Refused entry TWICE, be warned.

4 minutes ago, rott said:

Please give details of minimal wage.

Starting salary is minimum wage. Captain is about 25000. 

this is wages for police , do not see immigration having much different.

to get to the rank of captain will take a decade, to fast track would need very powerful relative or a very large payment 

So on average I would say 15000-20000 per month 

2 minutes ago, whitemouse said:

OP's visa and entry history does not matter, unless he has over stayed in Thailand, and unless he has criminal record in Thailand, and has been banned from entering. Law does not restrict the number of entries via airport. He was denied entry because someone abused their position, and possibly broke a law.

There is no law that prevented him entering Thailand, there is only lawlessness and corruption. 

OP said they stated he was looking for work. What is wrong with looking for work? So what if he was flying in for job interview ? 

I think what they meant was they believed he was working 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, JimmyJ said:

I was planning to write the same message.

These stories need to be posted not only on TVF but on Tripadvisor.com, and all the similar sites.

The OP just needs to cut and paste what he's written, and post it to numerous forums.

If all the people who have posted these horror stories here also posted them on these sites, there would be a lot of pressure on Thailand by now to loosen up or realize that their tourism will be hurt by these stories.

I agree. With the 'face' thing it might actually lead to changes over time...

• Like 1

10 hours ago, SteveK said:

I agree, if this story was fully genuine and he had done no wrong, he shouldn't be concerned but it does seem that there are some holes in the story.

It should be criminal for them to refuse you entry on not having sufficient funds when you have 20k in your wallet and a Thai bank book with you. Why don't they have another reason for refusal such as "person attempted to enter on incorrect visa type", rather than using the same old insufficient funds as a catch all to deny anyone?

I know this guy and have seen his bank book, 59,000 bht on the 7th of June......

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, SpanishExpat said:

Whether it`s a real story or not. Been to Padang Besar 3 weeks ago. Caucasians have to wait anyway and have to go to a separate room. So NO FARANG is directly serviced at the counters when you enter. Everyone spoke at least basic English, whereas the IO for the Caucasians understood everything. Overall they were friendly to me.

Moreover, the border crossing if you arrive by foot is a small separate building. Don`t know where the OP found the Malaysian police officer, as I doubt they let them enter in the small building (which already belongs to Thailand) After getting stamped out in Malaysia, one has to walk 500 m trough no mans land. Those were just my experiences at Padang Besar...so there are some details in his story which don`t make sense.

Wrong, there's actually two Pedang Besars, there's a Malay one and a Thai one just up the line. On the Malay one the police carry weapons, not something the Thais would be happy with. 500m ? You'd be lucky if it was fifty feet ! Been going through there for years..........Details,details......

12 hours ago, madmen said:

It shouldn't make a difference but did you angry and start yelling?  Its just that there appears like part of the story is missing

I would like to know what visa the OP was using on arrival, or was it an attempt to get a 30 day exempt? 

12 hours ago, scottiejohn said:

Also as Post 5 asks.  How can you call a British Embassy in London?

If I recall correctly, when you call the Bangkok one out of hours, you are given a number in the UK to call. Obviously not an Embassy but likely the ministry. 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, SteveK said:

Maybe not found a potential wife yet, not old enough to retire, not enough money for Elite, and no degree for a non-B and work permit? I think that would cover a lot of people who are trying to stay long term on tourist visas.

Read the OP, he is 53.

14 hours ago, Syduan said:

I'm a Engineering consultant, i'm 53 years old, and I've been traveling internationally for thirty years now to all corners of the globe, and I can honestly say that I've never seen anything like this in all those years, or being treat as disgustingly. 

What I don't understand , if you do not work in Thailand, why didn't you just apply for a visa based on retirement when you turned 50 ?  That's the first thing I did and I can come and go as I please, with a re-entry stamp. If you don't want to follow the 800k requirements in the bank here , you can use an agent and get away with a 20k yearly fee. 

So there are many alternatives for us over 50, even if you work in other countries. I work as a freelancer myself but my income is outside of Thailand.  So a 1 year retirement visa would work very well in your situation and you would have avoided all this mess! 
Maybe they would still ask you questions at immigration, but they don't really care about travellers on a retirement visa. 

• Like 2