Has the sexpat scene totally destroyed the dating scene for 20s-30s farang? (Younger guys not getting any love in Thailand due to negative association)

Genmai

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/10/2019 at 7:34 PM, Beardog said:

You need to have wit & be able to captivate the gals with your wit. At least 6-1 gals to guys but the Thai girls if you haven't noticed already have one or 2 kids by the time they are 18(a rough estimate)

Those with 2 kids by 18 are the ones you meet at a bar and tell you they are cashier

The non-whore Thai part of world doesn't have 2 kids by 18

But you won't know, because they don't dream about 65 years old, bald retiree as their boyfriend

17 hours ago, FritsSikkink said:

sex for money, this isn't love for money.

That's not what he said. BGs love money so they rent the only thing they have that can make them a lot of money in a short time. Working in a sweat shop or as a maid they will never get ahead in life.

If BGs were not willing to rent it there would be no farang bar scene in LOS.

Ergo, love of money drives the sex industry. 

22 hours ago, BobbyL said:

You do realise that a large percentage of Thai women aren't in the sex game and are therefore not being 'used' by every Tom, Dick and Harry. 

It would be interesting to know your age as I assume if you're an older gentleman I highly doubt you have had any real interactions with Thai women in their mid - late 20s apart from the sex scene. 

Not a large percentage. It's MOST Thai women are not on the game.

Unfortunately many give it away for free to ratbags that get them pregnant and then abandon them.

Even worse, many support a ratbag while working as a BG.

On 10/10/2019 at 7:14 PM, donnacha said:

Suggestion: Next time you are in a small, not-too-busy 7/11 with a pretty assistant, say you have a headache and ask for her advice on what to get. If her replies are good, be sure to compliment her English and ask if she is a student. Pretend to be extremely impressed by whatever crappy course she is studying. Then cut it short by thanking her warmly for the pill recommendation and leave.

Then, next time you are there, thank her again, the headache pills worked great. If she doesn't know what you're talking about ... it doesn't matter ... just laugh and that will cue her to laugh too. The point is that you have now established some shared history and rapport with her.

Are women that dumb that they will succumb to a bit of chat?

I've heard all the stories about that sort of thing, but put it down to urban myth.

29 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I've heard all the stories about that sort of thing, but put it down to urban myth.

I think the idea is to make first contact. It seem lots of guy don't know what to say so they say nothing and make no contacts at all.

1 minute ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I think the idea is to make first contact. It seem lots of guy don't know what to say so they say nothing and make no contacts at all.

If I were a 7 11 checkout girl and a young farang tried to make contact with me, I'd assume his motive was to get my knickers off, and then <deleted> off back home, wherever that was, because young farang guys don't normally get to live in LOS.

What happens after that depends if I liked a bit of nookie from total strangers about which I knew nothing. After all, if I enjoyed a bit of nookie from total strangers about which I knew nothing I'd be working in a bar or club where I could make way more than the pittance 7 11 was paying me. If I was working in a 7 11, it'd be because I didn't want to have a bit of nookie from total strangers about which I knew nothing.

However, it could be that some girls are so dumb they think young farangs are just out to take them to nice restaurants, buy presents for them and be satisfied with a peck on the cheek, like farang girls do back home where that does happen.

Far as I can see, young farangs want to chat up 7 11 girls because they're too skint to pay for it and think their hair and slim bodies will win fair maiden.

2 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

If I were a 7 11 checkout girl and a young farang tried to make contact with me, I'd assume his motive was to get my knickers off, and then <deleted> off back home,

I'd be OK with that if I thought a weeks wages would also be involved.

2 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

If I were a 7 11 checkout girl and a young farang tried to make contact with me, I'd assume his motive was to get my knickers off, and then <deleted> off back home, wherever that was, because young farang guys don't normally get to live in LOS.

What happens after that depends if I liked a bit of nookie from total strangers about which I knew nothing. After all, if I enjoyed a bit of nookie from total strangers about which I knew nothing I'd be working in a bar or club where I could make way more than the pittance 7 11 was paying me. If I was working in a 7 11, it'd be because I didn't want to have a bit of nookie from total strangers about which I knew nothing.

