Lady Cat fixed but male Cats still ...

Hi, just after 2 months that she gave birth to 2 kittens we let

her fixed by a small surgical operation done by a Vet.

We are 6 weeks further now.

The 2 male Cats we have still checking her out by licking/sniffing.

Does this stop eventually? Or do the males doesn't have a clue that she's fixed?

TIA

26 minutes ago, Jack Mountain said:

Well it's always handy when you can fix a sail when it's too windy.

Sterialised is a better word?

Sterilized is a better word, yes.

Sails can be "shortened" or "reefed"

25 minutes ago, tgw said:

Sterilized is a better word, yes.

Sails can be "shortened" or "reefed"

For you it was a better word, and for the OP it worked fine with "fixed". As it seems you understood anyway, and it´s not your cats. So, what´s your problem?

I will bring you an explaination you can understand: He have taken the wind out of the cat by reefing it´s sail forever, and it´s partners are still looking for that great trip, strong wind and the feeling that took them over the ocean to the land of paradise for a short while.

To OP: Have done the same many times, and the result vary. Mostly it has a deterring effect on cats they never seen before, but the ones that been there still remember that sweet smell. ???? 

10 hours ago, Matzzon said:

For you it was a better word, and for the OP it worked fine with "fixed". As it seems you understood anyway, and it´s not your cats. So, what´s your problem?

I will bring you an explaination you can understand: He have taken the wind out of the cat by reefing it´s sail forever, and it´s partners are still looking for that great trip, strong wind and the feeling that took them over the ocean to the land of paradise for a short while.

To OP: Have done the same many times, and the result vary. Mostly it has a deterring effect on cats they never seen before, but the ones that been there still remember that sweet smell. ???? 

language affects thought patterns.

Do you know exactly what procedure the vet did? Sone rural vets in Thailand remove only uterus and leave the ovaries. When they do this the poor cat continues to go into heat and male cats are attracted accordingly.

It id very cruel as the female suffets greatly but it does happen. I experienced it once and when I went back to the vet and complained he was shocked that I would have expected him to have removed the ovaries. Since then I have obviously not used that vet again and also made sure to specify oopho-hysterectomy.

Just a thought.

Sent from my SM-J701F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

4 hours ago, Sheryl said:

Do you know exactly what procedure the vet did? Sone rural vets in Thailand remove only uterus and leave the ovaries. When they do this the poor cat continues to go into heat and male cats are attracted accordingly.

It id very cruel as the female suffets greatly but it does happen. I experienced it once and when I went back to the vet and complained he was shocked that I would have expected him to have removed the ovaries. Since then I have obviously not used that vet again and also made sure to specify oopho-hysterectomy.

Just a thought.

Thx, No idea but the procedure inclusive shaving took less then 45 minutes and then we were back on our way home. The cat drugged of course ... She had only 1 incision ... The bill was 800 Baht.

Maybe that makes it more clear what's been done. 

It was done by a Vet in Naklua, Pattaya.

Thx, No idea but the procedure inclusive shaving took less then 45 minutes and then we were back on our way home. The cat drugged of course ... She had only 1 incision ... The bill was 800 Baht.
Maybe that makes it more clear what's been done. 
It was done by a Vet in Naklua, Pattaya.

Ask the Vet & find out. If they did not take the ovaries she should have a second procedure to do so -- at a diffetent, better vet.

Aside from luring the Tomcats your cat will suffer greatly as she will keep going into heat and can't get pregnant. Unrelieved heat is agonizing for cats and can even kill them.

2 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

Ask the Vet & find out. If they did not take the ovaries she should have a second procedure to do so -- at a diffetent, better vet.

Aside from luring the Tomcats your cat will suffer greatly as she will keep going into heat and can't get pregnant. Unrelieved heat is agonizing for cats and can even kill them.

Thx, I will do that.

Archived