BANGKOK
Genmai

Has the sexpat scene totally destroyed the dating scene for 20s-30s farang? (Younger guys not getting any love in Thailand due to negative association)

5 hours ago, donnacha said:

That seems to be missing just how much the supply has increased.

There may be more 20 year old women saying that they won't sleep with a guy over 40 (and, seriously, are we now saying that 40 is old?!), but the reality is that, if ten times more women are being promiscuous, there are a lot more opportunities for everyone. I would also guess that a significant portion of women would quite enjoy older guys no matter what they may claim on their profiles - more women than ever now have "daddie issues".

Also, never forget, the Internet makes it waaaaay more possible for people to discreetly pursue their fetishes. Married men can hook up with transvestites (or even be transvestites) without their wives ever knowing. A girl who likes really obese men can screw as many as she wants without ever being embarrassed in front of her friends about it. Young men can connect with horny cougars. Men who like younger girls can safely connect with them ... the same girl who might ignore an older guy in a club might be entirely open to just turning up at a hotel. Humans have strange and varied tastes, and the Internet is opening doors like never before.

If there's one thing the internet has actually done,

its given the young guy newbies a dose of reality

that Thai women dont really want em' for their good looks, charm, big willy etc etc.

lol

• Like 2

9 hours ago, donnacha said:

Most Westerners are not here to give money to hookers, although some may occasionally dabble. They are primarily here because the quality of regular, normal, non-hooker women 

and, of course,  because of the beautiful temples 🙂

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Banged a 23 year old in the UK when I was being divorced at age 52.

No money involved, apart from the occasional half pint of 'Rattler'.

My son didn't like it, said it was wrong for me to be sleeping with a girl that was in his class in high school.

My dad's married to woman 1 year younger than me that was a year level below me at school. When I found I high fived him and bought him a beer. They've now got 2 kids and have been together for over 15 years. 

If only I can be doing that well at his age 555

• Like 1

21 hours ago, donnacha said:

That seems to be missing just how much the supply has increased.

There may be more 20 year old women saying that they won't sleep with a guy over 40 (and, seriously, are we now saying that 40 is old?!), but the reality is that, if ten times more women are being promiscuous, there are a lot more opportunities for everyone. I would also guess that a significant portion of women would quite enjoy older guys no matter what they may claim on their profiles - more women than ever now have "daddie issues".

Also, never forget, the Internet makes it waaaaay more possible for people to discreetly pursue their fetishes. Married men can hook up with transvestites (or even be transvestites) without their wives ever knowing. A girl who likes really obese men can screw as many as she wants without ever being embarrassed in front of her friends about it. Young men can connect with horny cougars. Men who like younger girls can safely connect with them ... the same girl who might ignore an older guy in a club might be entirely open to just turning up at a hotel. Humans have strange and varied tastes, and the Internet is opening doors like never before.

I may have had a lot of one night stands, but I was always looking for miss right. I'm pretty sure that a 20 year old woman would not be bringing a 40 year old man home to mother and father in a western country, so even if it were possible, I wouldn't have gone that route back home. 

In Thailand it's not unusual for a 20 year old Thai girl to bring a 40, 50 or even 60 year old man home to the parents, depending if she was a BG or not.

I love LOS.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Banged a 23 year old in the UK when I was being divorced at age 52.

No money involved, apart from the occasional half pint of 'Rattler'.

My son didn't like it, said it was wrong for me to be sleeping with a girl that was in his class in high school.

That's what he said, but what he really thought was that he wanted to bonk her and was PO that you had got there first:-)

On 10/11/2019 at 12:42 AM, donnacha said:

No, that is the best parallel precisely because it is so extreme. If the natural attraction between men and women is so strong that it overcomes even being a hated occupier, I think the OP has a pretty good chance of making a connection with a Thai woman if he just relaxes and plays it smart.

Yeah, suspect you are missing a few nuances there. 

The word blithe springs to mind. 

22 hours ago, metempsychotic said:

The word blithe springs to mind. 

Perhaps, if your mind is going to start springing words, you might ask it to supply some that make a little more sense in this context, or even just to make your thinking a little sharper in general if you are to attempt the tricky stunt of expanding the frontiers of virtue signaling. 