However, it could be that some girls are so dumb they think young farangs are just out to take them to nice restaurants, buy presents for them and be satisfied with a peck on the cheek, like farang girls do back home where that does happen.

Far as I can see, young farangs want to chat up 7 11 girls because they're too skint to pay for it and think their hair and slim bodies will win fair maiden.

Mostly I agree with you except the part why those girls don't work in a bar.

I think the question is more: Why don't they work in a bar until now?

I met a couple of bar girls who worked at 7/11 or coffee shops before they became bar girls. 

I didn't ask them for more details (because I don't expect to hear the truth) but I wouldn't be surprised if some of those 7/11 girls went out with one or the other customer and maybe they left some money on the bed. And after a while she realizes that why should she work in a 7/11 when that other income is so much better.

But a lot of innocent girls will still work at 7/11 - before some of them will move to more profitable jobs.

2 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I'd be OK with that if I thought a weeks wages would also be involved.

Oooh, you are naughty!

I'd hold out for dinner at a posh restaurant, and some gold as well as a weeks wages and then only if he wore a condom.

I don't think I'd be getting very far with that though as those young guys- they think they're god's gift to women and should be getting dinner paid for them, and a bareback freebie to boot.

On 10/10/2019 at 12:40 AM, GinBoy2 said:

Oh come on, get real.

In 80% of cases the older sexpat community is focussed on poor bargirls, who regardless of the age difference, will 'love' you regardless of how old, how fat, how stupid you are, so long as the money keeps flowing.

If you are are young farang, sorry to say, normal dating rules as who would expect in your home country apply.

So I'd just bone up on your pickup skills, and stay out of hooker bars, the sexpat scene has little or no impact on 'normal' relationships

He says hes looking for love! 555 In Thailand! If he wants sex he should do the honourable thing and pay for it! If he's looking for love and marriage he better be wealthy and Chinese. Do not apply western sexual standards to Thai girls. They are not easy sluts like western girls. If he does get the pants of a regular girl chances are she's a whore just playing the long game and fundamentally dishonest, flawed or neurotic. Stick with reliable,  honest bar girls.

No decent younger woman will want you as you are clearly a playboy in their eyes. Unless you are paying for them. 

These women who like older men seek stability more than money. They want an older foreigner because they are mostly past the playboy stage and can provide a better and stable life for the woman.. Unlike men at your age who roam from woman to woman. 

38 minutes ago, thesetat2013 said:

No decent younger woman will want you as you are clearly a playboy in their eyes. Unless you are paying for them. 

These women who like older men seek stability more than money. They want an older foreigner because they are mostly past the playboy stage and can provide a better and stable life for the woman.. Unlike men at your age who roam from woman to woman. 

Decent Thai women won't want to go out with farangs as assumed they will want sex and good Thai girls need to be virgins to get the big sin sod. They ain't going to be risking the million baht sin sod for a bit of rumpy with a randy farang boy. 

I'd have to say that there is something wrong in your game plan.  Maybe you are giving off the wrong vibe.  Not sure what it is without observing.  I know that back in the 90's I had a number of expat friends in their early 30's who had Thai girls just clamoring to get with them. These were not bar girls.  These were girls that went to ISB or Patana and then went to the USA, UK, or OZ for grad school.  They were lookers too!

5 hours ago, sunnyboy2018 said:

He says hes looking for love! 555 In Thailand! If he wants sex he should do the honourable thing and pay for it! If he's looking for love and marriage he better be wealthy and Chinese. Do not apply western sexual standards to Thai girls. They are not easy sluts like western girls. If he does get the pants of a regular girl chances are she's a whore just playing the long game and fundamentally dishonest, flawed or neurotic. Stick with reliable,  honest bar girls.

What a load of rubbish. 

Most thais, and Asians in general, dislike mainland Chinese. 

Most TV stars in Thailand are mixed european/american - Thai for a reason. Luk Kreung are popular in media since decades. 

If you think Thai girls don't like sex you must life in another country than I do. 

