Indian tourist killed, another injured in Phuket motorbike accident

snoop1130

Indian tourist killed, another injured in Phuket motorbike accident

By Eakkapop Thongtub

1570698208_1-org.jpg

the accident occurred on the wet slippery coastal road at the northern end of Kalim Bay last night (Oct 9). Photo: Kamala Police

PHUKET:-- An Indian woman died and her male companion was injured in a motorbike accident on the coastal road at the northern end of Kalim Bay, north of Patong, last night (Oct 9).

Lt Col Somnuek Damkaew of the Kamala Police was called to the scene, on a curve along the Patong-Kamala Rd, at 8:20pm.

When police arrived, two injured Indian tourists were still pinned under a black Phuket-registered Chevrolet Captiva stopped on the northbound side of road, Col Somnuek noted in his report.

Full Story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/indian-tourist-killed-another-injured-in-phuket-motorbike-accident-73201.php#SyBkko0gQ8kraVqA.97

42 minutes ago, Old Croc said:

Nobody helped extract the tourists from under the car until the Police arrived! I hope the lady wasn't slowly being crushed to death by the weight.

I wonder how many were standing around watching.

Do you not mean filming on the mobiles.

R.I.P. to the lady, but it seems possible it is just another inexperienced rider not able to handle the conditions.

12 minutes ago, Wiesel said:

Sorry but are you able to lift a SUV with bare hands and keep it up for the time it needs to rescue the people below without risk the others??

I would presume the car would have a jack.

Still, I'm not sure how I would have reacted if I would have been there.

34 minutes ago, Wiesel said:

Sorry but are you able to lift a SUV with bare hands and keep it up for the time it needs to rescue the people below without risk the others??

Are you for real or just some troll?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDno-4eqFWU

1 hour ago, Wiesel said:

From past experience... most definitely. Not alone, but hey, many hands make light work. Often the wreck simply needs rocking around a pivot point.

the quicker a person is removed from a crushing situation, the greater their chance of survival

2 hours ago, Wiesel said:

A) You don't have to lift the SUV, you need to heft it up enough so the shocks slacken. 3 or 4 men could do this easily enough while 1 or 2 others drag them out. 

B) How long would it take to grab the jack and jack the SUV up?

Of course, I'm talking about people that would actually even think of either of these 2 scenarios. 

Col Somnuek reported that police were told by witnesses at the scene that Mr Mishra was driving the motorbike with Ms Paliwal riding as passenger from Kamala Beach. The two were travelling southbound to the hotel where they were staying in Patong.

It was raining at the time, and Mr Mishra lost control of the motorbike on the slippery road, sending the two tourist sliding across the road into the path of the oncoming car.

Col Somnuek’s report made no mention of whether the tourists were wearing helmets, or of the extent of Mr Mishra’s injuries.

Nuff said.  Sorry, but this stuff to me is NOT and accident.  Driving too fast for the conditions.

On 10/11/2019 at 9:44 AM, Old Croc said:

Nobody helped extract the tourists from under the car until the Police arrived! I hope the lady wasn't slowly being crushed to death by the weight.

I wonder how many were standing around watching.

Maybe there was noway of moving the vehicle without causing further injury to the other victim who was also pinned underneath.

2 minutes ago, Barry343 said:

Maybe there was noway of moving the vehicle without causing further injury to the other victim who was also pinned underneath.

Yes, I'm sure the Thai bystanders had assessed this before breaking out the phones to video the scene.

23 minutes ago, Old Croc said:

Yes, I'm sure the Thai bystanders had assessed this before breaking out the phones to video the scene.

This is a worldwide problem, where people are more interested in making sure they have good photos for their social media than helping the victims. Some even let their kids have a good look, 'won't do them any harm' 'my kids can handle this', just to make sure they have a good view of all the blood and other nasty stuff.

15 minutes ago, Yinn said:

Sure? How you sure? You there? Or just imagine?

It the tourist area. What were the caucasions doing? 

The real (not your “sure” imagine) the thai rescue team and save husband life. 

Where were you? Drunk? In bed?

You've lost any relevance you may once have had here Yinn with your nasty attacks on all expats over every little thing you perceive as an attack on Thai people.

Before my first post, I did examine the picture to try to ascertain if some of the bystanders were tourists. Possible, but hard to tell from behind so I didn't specify nationality in that first post. That road, which I'm probably more familiar with than someone like yourself who lives in another province, does have a lot of tourist traffic.

My post, that you decided to monster, was in reply to the one before it. Quoting it in separation is disingenuous. My comment about Thais videoing the scene was based on personal observation. Westerners do gawk at such scenes far too often, but don't always reach for the video button like Thais I've observed.  

If I was on the scene I would have said so. I'm presuming your comments also are not based on personal observation. Hypocrisy comes to mind. 

Your nasty comments about me personally, reflect back on your own character.

For information, I'm a non-drinker and was probably sitting in my wheelchair at the time.

Years ago, I drove my pick-up into a storm drain ditch on a heavily-flooded road in north Phuket.  The vehicle was physically lifted up and out by about 20 Burmese labourers...

On 10/12/2019 at 9:53 AM, Old Croc said:

There were no reports of "Thai bystanders breaking out the phones to video the scene".  They may well have been, there may well also have ben a crowd of foreigners doing the same and not just lifting the SUV out of the way.

On 10/14/2019 at 4:18 PM, simon43 said:

Years ago, I drove my pick-up into a storm drain ditch on a heavily-flooded road in north Phuket.  The vehicle was physically lifted up and out by about 20 Burmese labourers...

Perhaps, but there weren't two critically injured people trapped underneath whose injuries could have been made worse by trying to move the vehicle, were there?

Archived