Thailand to demand proof of health insurance for 'risky' long-term visitors

• Replies 721
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So when this stupidity and paranoia ends? this government is going from the silly to the ridiculous, let the government tell us how many non-o visa holders have treated in Thai hospitals and didn't ha

This demand for health insurance goes hand in hand with the government demanding hospitals charge expats multiples of what they charge Thais for the same mediocre procedure...   Way to go Th

I do not have a problem requiring visitors to have health insurance; it is simply a good idea.   However, the quote above leaves me speechless. Are there any valid figures to show a lack of

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, TheAppletons said:

I'm relatively certain that 80,000 number includes extensions of stay for retirement applied for within Thailand, not 80,00 new applicants for O-A visas.  Unless you think the number of retirees in Thailand doubles every year.

This report (https://news.thaivisa.com/article/38177/the-mystery-of-exactly-how-many-expats-live-in-thailand) says:

"According to figures in the 2019 Thailand Migration Report, there are just 150,707 expats residing in Thailand, of those 72,969 are retirees."

150,707 seems like a very low number to me..

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
1 hour ago, mok199 said:

Define 'risky'...

Older, BMI over 30 (obese), smokers, drinkers, mongers. 

The Kingdom should also require travellers insurance for all tourists IMO. 

The Chinese and Indians in Pattaya are some of the most unaware, naive, and mindless foreigners I have ever witnessed

• Like 1
42 minutes ago, steve2112 said:

what about if you already have a non O and are going for married or retirement extension, are they going to want to see insurance for that? if so, i think my days here full time are over.

I was wondering the same thing as I am contemplating going from a retirement extension to a marriage visa. 

48 minutes ago, steve2112 said:

what about if you already have a non O and are going for married or retirement extension, are they going to want to see insurance for that? if so, i think my days here full time are over.

can anyone answer my question above, i just googled it and not clear at all

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1