BANGKOK

Dear gawd, how many different ways can we post Thai bashing topics?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 10/10/2019 at 3:21 AM, cyril sneer said:

because Thailand isn't getting Islamized like the West

happy to do TM30s/90-days/Health Insurance as long as it stays this way

What absolute rubbish anyway Tommy Robinson is looking out for you back home when he ain't in chokee....

Came here in 1972, lived in NakornPanom until 1973; came back in 1976 and stayed until 1979; came back in 1992 for a short visit and was shocked by the change.  Again came back in 1997 and have basically been here since then.  I really liked Thailand compared to many other possible retirement locations.  I still really like Thailand and have not really been impacted beyond nuisance of TM30, 90-day reports since they can be done on-line (maybe) or by post.  Latest long-stay extension was cheaper (no embassy letter required) and was the quickest ever (1/2 hour total at CM immigration).  The only problem I have now is the foul air that continues to grow.    I have health insurance from the US and locally too so that doesn't impact me. I speak Thai well enough to ask any questions I have and can usually understand just about all that the Thais reply.  I love the Thai foods especially the hot ones!  My only other complaint, though I hear the US is also beginning to experience this fairly widespread, is the  traffic congestion and poor driving habits of many local drivers.  If I do decide to leave Thailand, the only place I will go is to return to the US.

• Thanks 1

To be fair, all the changes are aimed at those on retirement visas/pensions. So far there have been no changes to those of us on marriage visas/extensions.

Perhaps the government realises the hardships that will occur to many Thai families (often in rural areas) if married farangs felt they had to leave, and are deliberately leaving them alone.

1 minute ago, Stevemercer said:

To be fair, all the changes are aimed at those on retirement visas/pensions. So far there have been no changes to those of us on marriage visas/extensions.

Perhaps the government realises the hardships that will occur to many Thai families (often in rural areas) if married farangs felt they had to leave, and are deliberately leaving them alone.

Really ?

So you don't think this those of us on retirement extensions, who choose not to marry, don't have family commitments in Thai rural areas (or anywhere else for that matter as geography is irrelevant). 

On 10/10/2019 at 9:21 AM, cyril sneer said:

because Thailand isn't getting Islamized like the West

happy to do TM30s/90-days/Health Insurance as long as it stays this way

Wishful thinking, Thailand government is on a roll, just a matter of time before they introduce another BS rule.

Considering it was only a few weeks ago the government told all government hospitals they could increase all medical fees for expats. With the new health insurance (scam) I can see hospitals taking advantage of that charging over the top fees even with health insurance, remember TIT everything done here is for people getting fatter back pockets in high places.

14 minutes ago, Jip99 said:

Really ?

So you don't think this those of us on retirement extensions, who choose not to marry, don't have family commitments in Thai rural areas (or anywhere else for that matter as geography is irrelevant). 

I can't say, but I believe It is what the government thinks. As evidenced by the fact that none of the changes affect those on married visas/extensions.

On 10/10/2019 at 3:25 AM, Pravda said:

So, why are you still here?

The mandatory health insurance is for non immigrant A-O visa, so far not for applications for extension of stay based on something, for example retirement.

So, I'm still here – why not?

Thailand is a great place – and I furthermore have my family here – and not much has changed, but the same old rules are enforced slightly more strict. If you have your 800k baht in the bank, and is little organized and prepared with paperwork, it's not a big deal. And by the way, I get about 10 percent more baht for my Danish money, than I did first time i visited Thailand, so that also quite good – or at least better to think of than I got 25 percent less than a few years ago...😉

I regularly check my "return to home country" possibilities, and every time I find it as "no go", It's so much better here...🙂

Because I like it here.. some hurdles every now and then but it happen most places...

• Like 1

On ‎10‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 9:37 AM, JohnOFphon said:

I'm still here for the women. Late 60's now and my girlfriend is 35....Where else can an old man find this?

Anywhere when you pay a prostitute.

• Thanks 1

I am here because I like it. I do not jump at every little change they make nor get excited about things I cannot control. It is to bad that anyone has to leave because of insurance but alot of people do not plan ahead or seem to think there will be any changes. In the end Thailand has gotten tird of the deadbeats here lying about how much income they had, people not paying there medical bills. People get mad at thailand when they should be mad at the cheats and thieves

Can anyone tell me what's the rule for someone whose legally married Thai wife has passed away and the farang husband's income does not meet the minimum threshold of 800,000 Baht can he apply for an extension based on dependence or must he leave the country.

On 10/10/2019 at 9:31 AM, essox essox said:

where IS THIS country???

On 10/10/2019 at 8:58 AM, pluto1956 said:

Im not im in the Philippeans 555

Oh, it's a country.  I was trying to find the bible we had boxed up around here somewhere to look up the passage!