Refused entry TWICE, be warned.

2 minutes ago, Curmudgeonly59 said:

For the OP:

1. Great post - rational, informative.

2. Imm Officers you dealt with: unfortunately indicative of a broader malaise. Too late now but did you manage to get their names? I find that asking/looking for their names can help. These people frequently suffer from inferiority complexes - hence the overreaction.

3. Strongly suggest that you give this story to larger media outlets than Thai Visa - especially from your home country, if only as a warning of just how badly things can go wrong...

Why?

The OP was abusing the system and using a Thai visa that he doesn't qualify for while eschewing other, legal Thai visa options.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Curmudgeonly59 said:

For the OP:

1. Great post - rational, informative.

2. Imm Officers you dealt with: unfortunately indicative of a broader malaise. Too late now but did you manage to get their names? I find that asking/looking for their names can help. These people frequently suffer from inferiority complexes - hence the overreaction.

3. Strongly suggest that you give this story to larger media outlets than Thai Visa - especially from your home country, if only as a warning of just how badly things can go wrong...

It was posted precisely for that reason. It's true, it's nasty, and it could happen to anybody. It's not meant to be tried and judged on TV...........Common sense at last......

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Yes. The warning is if you qualify for a Non-O visa based on retirement in Thailand and you are living in Thailand, stop being a lazy ass and stop using SETV and METV that the Thai police orders clearly say you don't qualify for.

So let's consider the accusation of having insufficient funds to enter the Kingdom in the light of the recent post of the accuseds bank book ......I also have his work contract from Hong Kong...... All yours Sherlock.....

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, No1 said:

Agree. So the OP posts his beautiful write up, forgets to mention that it is actually not his story but someone else´s and disappears. Now some Supermarine dives up and shows bankbooks of that person? For me they are all one and the same.

Close, but no cigar.......... Bit of advice, if you do meet Syduan, RUN !

• Confused 1
  • Sad 4
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, andy72 said:

i actually find the whole story to be an absurdity

it was posted directly after a news article in which a young woman was detained in bkk for having a few missing pages in her passport

the op's description of the detaining cell matching that of the news article

the op is not a child 

why would he sign a confession
as for the ba guy well he sounds delightful

why would one buy a flight

if one had worked on several prestigious thailand projects one would assume some contacts

its simply not up to par

then it becomes even more ludicrous at PB Singapore being the obvious port of call for any respectably employed individual in Malaysia.

& now we have a senior member popping up with a bank book and claiming defamation
it soars way above trolling  
its up to par more with a Malaysian movie production rather than a thai one

and of course we have all visited the thai embassy in BKK
only last week i happened to pop in dutch embassy in Amsterdam just to get a bit of medication you understand 

and thats what this post requires.............. medicated

Absurdity....... was that the word of the day ?  What would the guy do if he say works in North Malaysia, surely the Thai border would be easier ?  I know that his first border crossing was at Johor Baru so he thought he'd vary his travels, out of luck it would appear..... Ask anyone who's been refused entry into Thailand you always have to pay for your flight out, even when you're dead..... Hey, by the way i think i can hear your mother calling you to come back in...... 

• Sad 1

21 hours ago, phuketrichard said:

I see NO MENTION of how many visas, visa exempts the OP had previous to the original denial.

without this info, we cant make a decision if he was unlucky or he F#@ked up and has been scamming the system for years

I did see the bit about the boat on a reef, the poster needs to prioritise his information.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, SupermarineS6B said:

Absurdity....... was that the word of the day ?  What would the guy do if he say works in North Malaysia, surely the Thai border would be easier ?  I know that his first border crossing was at Johor Baru so he thought he'd vary his travels, out of luck it would appear..... Ask anyone who's been refused entry into Thailand you always have to pay for your flight out, even when you're dead..... Hey, by the way i think i can hear your mother calling you to come back in...... 

