BANGKOK
webfact

Thailand to demand proof of health insurance for 'risky' long-term visitors

1 minute ago, Mark mark said:

That is what I thought, but like the guy from up at Changmai, that is NOT what they told me. ... Yes 2 months would be MUCH better, ... but that is NOT what they told me. I will ask again next month.

Show them the police order. Unlike lots of things in police order, that is very clear. 

1 minute ago, Jingthing said:

Show them the police order. Unlike lots of things in police order, that is very clear. 

Hmmmm, Arguing with the People that I hope will be extending my Visa .... with out to many Problems ! ? .... Probably not a very good idea. ... Do you have a quick link to the Police order, just there and easy to put on ? ... I have looked at the Immigration site, so I am not just being Lazy, ... but with out very much luck really. Though I do suppose that it is there some where. ...

Just now, Mark mark said:

Hmmmm, Arguing with the People that I hope will be extending my Visa .... with out to many Problems ! ? .... Probably not a very good idea. ... Do you have a quick link to the Police order, just there and easy to put on ? ... I have looked at the Immigration site, so I am not just being Lazy, ... but with out very much luck really. Though I do suppose that it is there some where. ...

Ask Ubonjoe. 

Obviously you need to be polite about it but they are simply WRONG with their current rules. 

1 hour ago, Mark mark said:

That is what I thought, but like the guy from up at Changmai, that is NOT what they told me. ... Yes 2 months would be MUCH better, ... but that is NOT what they told me. I will ask again next month.

The police order clearly states 2 months before applying for the extension,starting March 1. 

• Like 1

On 10/19/2019 at 5:47 AM, Wazoo said:

Agree. No thai should receive free health care in europe as pay back for this call. 

I do not think Thais get free health care in Europe unless they are working legally there, in which case they are also paying their national insurance contributions after all the taxes.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Perhaps2more said:

I do not think Thais get free health care in Europe unless they are working legally there, in which case they are also paying their national insurance contributions after all the taxes.

That's correct, Thai (foreign)  spouses/partners) of UK citizens who are on settlement visa's are required to take out government backed health insurance which is 400 Pounds per year (actually it's a surcharge but it's the same thing).

Edited by saengd
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, saengd said:

That's correct, Thai (foreign)  spouses/partners) of UK citizens who are on settlement visa's are required to take out government backed health insurance which is 400 Pounds per year (actually it's a surcharge but it's the same thing).

Only 400 pounds per year for medical insurance!?  That's cheap.   

6 minutes ago, Pib said:

Only 400 pounds per year for medical insurance!?  That's cheap.   

I suspect most of the spouses on settlement visa's are under 40, that 400 Pounds per year is about 16,000 baht per year which is similar to Pacific Cross health insurance in Thailand at 20,000 baht per year for people aged 36-40.

17 minutes ago, saengd said:

I suspect most of the spouses on settlement visa's are under 40, that 400 Pounds per year is about 16,000 baht per year which is similar to Pacific Cross health insurance in Thailand at 20,000 baht per year for people aged 36-40.

If that 400 pounds/year also applies to any age group...even over 40...over 50...etc....then it's a good deal.

• Like 2

I would be interested to know how the Government will decide on whether someone is "risky" or not. Will it be by age, heath check or just pointing a finger?

A post in violation of fair use policy has been removed:

14) You will not post any copyrighted material except as fair use laws apply (as in the case of news articles). Please only post a link, the headline and the first three sentences.

On 10/20/2019 at 5:37 PM, nong38 said:

I would be interested to know how the Government will decide on whether someone is "risky" or not. Will it be by age, heath check or just pointing a finger?

My guess is that anyone without black hair and brown eyes would be considered a risk!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, PatOngo said:

My guess is that anyone without black hair and brown eyes would be considered a risk!

Not many black hair among retirees. More likely grey or white :wink:

1 minute ago, Pattaya46 said:

Not many black hair among retirees. More likely grey or white :wink:

Exactly, white hair, brown hair, blond hair, red hair, grey hair will be deemed a risk, basically....anyone who wasn't born here!

• Like 1