Classic Car Garages in Bangkok and Surrounds

RAZZELL

I have been looking around for a Classic car for about 6 months.

The only two places I have found to buy them are:

http://www.thaiautovintage.com/web/home.php

And PROSCARS44 which is about a mile down the road (not all the cars listed - had a Mercedes 190SL about 2 months ago) .

https://www.one2car.com/en/dealer/PROSCARS44

There is another place near Paseo Park Khanchanapisek here (has a Gullwing 300SL out the back!:

GARAGE.thumb.jpg.37c9ff897e31ab747618080767846bc4.jpg

Anyone else any knowledge? Links?

Much appreciated.

RAZZ

Edited by RAZZELL

1 minute ago, VocalNeal said:

My mate has a Rover 75 which may not be what you are after.????

At the moment "I'm just looking/tyre kicking" ????

There is no rush - I'm just researching where to buy and what would be the costs.

Also, where there are good restoration places etc.

I am under no illusion that it will cost a few quid/baht!

RAZZ

13 minutes ago, VocalNeal said:

He belongs to a Thai Vintage/Classic car club but I do not know which one. I don't think the Rover is for sale, I was just winding you up.

Been to the car museum I assume. Just for looking. 

No. Which one?

Jesada? I might pop down on Saturday.

EDIT - I love walking around the back streets trying to find "hidden gems".

RAZZ

Edited by RAZZELL

Hard to believe you don't have an ideal car.

Whether it's based on a particular country or marque, I know what I like.

Nowadays and especially here I choose something based on work content rather than preference and sometimes I see something that catches my eye.

After that I spend a long time looking at viable options and a lot of time is spent researching before buying into a project.

What parts are available? Also good folks that can move metal are as rare as manure from a 'rocking horse'.

Then, there's the mechanics.

Having an idea of what you want and your limitations for rebuilding/repairing your choice is important. I've picked up things seen when driving past on the highway.

In the short term, other than investing in a true classic (and getting a good deal) it's difficult to make a buck with a quick flip. Particularly if you don't know the market.

I do stuff for fun and have more invested than I'll ever recover. But I can sit back and say 'I built that' and then go drive it as I choose (excluding rainy days).

Happy Hunting.

• Like 2

Rengboon Auto In Bangkok is a good place to start. The workshop/showroom is on Pattanakarn Soi 35 and is always worth a visit as typically there are 20+ classic cars undergoing restoration and 10+ classic cars stored there. The owner is Khun Yo, an extremely nice guy who speaks fluent english and is both passionate and knowledgable about classic cars. He typically has and/or knows of a few cars for sale. Additionally, he is the best man in the kingdom to talk to if you want a classic car and are prepared to pay the Thai price for same (the cost of classic cars here is most certainly well above that in the UK, US and Oz).

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, teevee said:

Rengboon Auto In Bangkok is a good place to start. The workshop/showroom is on Pattanakarn Soi 35 and is always worth a visit as typically there are 20+ classic cars undergoing restoration and 10+ classic cars stored there. The owner is Khun Yo, an extremely nice guy who speaks fluent english and is both passionate and knowledgable about classic cars. He typically has and/or knows of a few cars for sale. Additionally, he is the best man in the kingdom to talk to if you want a classic car and are prepared to pay the Thai price for same (the cost of classic cars here is most certainly well above that in the UK, US and Oz).

Thanks for that will have a look.

RAZZ

• 10 months later...

There were many classic cars for sale  in Bangkok in an area   called Smartcar Plaza , including a lovely  blue Marcos which belonged to the owner of one of the garages  ( 1990 era ? )

Last time I went , it  looked like this entire  Rama 9 area was about to be transformed into a mini city . Do these garages still exist?