What woodchippers would you recommend

I am now looking at the more budget friendly Kanto model which has a 6.5hp engine and can cut up to 6" at a price of 13,500 from pspmart.  I realise the engine is not as good as a honda but I have a few Kanto products and they all perform to my expectations.  The Kojima seems a tad expensive at 19,500 by comparison and it has a smaller 3hp engine and only cuts up to 3".

More than open to any opinions, don't want to be the fool whose money has soon parted

JAF

I have one of those Kanto's, not bad on long straight stuff like coconut leaves, green eucalyptus branches say 40mm, wet banana trunks will clog it if your not careful, anything Bush like can get stuck in the feed tube. So pretty much like any small chipper take your time feeding it.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

7 hours ago, JustAnotherFarang said:

I am now looking at the more budget friendly Kanto model which has a 6.5hp engine and can cut up to 6" at a price of 13,500 from pspmart.  I realise the engine is not as good as a honda but I have a few Kanto products and they all perform to my expectations.  The Kojima seems a tad expensive at 19,500 by comparison and it has a smaller 3hp engine and only cuts up to 3".

More than open to any opinions, don't want to be the fool whose money has soon parted

JAF

Seriously man, a 6.5hp will struggle to chip anything bigger than a 1" branch.  If your cutting 6" material a 24hp Kohler twin will struggle.  

As it happens I to have been looking for 15hp wood chipper.  I contacted some companies on Alibaba and the price after import tax and duty would be around 30.000 baht with a spares kit....but I cannot buy just one!  If anyone is interested a 20ft container will hold 18.  So, I need 17 other buyers to make it worthwhile.

2019-10-12 10_04_53.png

On 10/12/2019 at 11:42 AM, drtreelove said:

Check this out:

Love it!  A friend in Australia had a 8" bandit years ago. Was clearing a block up in the  Yarra Valley and he brought it up.  Had a lot of Pine and some Wattle to chip and it ripped right into it!  <deleted> wouldn't take my money when I offered it. He said "I've already sold it and made a profit"   $1200 for the 2 truck loads...not bad for half a  days work back then. 

Those are just a step up from a paper shredder.  These are wood chippers 
1628351496_Picture018.thumb.jpg.b1f7c8921fc27a64f3b8af2d59f25e5f.jpg
1671782311_NewTrackChipper2.thumb.jpg.5fa40c12dff1e532c354eb28e6c3eab8.jpg
1491784767_CTStrackchipper.thumb.jpg.b948ecd535506109aa0788f060030c62.jpg
Second picture, the green one.
Gotta love those names.
"Intimidator" [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...

Archived