4 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Decent Thai women won't want to go out with farangs as assumed they will want sex and good Thai girls need to be virgins to get the big sin sod. They ain't going to be risking the million baht sin sod for a bit of rumpy with a randy farang boy. 

LOL good Thai women don't give a damn about sin sod, they prefer to be independent, do what they want, have a job and their families have likely enough money anyway. 

Welcome to 2019.

7 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

And that`s to good thing about Thailand. If you look decent, it`s enough to be smart, funny and friendly. I`ve even talked to women here in the malls, when I saw them and thought `wow`. A genuine `I just saw you and I really like your style...I`m XYZ and you?` always worked for me. Sure there will be always women, who don`t speak English or are in a hurry (or have a bf :)). But I`ve never experienced a <deleted> face/ rude reaction (in contrast to Europe, where most women would feel bothered and not see it as a compliment)

That`s why Thailand is a paradise for smart and authentic guys. No need to play those fake BS games like in Europe to impress a woman.

On 10/9/2019 at 11:10 PM, sunnyboy2018 said:

If you refer to yourself as a farang then you are a loser. It is not polite

A person from a different country

ชาวต่างชาติ..

Chaw chang Chati

is the polite term.

Anway you should be paying for sex in Thailand not trying to get it for free unless you are on the marriage route.

Don't refer to yourself as a "chawchangchati". No one would understand you. How would that even be spelled? ชาวช้างชาที? (makes no sense, something about an elephant).

On 10/12/2019 at 12:25 AM, thaibeachlovers said:

Seriously? I presume you have had relationships. So, how did you manage to avoid that universal first step?

Women are not "succumbing to a bit of chat". They have an innate ability to process a huge range of signals during any interaction you have with them. Same as in every country, that "bit of chat" is a woman's opportunity to run you through a filter and work out if you are weird / drunk / dangerous unhygienic / crass / poor etc. Most importantly, it tells her that you are socially courageous and confident enough to convey the compliment of signaling clearly that you like her.

It does not matter if you meet a girl in a 7/11, or via online dating, or at work, or in a bar, or as part of an arranged marriage. There is no way to avoid that initial meeting and assessment. It is certainly not an urban myth, it is universal.

On 10/12/2019 at 1:08 AM, thaibeachlovers said:

On 10/12/2019 at 1:08 AM, thaibeachlovers said:

Some of the sentiments you and a few other members here express give me the impression that you are all too deep into the world of paid sex. Please accept that I am being sincere when I say that you are seriously underselling yourselves. In particular, many of you seem to be applying modern feminist biases that simply have no traction beyond the deeply broken situation between men and women in the West.

Almost universally, women are flattered and happy when men express an interest in them in a friendly, polite, non-creepy and non-threatening manner. Even very beautiful girls will be impressed if you can express your attraction to her in a subtle, contextually astute manner, because it demonstrates intelligence, courage and a delicacy that suggests you would not turn out to be a problem if she did get involved with her. The ability to convey some personality or even make her laugh is the ultimate ace to play.

If you subtly express your interest, it allows her to subtly indicate that she is interested or not interested. If she is interested, well done. If she is not, it could be for any reason, most likely that she is already in a relationship, or you have ginger hair. If you can smoothly accept that polite rejection, in a way that causes neither of you to lose face, you earn big brownie points. You often find that someone you flirted with in an adept manner ends up recommending you to a friend - men with that level of social skill are a precious commodity, and every Thai woman has friends who are in search of a good guy.

By 20, most Thai girls have learned that a guy with average looks but a sense of decency, sobriety, and the ability to make her laugh is a better prospect than an extremely handsome guy who is shallow or feckless. Her real job is not working in 7/11, or studying in the university, or whatever. Her real job is to find a good partner with whom she can establish a real connection, meaning he is more likely to stick around and raise a family.

Women in the West are currently more unhappy than at any time since polling began. They are weighed down with impossibly conflicting criteria regarding relationships. They have allowed themselves to be persuaded that the most important reproductive right is the ability to terminate their pregnancies. They are told that "A woman needs a man like a fish needs a bicycle" and are urged to focus on their careers above all else.

