Are Thais reacting to Farang negative attitudes?

sirineou

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

I think what does happen and is known is that the visa forum parts are read by immigration. When people talk about loopholes yes sometimes action has probably been taken in response to that information share. Loose farang lips sink ships. 

A very salient point that I missed in my first response to your reply. To think that authorities do not monitor these pages especially when it pertains to issues associated with their responsibilities is IMO laughable, then we ask with surprise when they react.

Indeed "Loose farang lips sink ships. "

Edited by sirineou
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

I think what does happen and is known is that the visa forum parts are read by immigration. When people talk about loopholes yes sometimes action has probably been taken in response to that information share. Loose farang lips sink ships. 

So they have stopped all the ‘hookey” retirement extensions then ?

3 minutes ago, whitemouse said:

Next time Phuket  tuk tuk driver charges me 300 baht for 300 meter ride, I will pay him 500, and offer to take him out to dinner. I will also apologize for all bad farangs, and their bad thoughts. 

Now that's silly 

No one says that you should not complain when you are ripped off , but if you were to infer that all Thais, or most Thais are thieves , Then that would be a totally different thing. 

Same applies to everything else. One can have a legitimate gripe about a specific thing but to generalise these gripes to a whole populations........

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Selatan said:

Do you share your views about the Thais with them, and in the Thai language?

As a matter of fact I do, I work with 60 Thai's everyday, as I have done for 20 years, do you?

Edited by PatOngo

3 minutes ago, Jip99 said:

So they have stopped all the ‘hookey” retirement extensions then ?

I dot know what "hookey' retirement extensions are, From the sound of it I think I might want one,

but perhaps after they read your post wont be long until no more  extensions based on hookey retirement LOL 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Are Thais reacting to Farang negative attitudes?

Definitely . On public holidays when they are inebriated a lynch mob with hoes and pitchforks often disturb my sleep outside our front gate but our four dogs see them off after about 30 minutes.

The mom and pop shop where I get my herbal Lao Khao liver rub is only 500 yards away but nowadays I go armed and keep my wits about me.

Apart from that everything else is normal

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, sirineou said:

I dot know what "hookey' retirement extensions are, From the sound of it I think I might want one,

but perhaps after they read your post wont be long until no more  extensions based on hookey retirement LOL 

Looks like they haven’t started yet.... ????

47 minutes ago, Yinn said:

Most Thai lazy to read this. I not read the long post.

Yinn, I couldn't agree more . Saying a lot is ok if you have a lot of important things to say.

But some posters don't have much to say but they make a long post thinking quantity is as good as quality.

Many posters , not only yourself , don't read very long posts because from experience they know that generally the longer the post the less the poster has to say.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Yinn said:

Someone say thaivisa have thai member before. But the “bully” to much. So they give up.

No problem for me because

1) I am the witch

2) I am genius

3) I have superiority feeling.

Many people say bad thing about me. I am the pregnant ladyboy dog etc.

This people can not beat the witch.

Also most Thai people lazy to listen to criticize, complain, mock and ridicule everyday. For what? This not thai style.

Most Thai lazy to read this. I not read the long post. Easy for train my English the short post. My teacher want me post 10x per day. I think I improve slowly. Some day no time. Many new word and phrase for me. 

I not care criticize if real. But normally the translation and the story choose is to criticize, mock and ridicule. A lot of good news in thailand, but not is popular on TVF. “Over” to much.

I post the recommend good place to go for trip, good music, but it not popular TVF. Nobody read it. 55555

I think if post “why every thai people so lazy and stupid” one it will be popular so much. 55555 they will love it!

Also is the “man” forum. Not really polite, but up to them. Have some farang women, but they not friendly me also. That disappointing more. Can be friend. But up to them.

Some want argue with me everything. Boring.

But, some guy here is the good one. Villagefarang I like the most. Nice person. Positive. Other one I like. Some is terrible (I use his quote for my thred)

So answer your question. I think because the “bully.” Bully the woman, bully the thai. To much. Argue. To much. Negative. To much.

Terrible? 

Everybody have own opinion. 

You like the person agree with you. 

I like you because you not agree with me. 

That why I am superior. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, brokenbone said:

im not thai but i am reacting to the endless bashing,

there is hardly a single topic that goes by without some having a dig at thais, but equally pathetic is that it also goes the other way around, having a dig at falangs when ever possible, and as a finisher having a dig at pattaya.

beats me where all the malice comes from,

but i suspect bitter age

Bitter old age , i like that one ,  so true .

Nothing better to do, so sad ..

