Refused entry TWICE, be warned.

2 hours ago, stevenl said:

Simple mistake.

I see no reason to doubt the OP's story, quite a few refusals of people living here but trying to enter on tourist visas or visa exempt lately.

nonsense he said British embassy was closed for the weekend here so he called the Embassy in London..that statement fits well. busted!

stop kissing his butt and making up stories for him, its embarrassing !!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, ukrules said:

There is one thing you can't do with a retirement visa and that's get a job legally which the OP is interested in.

It sounds to me like they've banned people from coming to Thailand to look for work, even if they do it legally.

Could you imagine how the following would play out :

Immigration : Why are you coming to Thailand

Guy on Tourist Visa : I'm here to look for work.

Immigration : Denied entry because you have no means of supporting yourself.

Have they banned foreigners from the labour market?

See how they react if you do this in most other countries

• Like 1

I

4 hours ago, stevenl said:

How did you enter first time, on a tourist visa, visa exempt, non-immigrant visa or re-entry permit on extension of stay?

Many of these stories of people living in country on tourist visa getting rejected, so my bet would be on one of the first 2.

Correct ,  they have these jackanory stories , on banana boats , etc .

Yet  they refuse to pay for a visa ,  chancers out .

Deposit 800K , into a thai bank account , problems solved .

Edited by elliss

2 hours ago, FredGallaher said:

He had a gf of 10 years. Staying long term on a tourist visa is the problem.

OP has a girl friend ,  whose brother is a immi officer , please use your discretion...

Edited by elliss
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, ukrules said:

There is one thing you can't do with a retirement visa and that's get a job legally which the OP is interested in.

It sounds to me like they've banned people from coming to Thailand to look for work, even if they do it legally.

Could you imagine how the following would play out :

Immigration : Why are you coming to Thailand

Guy on Tourist Visa : I'm here to look for work.

Immigration : Denied entry because you have no means of supporting yourself.

Have they banned foreigners from the labour market?

Should be no issue if they arrive on a NonB visa.

3 minutes ago, BritTim said:

OK, but how do you get the job in the first place if you cannot even enter Thailand for an interview as there is no "correct visa" for entering Thailand to look for work.

Do people  really just rock up to Thailand to look for work?

both times I arrived here for work I had the job before i left home.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, RJRS1301 said:

Unbelievable situation. It really does appear the at"IO discretion" part of their role, should be removed and retraining needs to occur for all staff on the LAW.

Again it is proof of Thailand being 3rd world in administration

lol the Thai immigration banana eaters never had at "IO discretion" power at the first place

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, SteveK said:

It's getting ridiculous now. These stories need to get out into the public domain, I'm sure there are some newspapers who's be interested in stories such as these.

But interestingly, when searching for these types of things whilst outside Thailand, TV never seems to return any results. 

However, in Thailand they are among the first results. 

Almost like some kind of Thai Great Firewall 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, BestB said:

yes they have the right to refuse anyone , but does not mean they have the right to degrade people.

no they don't have any discretion, they are breaking own laws unless the person fits the very few specified reasons to refuse

23 minutes ago, BestB said:

yes they have the right to detain, but in decent conditions 

no they don't... the airport is an international space aka no mans land... unless the person committed a crime he can't be legally detained without consent

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, SteveK said:

It's because if any appeal is successful, it would cause serious loss of face to the IO who is trying to refuse you. As with everything else which can cause loss of face in Thailand, it is avoided even if this means that white lies are told.

While I agree with loss of face farce, it is easily overcome by not rejecting first.

if they plan to reject , refer to senior officer to hold an interview and then make the decision based on information provided by the person arriving . 

fairly easy, just watch  Australian border patrol , plenty of immigration issues  and it’s dealt with “nicely”????

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, yogi100 said:

My friend holidays regularly in Thailand and has done for years. A female IO tried to refuse him entry at BKK saying he was working. After 40 minutes she let him enter.

He got the distinct impression that us falangs are no longer welcome in the LOS.

Upon reflection in all my years of coming on holiday to Thailand I don't think I've ever had an IO give me a welcome greeting so it's not a recent development. I've had frowns or even scowls but never that smile that Thailand is said to be so famous for.

I do not think it’s “ they do not want farangs” they are just as unfriendly to Indians and chinese . 

may be lack of leadership , maybe lack of training, maybe combination of both, maybe on a power trip. They joined in hopes to make some money but ended up sitting in a cubical stamping passports on minimal wage with zero perks. They are well aware of the kickbacks their colleagues get working in immigration offices or on the road. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, andy72 said:

& no mention of fingerprint system 
I flew into CM may 31 system was up and running but they did not print me only Chinese 
but 6 weeks ago I came in through Sungai Kolok and was completely printed

3 hours ago, david555 said:

Blank new passport does not wipe out your former history in Immigration database (anymore.... as before...) ….Thai immigration entered the digital world ….and even more now the fingerprint and facial recognition recognize any one , now even Thai banks considering it to apply for I.D.

image.gif.095e95829ebcca78d218229c85026c56.gif

ITS A LOAD OF <deleted>,  i had 3 days left on my visa
ive had a thai immigration computer do the red flashing thing onme the only thing missing is all the spinning red lights hanging from the ceiling

and his poor sick gf aww bless

and of course the malay police officer 
knew all his documents were genuine as the mad deranged out of control io waved them in front of his face
and the Coup de grâce
the final flurry on the computer and lo  BKK  oh doom
i pled my innocence
'at this point the readers were looking for tissues at the injustice'

Once again if anyone has been flagged the computer screen starts flashing red its kinda funny 

Edited by andy72
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, BestB said:

I do not think it’s “ they do not want farangs” they are just as unfriendly to Indians and chinese . 

may be lack of leadership , maybe lack of training, maybe combination of both, maybe on a power trip. They joined in hopes to make some money but ended up sitting in a cubical stamping passports on minimal wage with zero perks. They are well aware of the kickbacks their colleagues get working in immigration offices or on the road. 

Please give details of minimal wage.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1