Has the sexpat scene totally destroyed the dating scene for 20s-30s farang? (Younger guys not getting any love in Thailand due to negative association)

Genmai

It was suggested one has a friendly talk/telling jokes etc etc.
Great! If it wasn't for the Language-Barrier! Few Farangs speak "good"-Thai. Few Thai's speak "good" English. Remarkably, BG's with 2 years "experiance" usually speak better English than the average Thai university student.

Thailand is not the turf for great Farang "conversationalists".

Truly successful Farang "Lady-Killers" go by the Motto:

"A fat wallet talkes louder than a thousand words".

William Shakespeare and me.

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply
40 minutes ago, donnacha said:

No, that is the best parallel precisely because it is so extreme. If the natural attraction between men and women is so strong that it overcomes even being a hated occupier, I think the OP has a pretty good chance of making a connection with a Thai woman if he just relaxes and plays it smart.

Well, I see from your avatar that you are a Brexit supporter but you should not let the recent virtue signaling from the (unelected) prime minister of Ireland turn you against a people who are fundamentally warm friends of the British. Our genes and our histories are intermingled to a ridiculous extent.

Personally, I feel that the current Irish leadership are missing the chance to extend a real hand of friendship to a country that will be important to us long after the EU has collapsed. These idiots have entirely missed the big picture and think it is more important to be praised by The Guardian and the BBC.

If you put aside all the current politics, and really think about it, what I am saying is borne out by the enduring popularity of Irish presenters on British TV, all the way from Eamon Andrews to Terry Wogan (even during the troubles) and through to Graham Norton and Dara O'Brian today. The tiny country of Ireland consistently produces some of the most-loved personalities in British media precisely because the Irish are good at a certain style of easy-going charm. For someone like the OP, that is not a bad template to start from.

Well you might have guessed I was just joking about. I hope so. I have friends from all over the UK and Ireland and I love all of these countries. It would take a lot more than the present Taoiseach to alter my feelings about the Irish and Ireland.

Yes. I am a Brexit supporter. My main worry about Brexit is that the effect of it on the UK could be risky to the union itself. I don't want Scotland or NI to split off, although I understand that Ireland may well reunite further on down the road. Of course if the Scots determine they want to go their own way, then they should be free to do that, but I hope they don't. I know quite a few Scots well and not one of them is pro independence.

People think I'm nuts but if there was to be a united Ireland, I think it would actually be better for it to become part of the UK, not the EU. I know that our history makes that thought difficult but I don't think the EU, as it is, is a good path to follow for any country.

I agree with your comment about idiots missing the big picture and hope it all works out for the best one day. 

Cheers.

Tall, handsome, smart clothes and well-groomed? How long have you been in Thailand? Forget all that, get yourself one of those sleeveless Chang Beer t-shirts and turn up with at least 20,000 baht in your wallet, you'll be beating them off with a sh!tty stick.

3 hours ago, brokenbone said:

im against interracial sex, it clearly isnt natures intent

I think Tiger Woods would disagree with you, and he could probably buy and sell you with his pocket change. What an ignorant comment.

4 hours ago, brokenbone said:

Wow!

Well I'm hoping this this is some ironic humor, which is clearly lost on me.

But, if it isn't, I sincerely hope you're not having sex with any Thai females, since if you hadn't noticed they are a different race to you!

8 hours ago, whitemouse said:

What complicated Thailand especially, culturally, male is expected to "take care" of the female, and that care is expected to extend to her family. It may be hard to detect if you are taken advantage of, or what is a legitimate role of a man. 

Yet there is at least one foreigner on here who claims his wife works a government job and takes care of his financial needs as well as his health insurance as her job allows spouses to be covered.

Just saying all relationships do not follow the same cultural norms.

4 hours ago, nauseus said:

People think I'm nuts but if there was to be a united Ireland, I think it would actually be better for it to become part of the UK, not the EU. I know that our history makes that thought difficult but I don't think the EU, as it is, is a good path to follow for any country.

Yes, agree with every word of that but, in Ireland, it is considered to be so far beyond the realm of sanity that it is not worth even trying to point out the basic facts. We have no courageous, outside-the-box thinkers such as Peter Hitchens or Douglas Murray to even challenge the conventional wisdom.

