Shopping At Rimpings

EL159

I was at the Rimping at Meechok Plaza today. I have been going there for 6 years many times a week (I live very close to Ruamchok) and I have never seen it like this. Every register was open and there was a line of people, most with carts full, at every station. It was a complete clusterf**k. I only had a few items and I just left the basket on the floor and walked out. I could not have waited since I was buying some beer and it was about 1:45 this afternoon. At 2:00 they would not sell beer and the lines looked like more than 15 minutes. Back on the bike I went around the corner to Tops Market. In and out with my stuff in five minutes. I did not know anything about this 1000 Bt coupon scheme the OP mentioned but I hope it is over soon.

Yeah, RImping Meechok was incredible today. For a city that is practically devoid of people everywhere, it seems they were all at Rimping today. In all the years I have never seen the parking lot so jammed up and the store absolutely full of shoppers.

But, did those complaining not read the signs? I guess if you can't read a little Thai you would have missed it. Queue 1 and 2 were not honoring the coupons, only queue 3,4, and 5 were. We got in queue 1 and it only took about 5 minutes. But it took 30 minutes to get out of the parking lot which was crazy!

19 hours ago, FolkGuitar said:

May I ask? How is it possible to live in Chiang Mai for three years and never have heard of Rimping.

Even if you don't live IN Chiang Mai, you've been a member of ThaiVisa for three years. In that time there have been hundreds of threads about all different subjects that have mentioned various Rimpings... located  on all four sides of the city!

Do you have some sort of Rimping Filter set to block it out?

There are ONLY TWO major chains of supermarkets in Chiang Mai. Rimping is one of them with four different stores around town.

There's more than four Rimpings around town if you include Kad Farang near Hang Dong and San Sai on the 121 and a little one on the Canal road just out of town.

Iron bridge

Promenada, including a great and cheap restaurant cuisine.

In large shopping area in front of Airport plaza just off Mahidol flyover

Maya? Any others?

Archived