It is considered heresy among women to point out the dire situation of previous generations of "liberated" women who, now, in their 30s and 40s are running over the cliff of biological reality. "Success" for women in the West seems to result in having to rush into a relationship with a man you frankly feel is beneath you, a man whose primary virtue is that he is available and willing to start a family with a women past her biological prime. Then often follows the grim march of IVF treatments, egg freezing, and other attempts to hack the reality that they have left it too late.

The result of this evangelical hostility towards men in the West is that most younger guys have got this completely twisted approach to women. They cannot chat them up because that is now, apparently, a form of violence. As Gillette said in the most spectacularly unsuccessful ad for shaving products in world history: "Not okay, dude!"

So, all the reproductive energy of young Western males is now being channeled into bizarre attempts to prove how "woke" they are, in the hope that this will cause the queens of feminism to open their glorious legs. Those Extinction Rebellion guys supergluing themselves to trains and the roofs of airplanes are essentially trying to get laid in an unpromising situation: life will always find a way.

Talking to Asian women about how Western women delay marriage and children makes them shake their heads in disbelief. With the exception of sex workers - who are, believe me, a tiny proportion of the population - most non-Western women have one prime directive: find a viable partner and start making babies as quickly as possibly. Please note, this does not mean a perfect partner - a common mistake made by women in the West during the short few years when they actually have options - but a viable partner.

You may never hear about it, but every Asian woman you date has had a packed history of ex-boyfriends who turned out to be unviable. Many have all but lost hope that any decent, sane, honest guys actually exist, but they continue to nurture the faint hope that you might be the one who proves all their darkest doubts wrong.

Most Thai women have not dated a Westerner but are curious. Naturally, they are appalled by the Kee-nok falang who populate the barstools of Pattaya and proudly use their smattering of bargirl Thai whenever possible. They are fully aware, however, that, just as bargirls represent a tiny fraction of Thai women, the sex tourists are not representative of all Westerners.

They are fully open to the idea that educated, well-traveled Westerners might want to spend time in Thailand for reasons other than catching herpes. They are not so fussy as to write-off a potentially viable prospect just because some Westerners act that way. Often, having previously experienced all the foibles and weaknesses of Thai men, many Thai women develop the idea that some Western men will treat them better and offer them a more interesting, more varied life. Often, that hunch turns out to be right.

When you stand before any Asian woman, you should feel confident that certain biases are automatically in your favor, and that she will generally presume the best about you, until you prove her wrong.

Most Westerners are not here to give money to hookers, although some may occasionally dabble. They are primarily here because the quality of regular, normal, non-hooker women available to them is much higher than in their home countries. Western men themselves are typically considered to be of more value here. You certainly should not be shy about being friendly and opening yourself up to the possibility that plenty of women might be interested in you without you having to pay them.

17 hours ago, ThomasThBKK said:

What a load of rubbish. 

Most thais, and Asians in general, dislike mainland Chinese. 

Most TV stars in Thailand are mixed european/american - Thai for a reason. Luk Kreung are popular in media since decades. 

If you think Thai girls don't like sex you must life in another country than I do. 

LOL good Thai women don't give a damn about sin sod, they prefer to be independent, do what they want, have a job and their families have likely enough money anyway. 

Welcome to 2019.

Sooooo, sin sod is dead, is it? How many farangs getting married to Thais now are not having to pay it as a % of Thai/ farang marriages?

15 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Sooooo, sin sod is dead, is it? How many farangs getting married to Thais now are not having to pay it as a % of Thai/ farang marriages?

Only idiots pay that, especially if the girl is ex-bar, or has been married before, or has already had a kid. In those circumstances, her family should be paying you for taking her off their hands ????

Essentially, sin sot it is a scam. A decent family may ask for something for symbolic reasons, but will then give it right back to the couple after the ceremony.

If you do have a little money to spare when you get engaged, buy your girl's mother a nice necklace and her father a nice, fancy, duty-free box of whiskey and some cigars in a leather box. That investment will make your future life a lot easier.  