Actually, the history between England and Ireland is not as problematic as some people make out. Notably, the Easter Rising of 1916 had almost no public support. Massively more families had men off fighting for the British in the First World War. Most people considered the rebels to be hot-headed idiots, much like the Extinction Rebellion protestors today.

What swung public opinion completely in the other direction was the way in which the British Army officer in command decided to make an example and execute 16 rebels, including one who did not know about about the rising until it actually began, and another who did not even take part in it. Even of those who were involved in the planning, they were mostly poets and young idiots misled by older lunatics who no one took seriously.

Handled a little less vindictively, the Easter Rising would have been just a minor blip in history, soon forgotten. Ireland would have remained in the UK, would not have experienced the horrors of the War of Independence and the Irish Civil War, would have fed the British and fought alongside them in WWII, the UK economy who have been less mangled by the cost of that war, the Catholics in Northern Ireland would not have found themselves a minority in an apartheid province that should never have existed, and the combined larger economic system would have giving the UK more leverage within the EU, possibly steering the whole shambles in a more democratic direction.

Right now, everyone is focused on Brexit and not paying attention to just how fragile the Euro and the European Union are. As we enter a more decentralized age, I can't help but feel that a superstate is an attempt to answer the questions of the last century. If the whole thing does end up collapsing, I would like to see a reinvention of the United Kingdom in which Ireland rejoins and all the constituent countries gain slightly more autonomy but under the shared goal of using our shared history, cultures, and talents to improve the futures of all our people. I just hope the current idiots in the Irish government, high on adulation from the UK elites, don't forever sour our relationship with the actual people of Britain.

1 hour ago, GinBoy2 said:
5 hours ago, brokenbone said:

Wow!

But, if it isn't, I sincerely hope you're not having sex with any Thai females, since if you hadn't noticed they are a different race to you!

Biologically "natures intent" mandates we have sex and procreate with other races. So just the opposite

Survival of the species depends on it.  

1 hour ago, GinBoy2 said:

Wow!

course not, its against nature and decency,

the fact we are incompatible should give you a clue

11 minutes ago, Skallywag said:

Yet there is at least one foreigner on here who claims his wife works a government job and takes care of his financial needs as well as his health insurance as her job allows spouses to be covered.

Just saying all relationships do not follow the same cultural norms.

Actually, the woman taking care of the man if her family is richer is not against the cultural norms of the Thai middle classes, it is actually quite common, far more common than in the West.

I know of one family in which the highly competent Thai woman married a nice but not terribly driven Thai man, it was 90% her drive and determination that allowed them to build up a nice business over several decades. They had two daughters who inherited the mother's competence and work ethic. Both married far more relaxed men, much like their father, one a Thai and one a farang. The men help out with the family business, but are in no way the driving force, they are essentially being looked after and do not pretend otherwise. Everyone seems to be okay with the arrangement.

I see the same pattern quite frequently, seems to be a quintessentially Thai phenomenon.

10 minutes ago, brokenbone said:

yeah, breed a horse with a rabbit and see how its hummin along

Horse and rabbit are not the same species. 5555

Race is associated with biology, whereas ethnicity is associated with culture. In biology, races are genetically distinct populations within the same species; they typically have relatively minor morphological and genetic differences.

4 minutes ago, brokenbone said:

in case it slipped you, he is a negro and should stick to other negros

Are you being sarcastic - or are you a mindless follower of some religious corporation whose God tells you who you can have sex with?  5555

3 minutes ago, Skallywag said:

Horse and rabbit are not the same species. 5555

Race is associated with biology, whereas ethnicity is associated with culture. In biology, races are genetically distinct populations within the same species; they typically have relatively minor morphological and genetic differences.

you will run into the same issue if you try to cross breed

a pet cat with a lion, keep the races clean and separated

12 minutes ago, Skallywag said:

Are you being sarcastic - or are you a mindless follower of some religious corporation whose God tells you who you can have sex with?  5555

no, just common sense with experience,

i know for a fact we arent dimensioned to cross breed. replace god with nature and you are spot on, nature rules out cross breeding

17 minutes ago, brokenbone said:

course not, its against nature and decency,

the fact we are incompatible should give you a clue

Indeed. Prince Philip and Queen Elizabeth should divorce, he's Greek. Obama has a Kenyan father and American mother. The current world No. 1 woman tennis player, Ash Barty, is part-Aboriginal. Trump is of German descent, his wife is Ukrainian. Tiger Woods is African -American father, Thai mother. You'd pass up sex with Sharapova because she's Russian?