You can only do 2 land border crossings in a calendar year.

i was refused entry last month at dannok because i entered there in january and april. So last month would be my third entry. Was sent back to malaysia where I work so wasnt a great hassle.  Just wont bother with thailand again by land or air.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sujo said:

You can only do 2 land border crossings in a calendar year.

i was refused entry last month at dannok because i entered there in january and april. So last month would be my third entry. Was sent back to malaysia where I work so wasnt a great hassle.  Just wont bother with thailand again by land or air.

not exactly true,

only allowed 2 VISA EXEMPT land entries,

get a visa, unlimited entries

so all in all you got refused for a perfectly good valid reason>why did you expect to get thru anyway??

Edited by phuketrichard
  • Like 1

Wow! What a long story.

It would have been much better if you can break your long story into small paragraphs and separated with a blank line like above.

I stopped reading after the first para. BTW, there are many refusal threads and almost refused threads lately by other forummers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

started to read your story, then saw how long it was and normally cant be bothered to read it all, but i continue to read it and could not stop reading this unbelievable story, all i can say is WOW. so many unnecessary problems i hope things get better for you. i was griped by your story like i would be with a good book. ????

2 hours ago, phuketrichard said:

not exactly true,

only allowed 2 VISA EXEMPT land entries,

get a visa, unlimited entries

so all in all you got refused for a perfectly good valid reason>why did you expect to get thru anyway??

Because it didnt occur to me that there would be a different rule to enter via land than air.

Its just not something I thought about considering my visits were in january and april for about 4 days each time i didnt consider it would be an issue as im obviously a tourist.

I would question why its a good valid reason as im an obvious tourist.

Edited by Sujo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Sujo said:

Because it didnt occur to me that there would be a different rule to enter via land than air.

Why if you are an active member of TV with nearly 100 posts, and you are reading and posting in the visa section have you not read about the very basic 2 land crossing rules?

Edited by scottiejohn
s added

31 minutes ago, Sujo said:

Its just not something I thought about considering my visits were in january and april for about 4 days each time i didnt consider it would be an issue as im obviously a tourist.

I would question why its a good valid reason as im an obvious tourist.

IRRELEVANT what ur reason is, for nearly 2 years, its been ONLY  2 visa exempt land entries/calendar year for everyone, ( but Malaysians) for whatever reason.>
You can fly in and get unlimited visa exempt entries, ( or at least till they start to question you  ???? ) >
if ur traveling, its always good to know the rules

ignorance is no excuse,sorry.

Edited by phuketrichard
  • Like 2

On 10/10/2019 at 4:30 PM, SteveK said:

I agree, if this story was fully genuine and he had done no wrong, he shouldn't be concerned but it does seem that there are some holes in the story.

It should be criminal for them to refuse you entry on not having sufficient funds when you have 20k in your wallet and a Thai bank book with you. Why don't they have another reason for refusal such as "person attempted to enter on incorrect visa type", rather than using the same old insufficient funds as a catch all to deny anyone?

He did not have B20k or the equivalent in cash, at least he didn't say that he did.  It's a requirement if the IO asks for it and evidence of funds elsewhere doesn't count.  

He didn't say that he had a Thai bank book either but if he did and he showed it to the IO that could hardly be used by him as an argument to justify his not living here or possibly looking for work!

Edited by Just Weird
  • Confused 1

On 10/10/2019 at 5:20 PM, tabarin said:

People often say that a clean passport doesn't help because it doesn't change the systems. 

I beg the difference as these type of refusals is almost never due to the computer system but due to the IO his/her discretion,
and almost always after seeing many many used pages with visa's in the psychical passport. 

However, when they see visa's like the non-o, they seem to not abuse this discretion + be careless of the history.
Any IO loves a clean thin passport with a brand new visa. I would have done that if refused already.

All that aside, I guess me is very lucky, I still have the same passport with even a 1y blacklist stamp in it.

"I beg the difference as these type of refusals is almost never due to the computer system but due to the IO his/her discretion..."

Really?  The very first thing any IO does is enter the details of the passport into the computer, obviously!