Refused entry TWICE, be warned.

4 minutes ago, balo said:

What I don't understand , if you do not work in Thailand, why didn't you just apply for a visa based on retirement when you turned 50

Just to clarify, you do mean an Extension based on retirement? No Visa option beyond a single Non-Imm-O.

9 hours ago, Mitkof Island said:

I have entered Thailand twenty four times by air and dozens of times at various land crossings. After nineteen years have never had any real problems. I wonder what it is i am doing right.

You probably look too old and sick to work.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

14 hours ago, FredGallaher said:

It states he was on a tourist visa but had lived in Thailand 20+ years and had a girlfriend of 10 years. Doesn't really add up.

He mentions a tourist visa for the Malaysian episode but does not say what visa/extension etc he was on for the first part of the epistle.

9 hours ago, whitemouse said:

Canadian can spend 6 months in USA, if he/she stayed 9 months, then stopped by police officer for some reason (unless commuting crime, this never happens, Canadian is not required to carry a passport), nothing will happen, no arrest. 

In Thailand,  stopped by police and passport checked, if 2 days over the stamp, immidiate arrest, and driven to Immigration Detention centre in Bangkok. Then detained until Canadian finds the means to buy a airline ticket to Canada. No picking up his belongings, treated like an inmate. We are so used to it, we think it is normal, It is not, it is brutal.

yet westerners still come despite this. 

strange that.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, balo said:

But since OP never responded I am beginning to think this was a troll post. 

Anyone who has been an international engineering consultant for 30 years doesn't contact the 'British Embassy' in London. I wonder why the o/p threw that in, clueless or wanted to offer some bait?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well I'm a Brit and have been to the British Embassy in London, close to Victoria station and bus Terminal. That was some years ago when I went to renew a passport.
Where else would you renew a passport?
HMPO. Nothing to do with Embassies any more and Embassies are only found overseas.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 1

16 hours ago, scottiejohn said:

So much detail on some things but no detail on why were you returning to Thailand, what visa/extension were you using, what is your previous history of visas/entries etc to Thailand and so on.

Also as Post 5 asks.  How can you call a British Embassy in London?

You can contact the Foreign and Commonwealth Office at any time by calling +44 (0)20 7008 1500.

It used to be called the British Embassy!

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, david555 said:

I would know what to do in his case to avoid all that hassle and having a good out of country job , being 53 and having the needed funds …..just take a ret Extension ….. I applied just recent my 6th with no hassle ,no agent use , and all done in 30 minutes including bank visit for letter ….flash swift application granted .

And even today in 10 minutes my re entry application (application + correct documents ) They ask us to jump … so jump …. just as when you did your army service !

And all works out fine 

The problem with going the retirement route is that he seems to be living with short term contracts, and if he were to get a job offer in Thailand he would no doubt want it. This is something that is often overlooked by people not in this situation.

Which would mean cancelling his retirement visa. He's only 53, still got some years in him to earn some money especially if he isn't in line for a company pension or benefits.

Edit: Just reading some more posts in the thread and it seems that a lot of people don't understand a person's standing with short term contracts, possibility of work in Thailand (his history of jobs in Thailand in the OP speaks for itself) and retirement visas.

Edited by chrisinth
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, FredGallaher said:

I thought real tourists carried their belongings with them. That's why some carry backpacks, etc. If not, you could simply call your hotel and ask them to deliver your stuff to the immigration detention center after paying your bill of course. Of course if you overstayed you broke the law (criminal) and should not be set free except on the next plane out. 

stop making sense. please it's embarrassing. ????

• Like 1

18 hours ago, visarunner said:

you came in on the wrong visa. 

I know many people have been targeted in the same way. Get a Non O retirement and you are free to enter and leave. 

Or a Non-Imm " O " Based on MARRIAGE.......Which is EASILY Obtainable in Savanakhet....IF You have ALL the correct Documentation !!!

Edited by Nong Khai Man
More Added

2 minutes ago, mockingbird said:

Oh dear....a fruitcake fantasist has the whole place up in arms.

Kudos to you, mr Troll

He has numerous fake accounts on YouTube. Harasses one YT channel in particular. He even has his own YT channel i won,t mention here. He is very easy to spot. This story sounds just like something he would write. He is a American that considers himself a genius .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nong Khai Man said:

Or a Non-Imm " O " Based on MARRIAGE.......Which is EASILY Obtainable in Savanakhet....IF You have ALL the correct Documentation !!!

You can't get a Non-Imm O based on MARRIAGE unless you are married. The OP/Troll isn't, and that's his choice. If he was then it would certainly make life easier.

Edited by Bangkok Barry

19 hours ago, SteveK said:

I agree, if this story was fully genuine and he had done no wrong, he shouldn't be concerned but it does seem that there are some holes in the story.

It should be criminal for them to refuse you entry on not having sufficient funds when you have 20k in your wallet and a Thai bank book with you. Why don't they have another reason for refusal such as "person attempted to enter on incorrect visa type", rather than using the same old insufficient funds as a catch all to deny anyone?

Check out the 7th of June......i'm finding out more and more that the quota theory is making more sense......I've known this guy for almost thirty years in Thailand, sadly this is not the only case....

received_359723978307428.jpeg

• Confused 4

33 minutes ago, Mitkof Island said:

He has numerous fake accounts on YouTube. Harasses one YT channel in particular. He even has his own YT channel i won,t mention here. He is very easy to spot. This story sounds just like something he would write. He is a American that considers himself a genius .

Wrong again, he's not American he's British, and no he didn't write the article he just posted it........

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, chrisinth said:

The problem with going the retirement route is that he seems to be living with short term contracts, and if he were to get a job offer in Thailand he would no doubt want it. This is something that is often overlooked by people not in this situation.

Which would mean cancelling his retirement visa. He's only 53, still got some years in him to earn some money especially if he isn't in line for a company pension or benefits.

Edit: Just reading some more posts in the thread and it seems that a lot of people don't understand a person's standing with short term contracts, possibility of work in Thailand (his history of jobs in Thailand in the OP speaks for itself) and retirement visas.

Even in that situation ,  his best case is still the ret. ext. as he is 50+ and as you can hear all point out that the Thai I.O's like the proper visa status for those who in fact living in Thailand as home based ,even when working outside country .

Many whiteout working income  have this as a forced solution to them .

I understand that it is not his favorite choice..., but hey  in case the financials are the problem there is still in emergency the agents to help out (not my favorite one … but it is there ..) 

• Like 1