c742c66f6211d6ea93.jpg

Archived