Form of proof of funds for SETV?

I'm going to Cambodia to get a new SETV. I'm having difficulty finding what forms the proof of funds can be in—and one that would work.

What form can the proof of funds be in for a getting a new SETV?
Would an ATM receipt 100% work?

Options I've considered:

- Having cash would work, but there's no way I'm walking around with $1000USD cash in Cambodia (the embassy in Phnom Penh requires $1000USD)—I'll also have to convert the currency two times, with poor rates and fees.

- I could provide a bank letter from my Thai bank, but is it correct that this will look bad, since this is for a SETV?
- Traveler's check could also be an option, but the transfer to my Thai bank account probably won't make it in time (just got it, used up my previous transfer).

- I could get a bank letter from my bank in my home country, but that might be complicated.

16 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

I realize I'm not addressing your question. However you mention "NEW SETV" implies you have already had from here or there. I think better places than PP for setv. Also 1000usd isn't big money. Can't see the big worry.

Yes, second SETV. Previous entries were only one SETV from home country. Regarding Phnom Penh embassy, going to Angkor Wat as well. ????

Edited by ThLT

11 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

are there problems there? Im probably going there myself as part of a little expedition anyway. 

To answer you and also OP who wishes to visit Angkor Wat (great idea)....

The reports about PP is that its best use an agent. The problem with PP is that they sometimes process the visa, then return with void stamp. Perhaps that's for folk that have tried to apply for second setv at PP.

Members will be along to give more definitive advice. My vote is Saigon, however the OP wants visit Siem Reap. 

3 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

The reports about PP is that its best use an agent. The problem with PP is that they sometimes process the visa, then return with void stamp. Perhaps that's for folk that have tried to apply for second setv at PP.

Allright so you yourself have no knowledge of problems. Agents are no problem, where there are agents there is same day service ????

• Sad 1

16 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

Allright so you yourself have no knowledge of problems. Agents are no problem, where there are agents there is same day service ????

First up, I have never applied for setv from PP. That's why I mentioned better advice will be forthcoming from others. What I can relate is unlike places Vientiane and Saigon where it is overnight process.....PP it is not, even using agent. My understanding is that it takes few days. Also they pretty much issue only one and next time it can/will be rejected. 

Edited by DrJack54

On 10/11/2019 at 9:00 AM, ThLT said:

I'm planing on printing bank statements, getting an ATM receipt, and also a printed screenshot of my TransferWise balance.

Is there a good chance that the above will work out okay?

Printed Bank statement and ATM receipt is what I used for my successful METV last year. With the ATM Receipt I also scanned my ATM card. Not sure if that made a difference, but I did get the visa.

• Like 1