10 minutes ago, donnacha said:

Seriously? I presume you have had relationships, so, how did you manage to avoid that universal first step?

Very long post, so I doubt I'll be able to respond to everything but.……...

I met my girlfriends at dances, which was how it was done in the old days.

I met my first partner at a disabled sports event where I was assisting.

I met my wife in a bar, like most farangs do.

I certainly didn't need any chat up lines for any of them.

13 minutes ago, donnacha said:

Women are not succumbing to a bit of chat, they have an innate ability to process a huge range of signals during any interaction you have with them. Same as in every country, that "bit of chat" is a woman's opportunity to run you through a filter and work out if you are weird / drunk / dangerous unhygienic / crass / poor etc. Most importantly, it tells her that you are socially courageous and confident enough to convey the compliment of signaling clearly that you like her.

LOL. Why is it then, if women are so good at summing up men that so many end up with downright bad men?

Most men like anything human with breasts and a vagina.

17 minutes ago, donnacha said:

In particular, many of you seem to be applying modern feminist biases that simply have no traction by no traction beyond the deeply broken situation between men and women in the West.

The only way western men CAN function is by applying the lessons we learned throughout life in the west. Thais are too alien to be able to understand for any western man with even a few years in LOS, and most get involved with a lot less time than that.

Women are a mystery to all men, and those from a foreign culture impossible to understand.

20 minutes ago, donnacha said:

Even very beautiful girls will be impressed if you can express your attraction to her in a subtle, contextually astute manner, because it demonstrates intelligence, courage and a delicacy that suggests you would not turn out to be a problem if she did get involved with her.

Why on earth would we spend the time to go through all that BS when all we want is to get a leg over?

Beautiful girls have known the power they have over men since they could talk, and frankly, I have zero interest in trying to talk a high maintenance woman into bed.

I always went for less beautiful woman as they were real, had no illusions about themselves, and didn't think the sun shone out of their ...……………. Also, they didn't think the world owed them.

Frankly, beautiful woman are a pain in the butt and not worth the effort.

11 minutes ago, donnacha said:

Only idiots pay that, especially if the girl is ex-bar, or has been married before, or has already had a kid. In those circumstances, her family should be paying you for taking her off their hands ????

Essentially, sin sot it is a scam. A decent family may ask for something for symbolic reasons, but will then give it right back to the couple after the ceremony.

If you do have a little money to spare when you get engaged, buy your girl's mother a nice necklace and her father a nice, fancy, duty-free box of whiskey and some cigars in a leather box. That investment will make your future life a lot easier.  

That's not what I asked.

27 minutes ago, donnacha said:

Women in the West are currently more unhappy than at any time since polling began. They are weighed down with impossibly conflicting criteria regarding relationships. They have allowed themselves to be persuaded that the most important reproductive right is the ability to terminate their pregnancies. They are told that "A woman needs a man like a fish needs a bicycle" and are urged to focus on their careers above all else.

It is considered heresy among women to point out the dire situation of previous generations of "liberated" women who, now, in their 30s and 40s are running over the cliff of biological reality. "Success" for women in the West seems to result in having to rush into a relationship with a man you frankly feel is beneath you, a man whose primary virtue is that he is available and willing to start a family with a women past her biological prime. Then often follows the grim march of IVF treatments, egg freezing, and other attempts to hack the reality that they have left it too late.

A subject close to my heart. I gave up on western women over 30 years ago. My greatest mistake was thinking Thai women were different.

Asian women are just the same. Japanese women won't get married and reproduce now, as with Singaporean women. They are on the right track. Marriage is an obsolete concept, of use only when men had to labour and women had to take care of the house, the children and husband. Marriage isn't even required to reproduce anymore. The state stole my hard earned money to give to girls that were too stupid to use contraception, so they could have a better life than me, and bring up their antisocial nasty offspring.

Marriage has been changed into a means whereby women can take everything from a man just because she is bored living with him. Time to abolish the outdated institution and make women truly equal- equal to stand on their own two feet and make their own way in the world, and if they want children, make sure they can afford it.

