Lack of critical thinking makes Thailand's competitiveness ranking slip

webfact

15 hours ago, Fex Bluse said:

Thai music #1??? 555

Worst music. 

What music you like? 

What Thai music good? 

I could tell you. But is to complicated for the simple guy. 

And to exciting for the old people.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, Yinn said:

I could tell you. But is to complicated for the simple guy. 

And to exciting for the old people.

I'm not too simple and not too old, i promise.

Could you suggest the name of Bands/Singers which you think are very good ?

Or Perhaps, you could start a new topic about Thai music ?

2 hours ago, mauGR1 said:

I'm not too simple and not too old, i promise.

Could you suggest the name of Bands/Singers which you think are very good ?

Or Perhaps, you could start a new topic about Thai music ?

This one have it already.. many new, old, different style. 

Enjoy.

This song most most popular song NOW. I love it.

13 hours ago, Yinn said:

This one have it already.. many new, old, different style. 

Enjoy.

This song most most popular song NOW. I love it.

Your song show lack of critical thinking. 

Mine better for make you smart. 

Mozart

21 hours ago, Orton Rd said:

Accurate observation is not Thai bashing

"True" but fallacious - however as anyone capable of critical thinking recognises confirmation bias and a syllogism...e.g. Dogs have 4 legs - this is accurate.

"My cat has 4 legs, therefore my cat is a dog" - this is not accurate

Problem being that most people on this thread are not capable of critical thinking and identifying such salacious arguments as a false syllogism....or even recognising "observation" for what it really is.

QED by your comment above....

5 hours ago, Fex Bluse said:

Your song show lack of critical thinking. 

Mine better for make you smart. 

Mozart

I already smart. Not need.

but something can improve Fex, little bit, good for Fex. Need it.

What instrument can you play? Can you read music? Or not?

play the instrument make you smarter. But...

The Mozart Effect, the theory that listening to Mozart actually raises IQ and improves cognitive abilities, came about after a 1993 study but has been largely discounted in the last several years. ... So, listening to classical music while you study won't literally make you smarter,

It is becoming quite clear that some people don't actually realise that critical thinking is a "thing" - they confuse it with highly subjective concepts like "common sense" (555!) and IQ another fallacious concept.

Here's a basic starter video for you...

If just a smidgen of posters on Thaivisa adhered to this it would reduce the amount of rubbish posted on the entire web site immensely.

3 hours ago, Yinn said:

I already smart. Not need.

but something can improve Fex, little bit, good for Fex. Need it.

What instrument can you play? Can you read music? Or not?

play the instrument make you smarter. But...

The Mozart Effect, the theory that listening to Mozart actually raises IQ and improves cognitive abilities, came about after a 1993 study but has been largely discounted in the last several years. ... So, listening to classical music while you study won't literally make you smarter,

Music instrument I play bagpipe.

You know it? 

I think Thai people not skill for this one. 

unnamed.jpg.252b83b625541e00c80f8655fd139620.jpg

On ‎10‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 7:28 AM, ChrisY1 said:

Thais don't understand the concept of critical thinking...the teachers have no idea what it means..government officials ditto.

I don’t think that is 100% right
I think the government know exactly what they are doing in this case.
They want to make sure that no Thai student start to think by themselves, or start to question what they are told.

That is the main thing about the Thai education system. Teach the students from day one, to do as they are told by those in power, and do not question anything.

Clever self-thinking people are far too hard to control, therefore teach the students from day one, not to think by themselves

On 10/10/2019 at 2:03 PM, Yinn said:

I think you have small knowledge/experience in Thailand. Not see much.

61FAE5D2-CB40-4BE7-9A1C-7871D93539BD.jpeg

Steve, just one single bubble tea in Thailand has more than that... CoCo Fresh Tea & Juice, has 74 grams of sugar per glass

We, non-retarded, westerners poses the critical thinking and see when people lie. India with 5 grams? How did they get their massive buts?

On 10/12/2019 at 11:11 PM, HeyHeyHey said:

Steve, just one single bubble tea in Thailand has more than that... CoCo Fresh Tea & Juice, has 74 grams of sugar per glass

We, non-retarded, westerners poses the critical thinking and see when people lie. India with 5 grams? How did they get their massive buts?

Cooking oil.

On 10/12/2019 at 11:11 PM, HeyHeyHey said:

High carb vegetarian diet. Carbohydrates get converted to glucose after digestion. 

4 minutes ago, bowerboy said:

One of the posters seems to be getting his knickers in a knot about what critical thinking is.

That's usual these days, everybody takes whatever their favorite term is and starts to evangelize their take on it. You just need to think critically and as Adam Savage said, 'I reject your reality and substitute my own'.

8 hours ago, shy coconut said:

All of them appear to be critical of the Thai education system!!

Just about any critic of any education system needs to be taken with a pinch of salt. Combined with a lack of critical thinking most posters appear to believe that they re an "expert" (the word itself is a giveaway) on education. The basis for this seems to be that they went to school. - a false premise if ever there was one.

Post in breach of forum rules removed.

11) You will not post slurs, degrading or overly negative comments directed towards Thailand, specific locations, Thai institutions such as the judicial or law enforcement system, Thai culture, Thai people or any other group on the basis of race, nationality, religion, gender or sexual orientation.

11 minutes ago, CanterbrigianBangkoker said:

A rather vague and generic comment to make, no? Seems to display a distinct lack of critical thinking. 

Hardly, it's a premise based on the evidence of the thread backed up with a a considered opinion as to why this should be.

It would seem you don't understand or at least recognise the process.

39 minutes ago, Airbagwill said:

Hardly, it's a premise based on the evidence of the thread backed up with a a considered opinion as to why this should be.

It would seem you don't understand or at least recognise the process.

Where would you posit the 'objective analysis and evaluation' of the topic in hand is in the following catch-all statement?

'Just about any critic of any education system needs to be taken with a pinch of salt.' That's your opinion, what c.t. is it based on? It's an opinion in the same way that your opinion of my assessment of universities becoming less effective in their ability to teach critical thinking is. I wouldn't classify it as critical thinking in any meaningful sense.

Maybe take a closer look at the sentiments of your own statements before blithely dismissing those of others.

Archived