Perhaps your brain, more fully-engaged, could help you to pick a better target than someone referring to a historical phenomenon that happened thousands of times and is widely documented: French women falling for the charms of the occupying German forces. There might be some sense to your objection if I had referred to, say, Jewish women sleeping with concentration camp guards. Perhaps you were confused and thought that was what I meant - people often get their history confused - but you really should read posts properly and think twice before responding publicly if you find it difficult to process basic facts.

Edited by donnacha

Simple Dude,your too young to have the money they want unless your extremly rich,and if you where you would be picking up tasty european chicks,don't forget for most of them it ain't how you look,is the size of your wallet.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, donnacha said:

French women falling for the charms of the occupying German forces.

Sure about that?

IMO it was more that having a relationship with a German offered benefits that not being in a relationship did not. Of course that ended when the Germans were defeated and they were beaten and had their hair cut off.

More about the benefits than Germanic good looks.

Which is exactly the same as young Thai women going with ugly fat old farangs- it's all about the benefits.

6 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Sure about that?

Yes. We have ample examples - in literature, family histories, and contemporary reporting - of men and women on both sides who legitimately fell in love during this and every other occupation during recorded history.

Yes, every civilization has hookers, but not all French women were hookers anymore than all Thai women are hookers today. Yes, the sex industry will always exist, but even in Thailand that activity is dwarfed by regular, loving relationships between men and women. It is what humans do. I would bet that, even on this forum, the vast majority of members are in a regular, long-term relationship and, regardless of how they may have dabbled in bars during their first few years in Thailand, have little interest in the prostitution scene now. You might feel that way yourself one day.

6 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Which is exactly the same as young Thai women going with ugly fat old farangs- it's all about the benefits.

We never know as much as we presume we do about the lives of other people.

On 10/16/2019 at 7:40 PM, donnacha said:

Yes. We have ample examples - in literature, family histories, and contemporary reporting - of men and women on both sides who legitimately fell in love during this and every other occupation during recorded history.

Yes, every civilization has hookers, but not all French women were hookers anymore than all Thai women are hookers today. Yes, the sex industry will always exist, but even in Thailand that activity is dwarfed by regular, loving relationships between men and women. It is what humans do. I would bet that, even on this forum, the vast majority of members are in a regular, long-term relationship and, regardless of how they may have dabbled in bars during their first few years in Thailand, have little interest in the prostitution scene now. You might feel that way yourself one day.

Family histories? Right, the families will really want to tell everyone that granny was a whore that slept with the enemy so she could have a good time while her country men and women suffered.

A good French woman would never have stooped so low.

regular, loving relationships between men and women.

Sorry I haven't noticed many of those among people I know. The odd exception of course, but there is always an exception.

Everyone I know, bar a few, are divorced, and some that are still together shouldn't be. It's probably just for the sake of the kids.

regardless of how they may have dabbled in bars during their first few years in Thailand, have little interest in the prostitution scene now. You might feel that way yourself one day.
Do tell?

I give you your own quote

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

A good French woman would never have stooped so low.

Okay.

I enjoy a good argument as much as anyone, but there are times when one must shake one's head and recognize that the other person's perception of reality is unmoored to anything that most humans would recognize as facts or commonly-held understandings.

I wish you good luck but there is really very little point in wasting your time or mine on further discussions on any subject, the gap in logic and education is simply insurmountable.

7 minutes ago, donnacha said:

Okay.

I enjoy a good argument as much as anyone, but there are times when one must shake one's head and recognize that the other person's perception of reality is unmoored to anything that most humans would recognize as facts or commonly-held understandings.

I wish you good luck but there is really very little point in wasting your time or mine on further discussions on any subject, the gap in logic and education is simply insurmountable.

I'm sorry that you feel your logic and education is lacking.

It's been real, but

May the road rise to meet you
May the wind be always at your back
May the sun shine warm upon your face
The rains fall soft upon your fields
May the sun make your days bright
May the stars illuminate your nights
May the flowers bloom along your path
Your house stand firm against the storm