Refused Entry in BKK - Second METV - Deported back to London

Way beyond a joke at this point...

5 hours ago, nailbrains8 said:

I've known him since he first came to Thailand and his only other history was a single entry tourist visa.

- Single Entry (back to England)

- METV (back to England)

- METV (DENIED)

That's his entire history.

Do you know how long he's spent in Thailand within the last 12 months?

I'm starting to wonder if an SETV is actually safer because it doesn't signal 'if you let me in now I'll be back again pretty soon'.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, cerox said:

He should dress like a tourist and not like a business person. This is to all people who think it is "cool" to wear a suit when passing Immigration but it is more suspicious.

Most likely he was denied because it is his second METV, you come to Thailand too much ????

He does dress like a tourist. 

16 minutes ago, Percy Penguin said:

Way beyond a joke at this point...

Do you know how long he's spent in Thailand within the last 12 months?

I'm starting to wonder if an SETV is actually safer because it doesn't signal 'if you let me in now I'll be back again pretty soon'.

Spent 8-9 months in total but was in and out visiting other countries during that time.

4 hours ago, cerox said:

He should dress like a tourist and not like a business person. This is to all people who think it is "cool" to wear a suit when passing Immigration but it is more suspicious.

Most likely he was denied because it is his second METV, you come to Thailand too much ????

"This is to all people who think it is "cool" to wear a suit when passing Immigration but it is more suspicious." 

Why do all the so called "digital nomads suits" …?

I was not denied last year wearing suit and tie ???? but admit not a entry with a METV

Edited by david555

4 hours ago, cerox said:

When I travel, most of the time I have a variety of clothing items with me. If trying to travel light, it is actually convenient to wear the more bulky items that include long trousers and a jacket as you do not then need to fit them in your bag. I have never had the impression that wearing a jacket and long trousers marks you out as an undesirable, but I suppose some officials might feel that way. Of course, if you never go anywhere that requires you to dress up, this is not an issue.

Regardless, even if not going somewhere that merits taking more formal attire, I would still be passing immigration in smart casual clothing (in particular, a shirt or shorts shirt with a collar, and some sort of footwear other than cheap flip-flops).

• Like 2

5 hours ago, cerox said:

This is to all people who think it is "cool" to wear a suit when passing Immigration but it is more suspicious

Who wears suiits in tropical country like Thailand unless the person is  in a temperatiure controlled environment for 24 hours.?

• Sad 1

24 minutes ago, nailbrains8 said:

He even asked at the embassy in the UK to make sure he was getting the correct visa. They told him there wouldn't be any problems.

How does the embassy know if he would have problems or not? It is a stupid thing to ask embassy and make his decision based on that. Thai IOs have become adept at spotting people who come to Thailand for living. Not having money is a ruse they use as there is no other option for them to select. 

Edited by onera1961
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, cerox said:

Yes, you come to Thailand too much. There is a limited supply of brothel girls. Thailand has aging population like developed countries. Less young girls to oggle in brothels. Go back go back to your country and visit brothels in your own country. Or marry one of the brothel girls and move to Issan and get an O visa from Savannakhet.

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, BritTim said:

When I travel, most of the time I have a variety of clothing items with me. If trying to travel light, it is actually convenient to wear the more bulky items that include long trousers and a jacket as you do not then need to fit them in your bag. I have never had the impression that wearing a jacket and long trousers marks you out as an undesirable, but I suppose some officials might feel that way. Of course, if you never go anywhere that requires you to dress up, this is not an issue.

Regardless, even if not going somewhere that merits taking more formal attire, I would still be passing immigration in smart casual clothing (in particular, a shirt or shorts shirt with a collar, and some sort of footwear other than cheap flip-flops).

If you're wearing a suit you have come to do business you are not a tourist especially traveling economy class.

• Sad 1

16 minutes ago, nailbrains8 said:

Yes, he wanted to fly to Vietnam but they wouldn't allow it.

I'm surprised they made him pay for it. I was under the impresson the airline would have to pay for it. 

Personally if this ever happens to me im going to fly somewhere else when i hit my layover in whatever country. I guess the thing u have to worry about is losing your luggage if u do that so hopefully you travel light. 

Pretty messed up they make u have a huge amount of paperwork letter from employer etc when u get this visa and then u get to Thailand and they go "nope u go home buy ticket". 

Was this Suv or DMK?