Thailand to host World Ganja Festival 2020

webfact

17 hours ago, webfact said:

BANGKOK (NNT) - Following the liberalization of cannabis for medical use, marijuana is being seen as a potential cash crop which can benefit Thailand’s economy. The Association of Researchers of Thailand has now joined members of the public and the private sector to organize the World Ganja Festival 2020.

Who will be the Jamaican representative .....LOL

• Haha 1

It is amusing to read posts about huge fines and massive sentences for marijuana use or possession. It has been a level 5 narcotic for many years. A few years ago I was caught with half a pound of weed here and was fined 3000 baht. I also know of people caught with big amounts with relatively small sentences.. 3 years for 200kg and 7 years for 1000kg.

I am in no way condoning the use of drugs and bear in mind class 1 drugs will get you many years. I know a young man who was caught buying just 2 yaba and told the police they were for his friend. He got 3 years.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, FarFlungFalang said:

Great idea,another step in the right direction.We need every bit of exposure we can get to show that ganja is good.Just keep stepping towards full legalisation.

Terrible idea ! Your thinking with a farang brain again. These people cannot handle alcohol, how do you think they will handle marajuana ? 

I can pretty much 100% guarantee the new faulty brakes will be dodgy marajuana batch

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

28 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

I order hash oil from a shop in Bangkok and it arrives at my door in the back blocks of Yasothon the next day all totally legal yet it's illegal for me to consume it but consume it I must and illegally at that because I don't always follow the rules.What an amazing place this is and different I love it.

Is it CBD oil? What do you use it for? 

I got some cbd oil oral spray when I went home to Australia. It’s used for anxiety and works very well, but there aren’t any psychoactive qualities so it doesn’t make me feel ‘high’.

ever wonder why Thailand never became a hub for international artist unlike Bali?  first the Thai's are very myopic and self centered in their understanding or acceptance of the anything that originates outside of Thailand except maybe for KFC ect.  to accept anything outstanding that was created outside of Thai culture would be to loose face.  ever wonder why the great rock groups never played Bangkok but avoided them like the plague?  ever wonder why international artist did not establish a commune in Thailand unlike in other parts of SEA?  Thailand culturally is a flyover country.  it will never progress and remain isolated, clinging onto outdated values while the rest of SEA leaves them in the proverbial dust.  this Ganja hoax is just PR.  it will never happen with a provincial military government in power.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, overherebc said:

Latest news from UK on the drug front is from a place in the Midlands where addicts are starting today going to get free heroin ( free meaning on tax payers money ) so, you can start on ganja, move on to E then coke at your cost then go for heroin at everyone elses expense.

Thailand should keep an eye on that one.

BS

• Like 1

Hahaha high quality strains!   1%thc and 1%cbd does not make for good medicinal marijuana.  The stuff that Thailand is growing is complete junk and will have little to no medicinal value.  They are shooting themselves in the foot if they are going to study patients given this garbage.  There is so much information and so many good strains available around the world that Thailand is just ignoring.  Thailand will never be able to capitalize on medical marijuana tourism or exporting cannabis because they will have an inferior product

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, sillyfool said:

do you drink at all my friend ? if you do drink i am sure there are many people who don't support your junkie lifestyle either. if you don't bravo to you.

in 2017 7697 people died from alcohol in the uk. then there was  2208 people who died from their junkie (opiates) lifestyle in 2018.

will you show the same outrage for a far more serious legal problem ? 

i anxiously await your reply. 

chon gao !!

I do enjoy a beer and a couple of GT's at night.

At times I have worked offshore for periods of two weeks to at longest 3 months and those were no booze places and it didn't bother me. Can the same be said for a junkie? If I over indulge in my habit, who drinks and hasn't, leaving it for week or so is fine for me. Coke and heroin junkies need more to feel 'normal'

The industry that produces my chosen 'drug' is legal and isn't run by people who go around murdering each other by the hundreds to get it all to themselves. 

Even if it was legal to produce the drugs, talking about medicinal use cannabis, do you honestly believe that recreational cannabis will still not be grown and used, and even if that was made legal the mindset is still going to be there in terms of cutting out the competition.

Make coke and herion legal and the same will happen and the death count will go up.

It's here and no changes to the law will make a difference.