Edited by elliss
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, PatOngo said:

As a matter of fact I do, I work with 60 Thai's everyday, as I have done for 20 years, do you?

Still learning Thai, not that good yet. First time to Thailand only 2 years ago.

Do you actually say bad things about them in front of them? And how do they react? Hope to learn from any mistake, if possible.

3 hours ago, Yinn said:

Someone say thaivisa have thai member before. But the “bully” to much. So they give up.

No problem for me because

1) I am the witch

2) I am genius

3) I have superiority feeling.

Many people say bad thing about me. I am the pregnant ladyboy dog etc.

This people can not beat the witch.

Also most Thai people lazy to listen to criticize, complain, mock and ridicule everyday. For what? This not thai style.

Most Thai lazy to read this. I not read the long post. Easy for train my English the short post. My teacher want me post 10x per day. I think I improve slowly. Some day no time. Many new word and phrase for me. 

I not care criticize if real. But normally the translation and the story choose is to criticize, mock and ridicule. A lot of good news in thailand, but not is popular on TVF. “Over” to much.

I post the recommend good place to go for trip, good music, but it not popular TVF. Nobody read it. 55555

I think if post “why every thai people so lazy and stupid” one it will be popular so much. 55555 they will love it!

Also is the “man” forum. Not really polite, but up to them. Have some farang women, but they not friendly me also. That disappointing more. Can be friend. But up to them.

Some want argue with me everything. Boring.

But, some guy here is the good one. Villagefarang I like the most. Nice person. Positive. Other one I like. Some is terrible (I use his quote for my thred)

So answer your question. I think because the “bully.” Bully the woman, bully the thai. To much. Argue. To much. Negative. To much.

hey yinn, would you mind telling me your age ?

also would you like us to correct sentences ? like when you write

"so answer your question'

i would write 'so to answer your question'

Edited by brokenbone

1 hour ago, Zikomat said:

When I first arrived to Thailand I have thought Thais are the best people. As the time went by - I started to notice their minuses and idiocies here and there. Then more and more. My final conclusion - the Thais are the same human creatures as any others out there. There are some specific moments but, at the end, we are all the same. 

:clap2: Thank you

We are all products of our culture anything different would be eccentric.

Thais do some things better , other things worst, we do some things worst other things better , same for anyone in this world.

What I am concerned with, is the way some react to this basic fact of life. And not only for the effect it has on those the vitriol is directed at, but also for the effect it has on me and mine.

My concern is not totally altruistic.

I am seeing all these changes in attitude and regulation taking place lately. and I am thinking , can it be because of the idiotic behaviour of some?? 

For instance addressing Thai males with a pejorative "Somchais "  how can this be allowed in oppen forum?  

How would any nationality react if they were addressed with such disrespect by immigrants in their country. 

How would let's say the British react if Romanians in their country were acting toward their hosts the way we are acting toward our hosts? Would the vote for a Brexit? Shut their borders to immigration,

How would we in America react toward let's say Mexicans in the US, if they talked about as in the same way? I know there is no commonality. Simply using the above to make a point.

If Thais are no different than anyone else as I hope we have agreed above, then might they not react like everyone else?

IMO I think we need to shut these people down or they will take us down with them.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, CharlieH said:

I believe far too many people (expats) place too much importance on their presence here and whether or not it really matters in the large scheme of things.

It was different when the white man was Bwana. Now he aint Bwana any more. Hijerku Pinisawa, Oh Soo Mi and Won Hung Low are Bwana now.

That being said, and sorry to offend y'all, Yanks still matter, because without them everybody in SE Asia would be speaking Mandarin, or at least their overlords would be. So we get treated like gold. Plus we tip. ???? 

6 hours ago, DEKEM said:

in general, whereever a foreigner goes, the locals talk.  in some places, it's really bad.  in other places, so so.  this is my experience in the 40+ years I have traveled around the world.

dude depending on where I go I still get kids staring at me, locals wanting to talk horrible english, people looking, dooee farang. Hell the other day me I stopped to buy a Soda at a tiny shopfront in this little alley and ended up in a 20 minute conversation that started, Oh please Sir, Where are You from? US. Oh wonderful, I am from Nepal. Cool dude, you a Ghurka? (I should have asked if he can score some Nepalese hash, damn, I think Ill go back) Oh you know Gorkali? My cousin is in Singapore. Please sir, sit down.......now think about it when was the last time that nepalese dude got to shoot the bull with a good old boy like me. He peddles Mama noodles and Est Cola to random passerbys outside the tourist areas. What a boring life. A couple if his buddies came by and stared. They probably talked about me after I left, yeah Uday, that guy from the US was cool but what an ugly MFr hehehehe. So a fat smelly sweatstained smiling foreigner with Srai Grok grease in his scraggy beard and more rolls than a jewish deli is clearly the subject of conversation.