However, hope is on the horizon for western men. Once robotics develops to the stage Japanese love dolls can be joined with a robot that will fulfil men's desires, real women will lose their place as the only way for a man to achieve sexual satisfaction.

I'm sad I'll pass away before that happens.

40 minutes ago, donnacha said:

Those Extinction Rebellion guys supergluing themselves to trains and the roofs of airplanes are essentially trying to get laid in an unpromising situation:

Real men are close to extinction. Don't even see Playboy centrefolds in workshops anymore. PC rules and real men suffer.

41 minutes ago, donnacha said:

They are fully open to the idea that educated, well-traveled Westerners might want to spend time in Thailand for reasons other than catching herpes. They are not so fussy as to write-off a potentially viable prospect just because some Westerners act that way. Often, having previously experienced all the foibles and weaknesses of Thai men, many Thai women develop the idea that some Western men will treat them better and offer them a more interesting, more varied life. Often, that hunch turns out to be right.

and often that hunch turns out to be wrong.

The available pool of farang males willing and able to take on a Thai woman is mainly over 50, as only those under 50 that comply with the work rules gets to live in LOS. I very much doubt a normal Thai woman under 30 has any interest in an old farang, unless it's monetarily.

46 minutes ago, donnacha said:

When you stand before any Asian woman, you should feel confident that certain biases are automatically in your favor, and that she will generally presume the best about you, until you prove her wrong. You certainly should not be shy about being friendly and opening yourself up to the possibility that plenty of women might be interested in you without you having to pay them.

LOL.

If I've learned anything about relationships, it's that the man ALWAYS pays, though it may not be an upfront financial transaction.

Women are far more clever than men, they learned how to manipulate men since they could talk, they are more intelligent, learn skills faster, more resourceful, more independent but have more social relationships with other women than men have with other men, they are more determined and more dedicated.

Women can more easily live without a male than a male without a female.

The only thing they need men for is to breed and for a partner to help raise the children, though that seems to be optional these days, looking at the number of single mothers there are.

I gave up on all women since I got divorced, and far happier for it. Wish I'd known decades ago. I'd have been wealthier, happier, and less angry for all those years looking for the right one ( an illusion of course. The right one does not exist- only one that wants to live with us, for whatever reason.

The Boss said it best in Secret Garden

She'll let you in her house
If you come knockin' late at night
She'll let you in her mouth
If the words you say are right

If you pay the price
She'll let you deep inside
But there's a secret garden she hides

She'll let you in her car
To go drivin' round
She'll let you into the parts of herself
That'll bring you down

She'll let you in herheart
If you got a hammer and a vise
But into her secret garden, don't think twice

You've gone a million miles
How far'd you get
To that place where You can't remember
And you can't forget

She'll lead you down a path
There'll be tenderness in the air
She'll let you come just far enough
So you know she's really there
She'll look at you and smile
And her eyes will say
She's got a secret garden
Where everything you want
Where everything you need
Will always stay
A million miles away

15 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

That's not what I asked.

The post you were responding to was by @Thomas BKK who was responding to your alarming theory that Thai women will not risk having sex with a farang because losing their virginity would affect their family's chances of scoring a big Sin Sod payment. He stated that, in 2019, most Thai girls do not care about Sin Sod.

What you then asked was:

39 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

So, as you brought farangs into it, suggesting that Sin Sod was still a big factor because farangs are paying it, I explained that it really is not a thing any more. Only a few lovestruck dopes get scammed, the kind of guy who is too lazy or clueless to spend any time at all researching online.

42 minutes ago, donnacha said:

most Thai girls have learned that a guy with average looks but a sense of decency, sobriety, and the ability to make her laugh......... her real job is to find a good partner who she can establish a real connection with, meaning he is more likely to stick around and raise a family.

I think this is where many young men of the 21st century differ from those of us over 50 or 60. 

But maybe not so with Thai women, so that could be a deal breaker.

My opinion is that younger people from the West want to live a life different than Mom and Dad who were a slave to Mortgages, Children, and 9-5 jobs their whole life

They want to experience life with a combination diverse friends and lovers and don't want to be tied down to the traditions of the previous generations. 

Archived