BANGKOK
nailbrains8

Refused Entry in BKK - Second METV - Deported back to London

Way beyond a joke at this point...

5 hours ago, nailbrains8 said:

I've known him since he first came to Thailand and his only other history was a single entry tourist visa.

- Single Entry (back to England)

- METV (back to England)

- METV (DENIED)

That's his entire history.

Do you know how long he's spent in Thailand within the last 12 months?

I'm starting to wonder if an SETV is actually safer because it doesn't signal 'if you let me in now I'll be back again pretty soon'.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, cerox said:

He should dress like a tourist and not like a business person. This is to all people who think it is "cool" to wear a suit when passing Immigration but it is more suspicious.

Most likely he was denied because it is his second METV, you come to Thailand too much 🙂

He does dress like a tourist. 

16 minutes ago, Percy Penguin said:

Way beyond a joke at this point...

Do you know how long he's spent in Thailand within the last 12 months?

I'm starting to wonder if an SETV is actually safer because it doesn't signal 'if you let me in now I'll be back again pretty soon'.

Spent 8-9 months in total but was in and out visiting other countries during that time.

Just curious..did he arrive in Economy or Business/First through the Premium Lane? Moreover..he had no contact person/gf to call?

3 minutes ago, SpanishExpat said:

Just curious..did he arrive in Economy or Business/First through the Premium Lane? Moreover..he had no contact person/gf to call?

Economy. He doesn't have a girlfriend, no.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, cerox said:

He should dress like a tourist and not like a business person. This is to all people who think it is "cool" to wear a suit when passing Immigration but it is more suspicious.

Most likely he was denied because it is his second METV, you come to Thailand too much 🙂

"This is to all people who think it is "cool" to wear a suit when passing Immigration but it is more suspicious." 

Why do all the so called "digital nomads suits" …?

I was not denied last year wearing suit and tie 😉 but admit not a entry with a METV

Edited by david555

4 hours ago, cerox said:

When I travel, most of the time I have a variety of clothing items with me. If trying to travel light, it is actually convenient to wear the more bulky items that include long trousers and a jacket as you do not then need to fit them in your bag. I have never had the impression that wearing a jacket and long trousers marks you out as an undesirable, but I suppose some officials might feel that way. Of course, if you never go anywhere that requires you to dress up, this is not an issue.

Regardless, even if not going somewhere that merits taking more formal attire, I would still be passing immigration in smart casual clothing (in particular, a shirt or shorts shirt with a collar, and some sort of footwear other than cheap flip-flops).

• Like 2

Last time I came in on a Tourist Visa. They asked to see my return ticket.... “No hab” I said. Told em I would convert to Retirement Visa and showed I had one before. No problem.

• Like 2