Can I have two Single re-entry permits before I use the first one

I have a single re-entry permit in my passport because I am going to a neighboring Asian country for holiday in November.   Today I found out I have to go to California right away for a few days because my mother is going fast.   Can I go back to immigration and get a second re-entry permit before I use the first one?  The trips are very close in time.   I also want to avoid doing a TM-30 and then another TM-30 in two weeks.   I figure if I have two re-entry permits I can skirt that issue and avoid having my landlady fill the forms out twice.   American Passport if that matters at all.

Thank you for your help.

I can't answer your main question, wait for UbonJoe

But re the TM30, 2 re-entry permits will not  change the need to file after each return from abroad  even if only for a day or two.

You can get re-entry permit at airport and at (at least some) land borders so another option might be to use the one you have for the first trip and then get a second one on departure for the next trip.

You can only have one valid re-entry permit in passport at a time.

Immigration will not issue another one if you have one already.

As said you can a re-entry permit at some airports and border crossings on departure from the country. You can one 24 hours a day at either airport in Bangkok.

• Like 2

You cannot have two reentry permits at the same time. However, you can get reentry permits at the airport on departure, and they will not care about any TM30. If your November trip is by air, just get a reentry permit at the airport.

Sorry to hear about your mother.

Thanks. I figured that I could only get one at a time.  The funny thing is that I was at immigration just yesterday to get the single re-entry.  I could have gotten a multiple if I had known. I leave from Phuket so I probably don't want to chance getting a re-entry there.  I figure I can ask my landlady to fill out two TM-30s at the same time.  I was told yesterday that I can file the TM30 at the drive through window as no cash is involved.   

So drive through with the TM30 and then go into immigration to get the single entry.  Hopefully they will process the TM30 and it will be in the computer when I get the re-entry a few minutes later? 

Mom had a long and good life.  She's 89, but it's still hard.   Thanks.

Another query for UJ,are re entry permits only good for the current permission to stay stamp,my situation is I'm going for a 90day report shortly,and thought I would kill 2 birds with the one stone,90 day report and re entry permit,but my permission to stay expires November and I'm travelling to Oz December after I renew my permission to stay,so if I got a re entry now on my current permission to stay would it be good for my December out and in.

15 minutes ago, Oztruckie said:

Another query for UJ,are re entry permits only good for the current permission to stay stamp,my situation is I'm going for a 90day report shortly,and thought I would kill 2 birds with the one stone,90 day report and re entry permit,but my permission to stay expires November and I'm travelling to Oz December after I renew my permission to stay,so if I got a re entry now on my current permission to stay would it be good for my December out and in.

If you got a re-entry permit now it would expire on the date your current extension of stay ends in November.

Re-entry permits are only valid until the day the permit to stay they are issued for.

8 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

If you got a re-entry permit now it would expire on the date your current extension of stay ends in November.

Re-entry permits are only valid until the day the permit to stay they are issued for.

Thank you UJ,they were my thoughts also, better to be sure than sorry. 

I have another question about my situation and the TM30.   When you do the TM30 do you have to have a copy of your lease agreement?   I did a TM30 when I got my drivers license last year, but there was so much other paperwork I can't remember.

The thing is that my lease expires Oct 31.  I normally just get a new one back dated when I go for my visa extension because my LL is cool about it.  But if I have to show a new lease for my second TM 30 in November I might as well ask the land lady for everything now.

This probably has been posed before, but I'm leaving soon and don't have time.  

Thank you in advance.

Oh, and one last question.  Do they give you a receipt when you do the TM30 ?  As I am going to try to use the Phuket drive through for the TM30 and then go immediately in to get my second single entry.  It would be nice to have some proof I just did it in case there is a lapse in the computer inputting.

Have decided to get Multiple next year.  That was a good idea by Natway09.

I'll post back after I try all this to let any Phuketians that are interested if this same day TM30 drive through / Single entry inside works.  That is if anyone is interested.  

Thanks!

On 10/10/2019 at 3:25 PM, natway09 said:

And that is the reason one should get a multiple for the year.

It just  saves any hassle in case of emergency travel

But 2 single re entries if all you need is cheaper than a multiple, you need to leave 4 times to make it worthwhile, penny pinching i know!

Did not realise you could not have more than one RE  valid at a time i was actually off to my local "immy boys" to ask for 2 re entries this coming week Damn!  (similar case to OP) a planned trip and one out of the blue!

Might still ask and try my luck though 

11 hours ago, LivingNThailand said:

Oh, and one last question.  Do they give you a receipt when you do the TM30 ?  As I am going to try to use the Phuket drive through for the TM30 and then go immediately in to get my second single entry.  It would be nice to have some proof I just did it in case there is a lapse in the computer inputting.

Have decided to get Multiple next year.  That was a good idea by Natway09.

I'll post back after I try all this to let any Phuketians that are interested if this same day TM30 drive through / Single entry inside works.  That is if anyone is interested.  

Thanks!

When you use the drive through booth, you have to go in a car or motorcycle.  There were previous reports that the IO will not process the report if you "walk-in".  When you use the drive through, there is no need for any document.  Just your passport and your latest TM6 Immigration card.  Tell the IO you are still living at the same address and you will get a new report slip in your passport.

7 hours ago, Kopitiam said:

When you use the drive through booth, you have to go in a car or motorcycle.  There were previous reports that the IO will not process the report if you "walk-in".  When you use the drive through, there is no need for any document.  Just your passport and your latest TM6 Immigration card.  Tell the IO you are still living at the same address and you will get a new report slip in your passport.

I think you misunderstood.  I'm going to drive through for the TM30 and then go immediately inside to get the Single entry for my next trip.  I love those guys inside....but....this saves me the hassle of getting a number, waiting, and then getting another number, and waiting....  I think?  I can let you know later.   That is why I was asking if they give you a receipt for the TM30.  So when I go inside and get the single entry I can prove that I did the TM30.   What a pain.  

I had to do the TM30 last year for my drivers license.  There was all kinds of paperwork.  One form, a notary from my land lady, a stamp (like postage stamp) and I think my lease.   As you saying you only have to give them a copy of the TM6 and my passport?   I don't think it's that easy. 

Thank you for your input though.  I was tempted to walk-through the drive-through once when the crowds were crazy inside. ????

• 1 month later...

Just an update.  Did the TM30 with the drive through.  They stamped my receipt and dated it.  No new receipt.  

Then parked the car and went into immigration for the new single entry request.  They DID check to see if I did the TM30.  This only took a few minutes.

Came back a few weeks later and did the drive through again for the TM 30 .  stamped and dated the receipt again.  No new receipt.

Very easy.  What was really nice is my landlady gave me 4 power of attorneys and 4 stamps so the next two times I leave the country I don't have to bother her.  Very nice lady for sure.

Hope this helps someone that is in the same situation.

On 10/10/2019 at 11:42 AM, ubonjoe said:

You can only have one valid re-entry permit in passport at a time.

Immigration will not issue another one if you have one already.

As said you can a re-entry permit at some airports and border crossings on departure from the country. You can one 24 hours a day at either airport in Bangkok.

Hello Ubonjoe. Can we get a Re entry permit at the Chiang Mai Airport on the same day of my departure flight?

But I figured it out that Dec 5 (which is my travel date) is Holiday. If possible, is there any IO who can issue a re-entry permit? Thanks