Refused entry TWICE, be warned.

No1, when I wrote to Fred what you quoted from me above, I was somewhere in the middle of reading this long thread.  It shoots my answer towards the end.  Then I continued to read and more posts happened ...understand how it works??

However regarding your man with two different ages ...isn’t that due to one age being the man in the story who got rejected, the engineer, who is 53, and the other man who is older, is the poster who has has an account on TV?.

I don’t personally think this is such a big deal.

• Confused 1

It is, but most people refused seem to stop thinking and enter a 'blind funk' state.
If I were denied I'd 1st ask to appeal, then 2nd call the immigration solicitor that my gf is friends with.
Just came in on my 10th consecutive non 'o' this weekend at CNX, immigration didn't even look at me.
Where did you get the non imm O?
I understand getting a retirement non imm O may not be possible if not receiving a state pension such as most people 50 to 65+, as you are meant to prove being retired

12 hours ago, Sujo said:

It is not irrelevant. Do you know all visa options for places you go?

i never said ignorance is an excuse. I said i was a tourist.

btw, my vietnamese and philippina friends have done border crossings each month for over 2 years. But they pay an agent rm200 each time. So its obviously one of those rubber laws. If i want to do it i will use an agent next time. But i wont, will just go elsewhere.

fliipinos, vietnamese are ASEAN members and get FREE UNLIMITED entries for 14-30  days.  Its NOT, as you call it a rubber law

YOUR not>>>>

and YES<having traveled to over 80 countries, i ALWAYS check the visa situation before i travel

• Like 2

20 hours ago, SupermarineS6B said:

So let's consider the accusation of having insufficient funds to enter the Kingdom in the light of the recent post of the accuseds bank book ......I also have his work contract from Hong Kong...... All yours Sherlock.....

My dear Watson, having a wedge in a Thai bank, albeit a paltry one, and a contract for work in a third country doesn't preclude the OP from getting the correct visa for his long-term residence in Thailand.

As I mentioned earlier, the 12.2 criteria is easily applied when Thai immigration officers either don't ask to see any cash or feign total disinterest and avert their eyes when cash and/or a bank book is waived under their noses. THEY HAVEN'T SEEN IT THUS IT DOESN'T EXIST!

• Like 1

21 hours ago, SupermarineS6B said:

The incident has now been taken up as a legal case of defamation against Thai immigration

Defamation?

Having the wrong Thai visa for their personal circumstances isn't defamation in any shape or form. Not even close.

14 hours ago, baboon said:

Well she was bitterly disappointed, then.

In your mind maybe?

12 hours ago, Sujo said:

Havent you read about how western tourism has declined.

Last time I looked in my atlas of the world, India and China were still firmly in the east and not in the west.

3 hours ago, amykat said:

No1, when I wrote to Fred what you quoted from me above, I was somewhere in the middle of reading this long thread.  It shoots my answer towards the end.  Then I continued to read and more posts happened ...understand how it works??

However regarding your man with two different ages ...isn’t that due to one age being the man in the story who got rejected, the engineer, who is 53, and the other man who is older, is the poster who has has an account on TV?.

I don’t personally think this is such a big deal.

I don't have a clue where he dug up the 2 different ages, as you say probably an old post, regardless, I posted the article for my friend in good faith thinking the public should be made aware of the situation. Instead of a positive reaction we've received an undeserved barrage of insult which really says everything about many of the expats in Thailand..... pathetic.

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, baboon said:
18 hours ago, Just Weird said:

"My whereabouts, activities and length of time outside the UK were not"

Oh yes, as a Border Force officer they sure were her business.

"Plus I didn't care for her tone or attitude".

That's just tough, your feelings don't come into it.

Well she was bitterly disappointed, then.

I doubt it.

17 hours ago, Sujo said:

Havent you read about how western tourism has declined.

Yes, I have, 1.9%, this year over last is the latest figure, or something like that, I can't be bothered to look it up.  You do know how many millions still come here, yes?   Explain to me how that correlates to being "up the swanny".

Of course, if you're referring only to Thaivisa bar-goers opinions of "the figures" as posted here  (tediously regularly), reading them is a waste of everyone's time, as they have no credence whatsoever.

Edited by Just Weird
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Sujo said:

They have no business to ask a citizen what they have been doing. 

I have had that twice in 10 years going to australia. They wanted to know why i was gone so long and what i was doing.

simple, none of your business.

"They have no business to ask a citizen what they have been doing."

UK Border Force officers, who are the ones that we were talking about, sure do have the right to question anyone entering the country. I don't care about Australian agencies as it's irrelevant to my comments.

16 hours ago, scottiejohn said:

I think they actuallay will open the pasport, look at you and see if you look anything like the biometrics, peruse the pages and then enter your passport details into their system.

Ok, I'll compromise, they open the passport, look at you and then enter the details into the passport or the computer reads the PP info.   

5 hours ago, phuketrichard said:

fliipinos, vietnamese are ASEAN members and get FREE UNLIMITED entries for 14-30  days.  Its NOT, as you call it a rubber law

YOUR not>>>>

and YES<having traveled to over 80 countries, i ALWAYS check the visa situation before i travel

Not Filipino they are the exception. I met a couple on a border run and they are limited at 2 land border run per calendar year (3 with the right contact). 

Edited by Tayaout

5 hours ago, FredGallaher said:

As I said at the beginning the story was fabricated and had huge holes. Not even a good BSer in my opinion. The engineers I've known have a good eye for details and are never so sloppy. 