Hybridization is nature's way of insuring against inbreeding.

BTW, I'm not giving up sex with my Thai GF on the basis of your daft opinion. ClueLESS.

23 minutes ago, brokenbone said:

in case it slipped you, he is a negro and should stick to other negros

Try repeating that term in front of a black person, and see where it gets you. It's a pity I can't sell tickets.

I am by no means a "negative" person (can't stick them) but unfortunately my answer to your question will sound like exactly that.

The "younger" foreigner is less attractive to a Thai lady because she assumes he would not be a good "catch" because he is not lightly to have as much money as the older ones.

PS....Some would also say he wants boom booms too much...where the older man doesn't (can't).

The young 30 year old seems to forget that Thai ladies know they will get burned

by younger men. Why go through that again ? Your assumption that older men are

" pervy " sums you up quite nicely.  Older men provide stability to their younger

wives or girlfriends ( as well as their families ). Older men don't " wander off "

like younger men ( Generally speaking, of course ).

You're obviously too " young " to understand - but in time, you will.

Older and Wiser.

On 10/10/2019 at 3:50 AM, Genmai said:

My real-life discussions are strictly vanilla

That sounds like the answer to me. If you can't make a 7-11 staff member laugh, maybe you need to learn to flirt. Because vanilla anything does not contain actual vanilla bean seeds is mai sanuk!

34 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Trump is of German descent, his wife is Ukrainian.

Melania Trump is an American who was born in a part of Yugoslavia that is now in Slovenia. Her town of birth is actually closer to France, Spain and Belgium than Ukraine.

Despite the clear hopes of the American media, it would appear that the only person about to get f*cked by a Ukrainian is Joe Biden.

Trump is an American of part German, part Scottish, and part Pawnee Indian descent.

Very strange OP.

The older boys are picking up mostly (not all) used goods that nobody else wants. The younger guys with good jobs (not your 30k a month TELF crew), like myself, can have a field day here nowadays with the younger educated and more westernised generation of Thai women. The bar girl scene is just tragic to be honest and something I hope I am never involved in. 

I am married now, but it was good fun being here single recently in my mid - late 20s. My single mates now in their late 20s and early 30s here are seeing some stunning women at times. Head around the nicer parts of Sukhumvit on a Friday and Saturday night and you will see normal good looking foreigners with very attractive Thai women. 

26 minutes ago, dotpoom said:

The "younger" foreigner is less attractive to a Thai lady because she assumes he would not be a good "catch" because he is not lightly to have as much money as the older ones.

PS....Some would also say he wants boom booms too much...where the older man doesn't (can't).

I think the boom boom thing mainly applies to bar girls who have already been shagged senseless too many times to count.

Most regular Thai women have plenty of interest in sex and will not be happy to find themselves in a sexless relationship. They want the money AND the sex ????

32 minutes ago, BobbyL said:

The older boys are picking up mostly (not all) used goods that nobody else wants.

It cracks me up when the relatively inexperienced guys presume that the "older boys" are desperately grabbing whatever "used goods" they can get, while failing to realize that their own sweet, innocent lady has been "used" far more, and from a far younger age, than they could possibly imagine.

Especially, now, with Tinder, WeChat and all the dating sites, it has become possible for the supposed "good girls" from middle class families to go 100% freak n' ho from a very young age, juggling multiple sugar daddies without anyone ever knowing a thing.

One thing that does come with age is a keener sense of character and a greater ability to see past the glossy good looks that can hide some true monsters.

On 10/10/2019 at 3:29 AM, Genmai said:

Like I don't think I've ever managed to get a 7/11 girl to smile in 4 years.

That is very very strange and maybe that should be one of your first questions (in your head): Why?

I am middle aged, lots of kg (fat is such a negative word), and many 7/11 girls smile at me. And sometimes I joke with them and all is fine.

That is definitely one of the reasons why I like to stay in Thailand. Back "home" most people in shops never smiled. Here many smile.

Maybe next time you go to a 7/11 wear a clown's nose or something like that. That will make them smile. ???? 

302761_268373186521197_100000455539030_1

Archived