Extension of 30-day visa upon arrival. TM 30 required?

I am planning to ask for an extension of a 30-day visa upon arrival (my first) at CW or Jomthien. ( I am assuming I can get another 30-day extension )I read on this forum that Jomthien, when applying for an extension,  have asked for a TM 30 if you have not been registered in a hotel. Is that possible? TM 30's required for tourists? I've been wondering around the countryside and a few of the places I have stayed at did not ask for my passport.

Just before applying for the extension spend one night in a hotel that does file TM30's for their guests. TM30's are for all foreigners. It is usually not an issue because most tourists stay in hotels for their entire stay in Thailand. Most don't stay as long as 30 days. You are not most tourists.

Edited by Martyp

You have a 30 day visa exempt entry not a 15 day visa on arrival that is only issued to certain countries.

You can apply for a 30 day extension of each 30 day visa exempt entry. Only one extension can be done per entry.

I would guess most hotels and etc in Bangkok or Pattaya will do a online TM30 report.

Use the hotel address on the TM7 application form and show the receipt for the hotel. They can verify that the hotel did the report.