Mr Gallaher i suggest you go to the heads and empty yourself you seem to be full of it..... As i've previously stated the account is 100% correct, if it wasn't it wouldn't be currently being pursued legally. What i find so incredibly unbelievable is why do you think people should furnish precise details to you ? afterall, what and who are you ? I'm betting that you're the guy that's always sat in the way at the bar reading the paper generally being a pain in the rear end. As for Engineers, the guy in question whom i've known for years as stated in the article has worked on the largest projects in the country as an Engineer....... I wonder if you'll be so kind as to furnish TV with your profession and qualification, or would that be embarassing ? 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

It's a form of denial.

"If I don't do anything wrong they'll let me in, therefore you must have done something wrong."

They can't accept immigration are totally random in their refusals, and they are as likely to be rejected as anyone else.

Did you just get off the boat ? Thailand's just about to commit murder to save face..... I lived nearly thirty years in Thailand and i've witnessed numerous counts of innocent people fitted up by the authorities........ Sadly there's lots of people on TV with very little experience of Thailand passing their half baked western opinions that do not cut it outside of Milton Keynes..... 

3 minutes ago, SupermarineS6B said:

Did you just get off the boat ? Thailand's just about to commit murder to save face..... I lived nearly thirty years in Thailand and i've witnessed numerous counts of innocent people fitted up by the authorities........ Sadly there's lots of people on TV with very little experience of Thailand passing their half baked western opinions that do not cut it outside of Milton Keynes..... 

I'll just put you on ignore as your English comprehension skills appear too poor for any reasonable levels of discussion.

Have a nice day.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I'll just put you on ignore as your English comprehension skills appear too poor for any reasonable levels of discussion.

Have a nice day.

Hey Mr Brit man, if you can't stand an answer to your post i suggest you refrain from sticking your two penneth worth in....... Comprehension skills ? The guy in question was informed by immigration the he " Travels too much"....... Was that random ? 

Edited by SupermarineS6B

Im returning to Bangkok next month on a SETV 60 days.

I spend 2 months in Brisbane, then 2 months in Bangkok to see friends and enjoy myself.

I'm 56, not retired, or working, as I have no need to with a good property portfolio

I usually get 3 visas a year, and stay about 58 days. I always have more than the required funds, and a return ticket back to Australia. I'm also mindful of this 180 day limit. 

I have never stayed more than 180 days in any one year.

Am I also in danger of getting refused. And if I do what should I do?, request an appeal?

As I arrive on a direct Air Asia flight I've considered flying on to Vientiane in order to cross by land if I get refused.

I'm trying to cover all bases & always within the law. I've never had a visa extension.

Can anyone advise if my strategy is ok? or if I should do more.

Thank you

5 hours ago, NanLaew said:

Defamation?

Having the wrong Thai visa for their personal circumstances isn't defamation in any shape or form. Not even close.

Yes but being accused of having insufficient funds and seeking work in Thailand when the accused has evidence to the contrary is....... Charged without evidence and denied travel totally on false charges. Defamation..... Sadly we're dealing with a third world legal system so other methods will be introduced..... As a lawyer colleague of mine explained to me a long time ago, " Thai law is who you know and how much money you've got ".......

Edited by SupermarineS6B
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Wytchend said:

Im returning to Bangkok next month on a SETV 60 days.

I spend 2 months in Brisbane, then 2 months in Bangkok to see friends and enjoy myself.

I'm 56, not retired, or working, as I have no need to with a good property portfolio

I usually get 3 visas a year, and stay about 58 days. I always have more than the required funds, and a return ticket back to Australia. I'm also mindful of this 180 day limit. 

I have never stayed more than 180 days in any one year.

Am I also in danger of getting refused. And if I do what should I do?, request an appeal?

As I arrive on a direct Air Asia flight I've considered flying on to Vientiane in order to cross by land if I get refused.

I'm trying to cover all bases & always within the law. I've never had a visa extension.

Can anyone advise if my strategy is ok? or if I should do more.

Thank you

No. You are perfectly OK. You do what tourists do and not attempt to live here on the incorrect visa.
Enjoy your holiday

1 hour ago, SupermarineS6B said:

Yes but being accused of having insufficient funds and seeking work in Thailand when the accused has evidence to the contrary is....... Charged without evidence and denied travel totally on false charges. Defamation..... Sadly we're dealing with a third world legal system so other methods will be introduced..... As a lawyer colleague of mine explained to me a long time ago, " Thai law is who you know and how much money you've got ".......

Many of us do not believe that the story is true and you already had to admit that the OP -although using the first person- was posting this write-up for an unidentified and unknown engineer who prefers to stay silent on this forum and has no access to the internet since June. He has no need to to earn any money in Thailand since he has a whooping 60k THB on the account.
First you tried to make us believe that a defamation law suit has been filed. Now -as a colleague of a lawyer- you had to admit that this is not going nowhere and you will persue another way which will not leave any traces on the the legal system. So it all ends up in wether someone believes you the story or not. 

Am I the only one who wonders if Thai immigration is reading this thread and feels defamed themselves?

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, FredGallaher said:

Do a google search on sy duan and check the twitter pages. He's a sick puppy. Also gives his name. supermarine thinks he's an airplane (WWII) both live in alternate reality. 

Yeah, I suggested this 4 or 5 pages ago but it seems that people start reading the first and the last page only and are then surprised to read that this story is fictional and the characters involved have escaped the looney bin. Have to keep reminding them in case the information gets lost if this thread is not being closed by the admins eventually. When you do find the twitter profile of Sysduan just look out for the stuff he uploaded (search for "added") himself.