On the other hand, its universal, people EVERYWHERE are fascinated by the unusual or different or out of the ordinary and will talk about it. Looky, if I was with one of my hillbilly relatives and we saw a Long Necked Karen chick in Nordies in Durham NC he would be saying, wow, look at that chicks stretched out neck, yeah you dumbass, thats a long necked karen girl, etc....

I love the stories you see here from guys in the villages and small towns and the stuff that goes on there.

I have lived here 20 years...I can speak Thai, but not fluently. Thai ladies ask me why I cannot speak "good" Thai....I tell them it's because I don't want to know what Thai people are saying about me....(tongue in cheek)...but half serious at the same time.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Solinvictus said:

First, I'd like to say, Thais could care less really about gripes or complaints from foreigners. That's right, even if we have a valid point or logical idea...

I disagree with you.  and just to let you know, I'm asian.

asians in general have long memories.  if you do something good to them, they remember.  for instance, I had this friend of mine (who happens to also be asian) give this ladyboy who was begging for money to get food to eat 200 baht.  several years later, she still remembers me and my friend.

when I first moved to thailand 22+ years ago, I didn't know any thai.  I remember walking up and down this soi.  the motorcycle taxi guys would greet me with "uuing".  they ALL would say that to me every day.  "uuing".  "uuing".  after a few weeks of this, I thought to myself..  "uuing" must mean hello.  so, I started saying "uuing" to everybody too.  people miles away would say "uuing" to me too.  so, in my mind, "uuing" MUST mean hello.

then, I started my classes at AUA.  on the first day when I greeted the teacher with "uuing" thinking I was smart.  she replied "why you call me fat?"

on that day, I realized that all the motorcycle taxi guys on my soi told all the motorcycle taxi guys up and down the block my story.  I'm talking for miles around, mind you.  I realized I was a big joke to all of them.

thais remember EVERYTHING.  and they spread it around.  all asians are like this.  whether you are in thailand, china, the PI, cambodia, etc.  EVERYWHERE.

a long time ago, I almost went crazy over this reality.  but then, I realized it's everywhere.  heck, you get confirmation of this on thaivisa.

moral of the story,... adapt or die.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Yinn said:

Normal thai people not care/think about caucasion people,

Thanks Yinn... this is truly what Thai people think.. my family would be bored by TVF conversations in 2 minutes...

I walked past a frustrated Westerner at a shopping mall sitting at an AIS booth or something... he was calm at least, but telling the young lady who worked there how customer service was so much better in his country... the fact that it was Sunday and she probably could not do much to help anyway... but, this condescending <deleted> goes on all the time... 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, dotpoom said:

I have lived here 20 years...I can speak Thai, but not fluently. Thai ladies ask me why I cannot speak "good" Thai....I tell them it's because I don't want to know what Thai people are saying about me....(tongue in cheek)...but half serious at the same time.

Interesting... throughout my 20 years here my Thai has been at every level from beginner on up and no Thai ever asked me anything like that... I can't even imagine?? They have always been encouraging... 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, kenk24 said:

Thanks Yinn... this is truly what Thai people think.. my family would be bored by TVF conversations in 2 minutes...

I walked past a frustrated Westerner at a shopping mall sitting at an AIS booth or something... he was calm at least, but telling the young lady who worked there how customer service was so much better in his country... the fact that it was Sunday and she probably could not do much to help anyway... but, this condescending <deleted> goes on all the time... 

come on.  give me a break.  the FACT that you are replying indicates the opposite of what you are saying.

as for the condescending...  both parties are guilty of it.

2 minutes ago, kenk24 said:

Hi Sir... I can only hope that some of this disrespect is just on TVF and people are more polite in public and personal interactions... but more and more, from what i read here, and some of what I see, many foreigners are simply rude. They are angry and confrontational and those are qualities that do not go down well. Thai are much more perceptive than these Westerners can imagine...  

talk about condesending....

yes, there are a lot of <deleted> farangs.  I agree.  I grew up with them.  so, I know...

on the other hand, there are a lot of <deleted> everywhere you go including in thailand.

you say the thais don't give a hoot about what foreigners think?  well, then, why the tm30 debacle and the 800k baht rule?  as I see it, I believe it is due to the thais just getting fed up with all the whining and rants that many of the <deleted> farangs have been pushing on thaivisa.

not all foreigners are like this.  we are not all <deleted>.