Refused entry TWICE, be warned.

43 minutes ago, Syduan said:

Upon my arrival at the immigration desk I was asked a few questions as to why I was in Thailand ? and then I was informed by the immigration officer that she believed that I was looking for work in Thailand

What was your answer to the "few questions"?  Are you on a retirement visa, Non-Imm O? 

46 minutes ago, Syduan said:

which I've previously worked on the largest projects in the country as a professional Engineer, on the Skytrain project, the underground project, PTT, and latterly the extension to Suvarnabhumi airport, all with work permits I might add, which I can supply. 

So you do not have a work permit in Thailand now?   

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

How did you enter first time, on a tourist visa, visa exempt, non-immigrant visa or re-entry permit on extension of stay?

Many of these stories of people living in country on tourist visa getting rejected, so my bet would be on one of the first 2.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, madmen said:

Not saying it didn't happen but no way to prove it

I agree, if this story was fully genuine and he had done no wrong, he shouldn't be concerned but it does seem that there are some holes in the story.

It should be criminal for them to refuse you entry on not having sufficient funds when you have 20k in your wallet and a Thai bank book with you. Why don't they have another reason for refusal such as "person attempted to enter on incorrect visa type", rather than using the same old insufficient funds as a catch all to deny anyone?

Edited by SteveK
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, SteveK said:

It should be criminal for them to refuse you entry on not having sufficient funds when you have 20k in your wallet and a Thai bank book with you. Why don't they have another reason for refusal such as "person attempted to enter on incorrect visa type", rather than using the same old insufficient funds as a catch all to deny anyone?

12.9 is for not having 20K. They denied him under 12.2 no appropriate means of living in thailand (this is no necessarily about money) and 12.3 because they suspect him of working in Thailand since he has a lot of previous work permit. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

People often say that a clean passport doesn't help because it doesn't change the systems. 

I beg the difference as these type of refusals is almost never due to the computer system but due to the IO his/her discretion,
and almost always after seeing many many used pages with visa's in the psychical passport. 

However, when they see visa's like the non-o, they seem to not abuse this discretion + be careless of the history.
Any IO loves a clean thin passport with a brand new visa. I would have done that if refused already.

All that aside, I guess me is very lucky, I still have the same passport with even a 1y blacklist stamp in it.

Edited by tabarin
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

isnt he pretty enough for a story he spent twice as long in the toilet accommodation

two days in hell

BKK thailands premier airport

there is always something missing in these stories
its a blank passport 
only a Malaysia stamp in it and a SETV
SHOULD HAVE BEEN A WALK OVER AT pb

Edited by andy72
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, phuketrichard said:

I see NO MENTION of how many visas, visa exempts the OP had previous to the original denial.

without this info, we cant make a decision if he was unlucky or he F#@ked up and has been scamming the system for years

this crucial information seems to always be lacking in many of the posts that keep popping up. had it been me i would have included that in my original post. that's just me though.